Pre-Game Talk: The Unsustainabowl: Canucks vs. Bolts, Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
5aec2c6ab8f14fd695397de28aebfe3f.png

I know many of you will be preoccupied with football, but TBL has a game against the Carolina Hurricanes at 2:00 PST if anyone's interested. Come Tuesday, we might not be the only team with a seven-game win streak...

Vancouver's done well to mop up all of these weak-to-middling teams during this win streak; Tuesday's game should be a huge test

Last edited:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Canucksll win 8-4, goals by Fantomburger, Stecher, Eriksson, Schaller, Beagle, Myers, Tanev and Roussell with the goals

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
The Canucks have only ever had one regular-season 8-game win streak, and it was in 2010-11; they had another one that started in the 2009 regular season and continued into the playoffs

mcubed.net : NHL : Vancouver Canucks winning streaks

That Canucks team at the start of the 2008-2009 season was fire. After a slow start, I seem to recall Luongo getting like 4 shutouts or something. If it hadn’t been for that two month injury to Luongo, the Canucks very easily could have been off to the races. Still an excellent season however.

Some fans point to the Sundin signing as a waste, but I loved the signing. Sundin was a PPG player by the time that playoffs rolled around, and I also believe that his presence really helped Kesler take the next step in his development.

ps - As of yesterday, I’m officially older than Sundin was when he was a Canuck. :o

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Good time for a road trip. Home has its advantages, but there's a lot of distractions too, especially over the holiday season. Being on the road will sharpen their focus. That Buffalo/Minnesota back to back day games will be a challenge.

Go for EIGHT !

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Win or lose, I hope the Canucks can tighten things up. A close game in which the Canucks cut down on the 10-bell saves Markstrom has to make would be a good start to the road-trip, win or lose.

Sensing we might see an OT game or even a shoot-out.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
TB has looked pretty average this season..but have finally started putting it together..TB has to be favoured in this game, and the Canucks are going to need a 4 line , complete 60 minute effort (like the game in Washington) to come out with a win.

Canucks are relatively healthy, so this is another 'how do we measure up' game....

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Bolts just average this year and we usually play well against them. Canucks with a statement game. 5-1 Vancouver.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Nothing...he's just skating before practices..One has to be legitimately concerned about his health..An early retirement wouldn't come as a shock to anyone.
Exactly. If he has serious concussion problems and retires, at least the Canucks would know what they have to work with from a cap perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad