WWE: The Undertaker's Wrestlemania plans not ruined by Strowman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Bryan Alvarez reported on today's installment of Wrestling Observer Live that WWE is going to book Braun Strowman to face The Big Show at the WWE Fastlane event. Strowman would then win the match and go on to face The Undertaker at WrestleMania.

As noted, The Undertaker was originally planned to face John Cena at the annual event, however those plans were nixed because of Cena's injury.

Source: Wrestling Observer Radio

Admittedly, I haven't listened to the episode to see if he said it as speculation, or reported it as it is the plans, but this shouldn't really be a surprise to many people considering Meltzer reported that Undertaker/Strowman was a possibility back in October/November when The Wyatts were working with the BoD.

This Wrestlemania is just going to be... yikes. That match will surely be up there as one of Undertaker's worst Wrestlemania matches.

The only thing saving this from happening is Undertaker telling Vince he wants a real opponent and someone who can actually work.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Well, at least it builds in a long bathroom and snack break during the 4 hour broadcast.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
This Wrestlemania is legitimately looking like it'll be a disaster unless they have a bunch of great workers fill up the undercard so they can give fans good matches before the three main events, because if not... it's gonna be bad.

I hope Undertaker says "no, I'm not working that guy, give me Owens" or something like that.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Don't care about HHH-Reings, don't care about Taker-Strowman.

And all the stuff I might be interested in has a but attached to it:

Lesnar-Wyatt, which will be ruined by a Wyatt burial?

New Day, but we'll probably just see them vs. The Usos for the 400th time, and they'll probably lose too.

Sasha vs Charlotte? I love Sasha, but hate Charlotte, so I don't even know if I'll be interested in that.

Will they have anything for Styles? Or will he just be in a pre-show random 8-man tag or in the Battle Royal?

This is gonna be awful...

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yeah, this isn't exactly what he said (as always). What he actually said was that they're considering Big Show vs Strowman at Fastlane. As in it's just one of a number of ideas, not something they've put on the card yet. And the Undertaker part is 100% speculation (but logical speculation).

And this won't be 'Taker's worst match. There were some terrible ones early in his career, and 'Taker him self wasn't very good back then which didn't help anything.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
At this point, the only thing I'm excited for is the build to Wyatt/Lesnar (not the match because Wyatt is gonna lose) and Sasha winning the Divas title.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Undertaker's match with Jake Roberts also was not very good.
That said...
He was a zombie-like character back then...
So that did not help.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I guess it was too much to ask for WWE to pull of the hat trick with three straight awesome Wrestlemania's.

I still have mild PTSD over the streak of 27/28/29, all of which were meh-to-terrible.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Yeah, as others have said, it can't really be any worse than the Giant Gonzalez or Bossman Mania matches for Taker.

Taker was already running low on options with Cena on the shelf. My personal preference would have been to have Finn Balor debut at the Royal Rumble and have a match with Taker at Mania. At the very least, their respective entrances should be "must see". Taker wouldn't be able to go like he did against Shawn or HHH a few years ago, but they would have put on a better match than Braun Strowman and Taker will probably have.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Id be down with a Lesnar/Taker vs The Wyatt's handicap no DQ match.

MzWYLc.gif

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I have no idea why you question that. His entire gimmick is that he doesn't sell and doesn't get knocked down. You have to be very blind to miss that.

I question what he did in the Rumble. I know what his gimmick is outside of matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot