The Utica Comets Thread | Part XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
You sir, have it correct. It makes one wonder what is going through the minds of Leafs management. What is the reason they went after him if they weren't going to use him? This is especially mind bending when you look at the future impending talent they have down below.
Depth in case of injuries – same reason the Canucks would have wanted to keep him. I don't know much about the Marlies' defense, but I am guessing Frankie is in that talent purgatory between the NHL and AHL teams.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Depth in case of injuries – same reason the Canucks would have wanted to keep him. I don't know much about the Marlies' defense, but I am guessing Frankie is in that talent purgatory between the NHL and AHL teams.

I think you have correctly identified his position.

As to the depth issue, Toronto is rapidly approaching the point of having too many names on their 23 man roster. Problem with Frankie is he can't go down without passing through waivers once more. Something has to give with their numbers. Counting Frankie they list 10 D-men. Robidas is on IR, but healing. Something with Granberg, but I don't know what it is.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
This has got to be the worst scenario possible for Corrado. I guess he could have gotten stuck probably playing most of the season in the AHL, but he would actually be playing.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
This has got to be the worst scenario possible for Corrado. I guess he could have gotten stuck probably playing most of the season in the AHL, but he would actually be playing.

No different than last season. he could have been playing with The Comets while he spent half the season in the Cancucks press box. The only difference this year he is sitting in the Toronto press box. Got to hand it to the management in both cities, they really know how to develop nearly NHL ready players. The press box has always been the best place to develop them into NHL players.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
My panic attack in post #923 has been calmed by the last posting of the Comets roster. The Comets now go with 7 D-men. The list is not the most impressive: Fedun/Pedan/Ehrhardt/Subban/Sautner/Negrin/Daniels. Daniels will wear #13.

On another note Richard Bachman is listed as #32 and Stewart who had been wearing #32 is mysteriously missing from the roster. Can assume his new # has not been assigned and listed on the roster or he is gone. I'd prefer the latter, but think it's the former.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Stewart is listed on the AHL transactions as being sent to the Zoo today.

My last post obviously reveals that I'm not surprised. My actual surprise it that it took this long.

The untrained eye noticed he didn't fit. I say that because so many fans I've run across at the Aud have stated such and many are not life long hockey buffs.

Oh well. We also know there is no nepotism or unjust favoritism shown any players in the hockey world.

The Flint OHL team's owner fired his coach and assistant. Then the players walked into the GM's office and threw their jerseys on the floor and walked out with their equipment bags. The coaches were chased down after having vacated the premises with their belongings and rehired.

Seems the main issue was the owner's son is on the team and had only played in 5 of their games this season. Hmmm. "Don't play my kid? Look for another job!"

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Wow!!! Captain Biega is back also. Good!

No one would like to see him with the Canucks more than me, but getting the Vancouver press box treatment for called up D-men, as is the norm with Comets D-men, isn't the way I'd like to see it and I don't think it pleases him either.

Good job, Willie. No reason to play a guy who has shown you since camp that he can do the job.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Tonight UTICA COMETS (5-4-1-0) @ SPRINGFIELD FALCONS (4-5-1-0)
MassMutual Center, 7 pm

The Falcons are lead by none other than former Comet Dustin Jeffrey. He is recently returned from the Arizona Coyotes. He leads the team in goals, assists, and points. It might have been a wiser move for the Comets to have held on to him rather than trading for Conacher. Not sure the Canucks would have offered him any deal to stay so probably better for his bank account to have left.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Jeffrey for Conacher was an underrated bad move. Jeffrey is a great all-around player at the AHL level while Conacher was an extremely streaky scorer who is now in Europe I believe.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Stewart is listed on the AHL transactions as being sent to the Zoo today.
popgoestheworld_zpsqxbum4tw.gif

Fig. 1: The peasants rejoice

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
popgoestheworld_zpsqxbum4tw.gif

Fig. 1: The peasants rejoice

LOL!!! Not sure we are actually that happy. It's never good to rejoice when a player's path heads down to the Zoo.

Speaking of the Zoo are you guys in Vancouver aware that another known commodity is on their roster? Alexandre Mallet!!!!! Yes, he's just one step below the Comets on their farm team and he is still only 23. 5G/4A/9pts in 11 GP. Aw-oh, could it happen? Doo doo, Doo doo - Doo doo, Doo doo. LOL

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
LOL!!! Not sure we are actually that happy. It's never good to rejoice when a player's path heads down to the Zoo.

Speaking of the Zoo are you guys in Vancouver aware that another known commodity is on their roster? Alexandre Mallet!!!!! Yes, he's just one step below the Comets on their farm team and he is still only 23. 5G/4A/9pts in 11 GP. Aw-oh, could it happen? Doo doo, Doo doo - Doo doo, Doo doo. LOL

Well you just never know...Mallet was considered a 'late-bloomer' when the 'Nucks drafted him out of the Q, but the bloom soon came off the rose....but not impossible for the same thing to happen in pro hockey as it did junior....guy was always tough enough to play pro hockey...as I recall we traded a third rounder and Mallet to the Isles for Pedan...would be ironic if he comes full circle.:nod:

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
utica_comets.png

COMETS GAME DAY!

Utica Comets (5-4-1-1) @ Springfield Falcons (4-5-1-0)

MassMutual Center - Springfield, MA
7:00PM EST - November 13, 2015

Utica leaders:
Goals: Hunter Shinkaruk (9)
Assists: Linden Vey (7)
+/-: Taylor Fedun, Andrey Pedan (+3)
PIMS: Andrey Pedan (22)

Springfield leaders:
Goals: Dustin Jeffrey (5)
Assists: Dustin Jeffrey (7)
+/-: Greg Carey, Corey Potter, Phil Lane, Matthias Plachta (+3)
PIMS: Phil Lane (20)

Projected starting goalies:

Utica
Richard Bachman (0 GP, 0-0-0, 0.00 GAA, .000 Save%, 0 shutouts)

Springfield
Louis Domingue (7 GP, 3-2-1, 2.21 GAA, .920 Save%, 0 shutouts)​

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
utica_comets.png

COMETS GAME DAY!

Utica Comets (5-4-1-1) @ Springfield Falcons (4-5-1-0)

MassMutual Center - Springfield, MA
7:00PM EST - November 13, 2015

Utica leaders:
Goals: Hunter Shinkaruk (9)
Assists: Linden Vey (7)
+/-: Taylor Fedun, Andrey Pedan (+3)
PIMS: Andrey Pedan (22)

Springfield leaders:
Goals: Dustin Jeffrey (5)
Assists: Dustin Jeffrey (7)
+/-: Greg Carey, Corey Potter, Phil Lane, Matthias Plachta (+3)
PIMS: Phil Lane (20)

Projected starting goalies:

Utica
Richard Bachman (0 GP, 0-0-0, 0.00 GAA, .000 Save%, 0 shutouts)

Springfield
Louis Domingue (7 GP, 3-2-1, 2.21 GAA, .920 Save%, 0 shutouts)​

Bachman in goal

Ehrhardt/Biega

Gaunce/Zalewski/Grenier

I'll try to post the rest of the lineup as it becomes clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad