The Utica Comets Thread XXIII - Calder Cup Playoffs Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nov 1, 2011
With the Nucks out the Comets just became my currently favorite hockey team. Calder cup baby, let's do this!

Yep, all-in for the Utica Comets.

Looking forward to the rest of their post-season...

Last edited by a moderator:

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Isn't the Calder final shown on tv generally?

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
This has probably been answered so I apologize in advance.

Can BoHo join the comets, if not then how come?

Nope. Don't know the full reason other then he isn't eligible because he didn't make the deadline to get sent down. If they are on the Canucks roster and not the Comets past a certain point they are not eligible to join the Comets on the playoff run.

May have explained it bad, but it's the general gist.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
This has probably been answered so I apologize in advance.

Can BoHo join the comets, if not then how come?

This is my understanding why Bo Horvat cannot join the Comets for the playoffs.

Because he was 19 and drafted out of the CHL, Bo could not be assigned to the AHL this year except for a rehab.

To be eligible for the AHL playoffs all players on current NHL contracts have to be on the AHL team's roster at 3pm on trade deadline day which I believe was March 2nd. Vancouver made eligible to the Comets on 3/2 Markstrom, Biega, Corrado, Clendening and Kenins plus traded for and assigned to Utica Baertschi and Conacher. Bo could not be made eligible on 3/2 because of the age rule and so he cannot come down now.

All of the players made eligible were reassigned to Utica before the end of the year except Kenins who can come back now.

Players who finish their CHL season are eligible for the AHL playoffs if they sign a PTO or ATO with the AHL team. Bo cannot do that because he was in the NHL.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
This is my understanding why Bo Horvat cannot join the Comets for the playoffs.

Because he was 19 and drafted out of the CHL, Bo could not be assigned to the AHL this year except for a rehab.

To be eligible for the AHL playoffs all players on current NHL contracts have to be on the AHL team's roster at 3pm on trade deadline day which I believe was March 2nd. Vancouver made eligible to the Comets on 3/2 Markstrom, Biega, Corrado, Clendening and Kenins plus traded for and assigned to Utica Baertschi and Conacher. Bo could not be made eligible on 3/2 because of the age rule and so he cannot come down now.

All of the players made eligible were reassigned to Utica before the end of the year except Kenins who can come back now.

Players who finish their CHL season are eligible for the AHL playoffs if they sign a PTO or ATO with the AHL team. Bo cannot do that because he was in the NHL.

My thought is: Can we assign Bo to Junior, and then have him sign a ATO?

Craz1bo1

Feb 9, 2013
My thought is: Can we assign Bo to Junior, and then have him sign a ATO?

I don't think that's plausible, since it was either NHL or juniors for him this year. Since he stuck in the NHL, he can't go back to juniors.

Also, since Bo is already signed to an entry-level contract, and burned a year of it already, I don't think he can sign any others. Could be wrong though.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
We might need a PSA that Bo can't join the Comets :-/

Can Jake join them after the Hitmen are eliminated?

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
I heard on the radio today that Horvat is under consideration for team Canada at the WHC.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Here's hoping the Comets go far obviously. Would also ease some of the disappointment of how the Nucks went out.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
Wow, a long time between games. I guess it makes sense with the distance to travel, this allows a nice transition and everybody to get set up so the best quality hockey can be served up on the ice. GO COMETS GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad