Pre-Game Talk: The Unsustainabowl: Canucks vs. Bolts, Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Back in the day we'd have ties so that both teams could continue their "undefeated streak."
I mean, almost every "streak" in the NHL still does contain tie games with fake extra points, and the streakiness is thus exaggerated greatly, but I was surprised to see that none of Tampa's wins have been past regulation. That's really quite impressive. And of course only one of Vancouver's has, which is pretty crazy too.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Unfortunately, I don’t see the Canucks winning this one. All streaks come to an end, and Tampa is a better team than we are at current.

7-2 loss.

However, I think the Canucks will rebound from the loss and will play HARD the rest of the road trip.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I mean, almost every "streak" in the NHL still does contain tie games with fake extra points, and the streakiness is thus exaggerated greatly, but I was surprised to see that none of Tampa's wins have been past regulation. That's really quite impressive. And of course only one of Vancouver's has, which is pretty crazy too.

The first one.

The six straight regulation wins is far, FAR more impressive to me than anything else. I don't think the Canucks had even won 5 in a row properly since 2010. But nobody cares except us, man. we are just old men yelling at cloud.

woo

Oct 11, 2004
The first one.

The six straight regulation wins is far, FAR more impressive to me than anything else. I don't think the Canucks had even won 5 in a row properly since 2010. But nobody cares except us, man. we are just old men yelling at cloud.

I was bored so I looked it up, the 10-11 team had a 5, 6, and 8 regulation win streak. Hasn't happened since.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
5-3 Bolts ,with a Sergachev hat-trick.
Jonathan Tonathan Miller hat trick. I put my life on it
0CB6FBF7-ABDB-42CE-AE33-E3D69AAC0346.gif

Reactions: Indiana

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Still think we might be looking at a lower scoring OT game or shootout. Canucks usually play pretty well at the start of a road-trip in Florida. It's the games later in the trip where things usually get a little hairy.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Will come down to special teams and goaltending.
And getting pucks in deep. And one shift at a time.
And not letting them score in the first 5 minutes... or in the first 5 shots.

I think they got it out of their system tho.. TB scored on their first 2 shots in their last game.

So here's to TB putting Hedman on Petey and Miller... so Bo keeps rolling... Horvat for his 3rd multi-pt game in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad