WWE: The Undertaker's Wrestlemania plans not ruined by Strowman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Taker could still go over and Shane still weasal some control since nothing official says he had to give his blackmail lockbox to Vince.

They basically gave them an out if they don't want Taker to lose (and if he does it won't be clean)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ok my booking for this match (I'm assuming there is no added stipulations to this match such as a Taker retirement if he loses or special refs). Also assumed that Taker was pissed off enough either by Vince threats or Shane goading that he isn't going to play around.

Vince will be at ringside, and I'm tempted to put him on commentary (maybe he kicks Saxton out).

This starts as a squash. Shane is just no match for the deadman. Shane is going to eat at least one big nasty spot (maybe two). I think one will be him being thrown through the side of the cage which breaks like in the Edge/Taker HIAC. Actually no. Shane is standing out of it on the cage wall, Taker runs at him,and Shane ducks out of the way and Taker breaks through the cage. IMPORTANT FOR LATER! There might be a spot where they start to climb the cage and half way up Taker elbows Shane off into a table. I highly doubt they go all the way up as the current cells are taller then the one Foley fell off.

So with the above spot the match starts to turn. Shane uses chairs, kendo sticks, whatever he can, to start and chip away at Taker. Imagine both will blade (Shane definitely is getting bloody, think Taker too).

They get back inside and Shane gets some offense in and goes for his first pin and Taker kicks out. Sit up spot and a tired and hurt Shane is scared now. Taker takes over again, chair shot, chokeslam, goes for the pin. Shane kicks out. Taker starts to yell at him to just stay down. Second chokeslam (or Last Ride) and Shane kicks out again. Taker is annoyed, hands on his hips not sure what to do as he doesn't want to kill the guy. He turns his back listening to Vince yelling and starts to go back to finish Shane but he regained just enough to hit Taker with a chair and both men are down. Shane starts to try to crawl towards Taker who is out.

Vince is losing it at this point BTW. This is where Vince interferes and starts to beat the **** out of Shane as Taker recovers. He then yells at Taker to end it. Taker is hesitant, but Vince keeps yelling. Crowd wants Taker to turn on Vince but it doesn't happen. Taker takes down the straps and is about to do the throat slash WHEN...

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....APPLEDOUGH!!!!!! Vince and Taker look to the ramp when Cena come from the crowd through the open cage and chair shots Vince and Taker then AAs Taker. He then drags Shane on top. 1.2.3 HERE COMES THE MONEY!!!

Cena raises Shane's hand who gets the hell out of there with official help as he is half dead. Cena is still in the ring gloating and looming over the pissed off Vince who is recovering. It looks like they are going to come to blows when Taker sits up.

Both men are shocked and Taker walks over to both. He is doing his dead stare and is starting to shake with rage. What is Taker going to do? He then chokeslams Vince out of his shoes. Crowd goes nuts.

Taker is looking down at Vince and Cena is looking happy and hotdogging a bit then BOOM. Taker does the quick head snap back to Cena. I think he plays this a bit heelish as he tries to explain why he had to interfere but Taker continues to approach Cena. Crowd is ready as Taker does the throat slash. Chokeslam, Tombstone Cena is out.

Taker's music hits, he does his knee thing, and walks out.

You then spend at least half the year building Cena/Taker. Taker mind games should be haunting Cena almost all year. Lights go out randomly. Dark smoke in the rings. Basically the same build Taker/Kane got when Taker came back as the deadman. No Taker sightings though.

Then at lets say Survivor Series Cena has a chance to tie/break Flair's record and "gong" Taker costs him and Taker/Cena retirement is ON.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
There's about a 200% chance that shane will be doing AT LEAST the coast to coast and leap of faith. I wouldn't be surprised if Vince is by the announcer table and taker is on the table as shane climbs the HIAC and leap of faith's off the top of the cage on to taker right infront of vince.

Maybe that's where cena interferes. He AA's taker and puts him on the table for shane.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Shane's not gonna jump off the top of the cell. They haven't had anyone fall from the cell since they re-designed it to be thinner and even higher than the last one many years ago. The more likely scenario is something like Rollins/Ambrose where Shane will be 3/4 of the way climbing the cell and get yanked down through the announce table.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Exceptions here and there of course but the HIAC match ever since they re-designed the cell and gave it it's own PPV has lost all effect and I think it hinders now more than it adds. People go in with high expectations for SICK BUMPZ and just come out disappointed. The point of the match was never who could take the biggest bump, it was straight up brutality (see Lesnar/Taker No Mercy 2002 - they didn't even leave). WWE straight up doesn't do that anymore which isn't a fault of the PG era as you can have perfectly fine brutal matches without blood, WWE just doesn't know how to book HIAC matches anymore for whatever reason. The only one I think holds up to the ones of old is Rollins/Ambrose.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The ones that generally don't do too well in HIAC are the ones that have a match that can essentially be done without the cage and have basically performed the same match and nothing would be different. lol

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Exceptions here and there of course but the HIAC match ever since they re-designed the cell and gave it it's own PPV has lost all effect and I think it hinders now more than it adds. People go in with high expectations for SICK BUMPZ and just come out disappointed. The point of the match was never who could take the biggest bump, it was straight up brutality (see Lesnar/Taker No Mercy 2002 - they didn't even leave). WWE straight up doesn't do that anymore which isn't a fault of the PG era as you can have perfectly fine brutal matches without blood, WWE just doesn't know how to book HIAC matches anymore for whatever reason. The only one I think holds up to the ones of old is Rollins/Ambrose.

Edge vs. Undertaker, the second match after the redesign, is great.

The problem with HIAC wasn't the redesign, it was the gimmick PPVs that put programs that didn't deserve the cell and putting them in there. What you have then is regular wrestling matches in a Cell just because the calendar is October and the event calls for it. When the match warranted the Cell (Ambrose/Rollins, Taker/Lesnar) in recent memory, it was a damn good match.

WWE needs to scrap the HIAC PPV. Simple as that.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Edge vs. Undertaker, the second match after the redesign, is great.

The problem with HIAC wasn't the redesign, it was the gimmick PPVs that put programs that didn't deserve the cell and putting them in there. What you have then is regular wrestling matches in a Cell just because the calendar is October and the event calls for it. When the match warranted the Cell (Ambrose/Rollins, Taker/Lesnar) in recent memory, it was a damn good match.

WWE needs to scrap the HIAC PPV. Simple as that.

That's why I said exceptions here and there. :laugh:

There have been good matches since the PPV was introduced but I don't think any of them really touch matches like Taker/Lesnar at No Mercy.

100% agreed though. I don't like gimmick PPVs to begin with all that much but HIAC is the only one I really passionately feel like they need to scrap into the garbage. Other gimmick matches can be used with little-to-no story, HIAC was something that was literally built as a storytelling device.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Depends on who's in it. Undertaker vs. Brock a few months ago was pretty damn great. What's Vince going to do? Fine Undertaker if he blades? lol

Exactly. He didn't with Brock/taker. Ya Brock was hard way but Taker more likely was a blade (though it could of been hard way) but every one knew they went into business for themselves with the blood to make a better more brutal match and it worked.

With the announcement they intend to be edgier for mania I imagine they will do something more along those likes or the edge match. Plus if it is Shane. Dude is the definition of a spot monkey and I think he might be insane. He will do at least two stupid spots that could hurt him badly.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Is 46 year old Shane McMahon still crazy enough to fall from high places?

I don't think so....this is being discussed in a few threads at the moment. I think he may do a fall from part way up the cage (either onto the table by himself, or onto a prone Taker on the table) But not from the top of the cage.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think this is one of those matches where you may have to tell the story that Taker feels sorry for Shane for trying to do good and then Shane just does the roll-up finish maybe with the tights. lol Something cheap maybe but it's going to be tough to sell either as heels in this.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Do you guys think we should close this thread and make a Shane vs. Taker - Wrestlemania thread? It seems like 3 threads are all talking about the same thing.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Do you guys think we should close this thread and make a Shane vs. Taker - Wrestlemania thread? It seems like 3 threads are all talking about the same thing.

I think that would be a good idea. Between this thread, the Shane thread, the RAW thread and the PPV spoiler thread (I think that's it) we're up to 4 talking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad