The Ultimate General Manager's Chat Thread

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
confirmed!

610x.jpg

we see him as a pronger prototype!

Angelo25

Jun 2, 2007
hahahaha vancouver owns tampa bay with the obrien and ouellet for krajicek and simek.. total ownage.. sorry tbl but thats a really bad deal..

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
hahahaha vancouver owns tampa bay with the obrien and ouellet for krajicek and simek.. total ownage.. sorry tbl but thats a really bad deal..

Actually I would say Tampa won

Krajicek will be a terrific fit in Tampa's system and will get tons of points using his terrific puck-moving skills to move it to Tampa's very skilled forwards

And Simej has world class skills, if he can just become a little more consistent he will be a great 2nd liner in this league

And for O'Brien who is an alright defenseman but definatly not top 4 and Oullet who didn't even get picked up on waivers for nothing so he must have negative value

Sorry dude Tampa owned :handclap:

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
i actually think it was a pretty fair deal. O'brien just was running around too much and didnt really fit in here he is def a player designed to play in the West. and Oullet was the odd man out with the 100000000000 new forwards.

Krajicek will give them what they need, if you saw the games vs the rangers this weekend, they COULD NOT get the puck out of their own end. and we add more prospect depth.

i won't say either team ran away with this one.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
i actually think it was a pretty fair deal. O'brien just was running around too much and didnt really fit in here he is def a player designed to play in the West. and Oullet was the odd man out with the 100000000000 new forwards.

Krajicek will give them what they need, if you saw the games vs the rangers this weekend, they COULD NOT get the puck out of their own end. and we add more prospect depth.

Exactly but I am still certain Tampa won't make the playoffs......with this defense

Ranger - Meszaros
Carle - Krajicek
Niskala - Mikhalik

:laugh:

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
Exactly but I am still certain Tampa won't make the playoffs......with this defense

Ranger - Meszaros
Carle - Krajicek
Niskala - Mikhalik

:laugh:

actually Mihalik was sent down today

its

Ranger -Mesz
Carle - Krajicek
Niskala - Lundin ;)

while i do agree that unless they get it together they arent a playoff team. but you have to admit once that D grows up a bit together they could potentially have one of the best 2 ways D's in the league in a few years. there biggest problem is inexperience, and only time will help that out.

i'd rather have a future then just try to become a playoff team out of no where, tampa has tried that for too long. I think they'll finish 12th in the confrence, thats just my opinion though.

Angelo25

Jun 2, 2007
Actually I would say Tampa won

Krajicek will be a terrific fit in Tampa's system and will get tons of points using his terrific puck-moving skills to move it to Tampa's very skilled forwards

And Simej has world class skills, if he can just become a little more consistent he will be a great 2nd liner in this league

And for O'Brien who is an alright defenseman but definatly not top 4 and Oullet who didn't even get picked up on waivers for nothing so he must have negative value

Sorry dude Tampa owned :handclap:

are you serious with that assessment..

i do agree that krajicek might fit in with Tampa's defense but im not sure if he's going to get points especially since he's not a pp quarterback.. he's a good secondary point man but he will never produce more than 30 points at best. And as far as Simek, he does not lack any world class skills, ive watched this guy both in manitoba and in the prospects game and i would hardly call his skill set world class.. if anything he does everything average and has no weakness, and last time i checked, isnt the strength of Tampa Bay are there forwards, simek struggled in the moose last year simply because he was asked to play a checker role instead of a scorer role and i just dont see that with Tampa. In my opinion he's a safe bet to defect after next year or whenever his pro contract expires. O'brien was asked to play top 4 minutes. Granted he will never be a top four guy but in Vancouver he is a bottom 2 at best and we'll take that, especially when AV has emphasized a tougher defense. Just look at the trade board and we'll see who's right about this. I dont want to start anything but dude trust me in this one that Vancouver in the end of the day owned this deal.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
are you serious with that assessment..

i do agree that krajicek might fit in with Tampa's defense but im not sure if he's going to get points especially since he's not a pp quarterback.. he's a good secondary point man but he will never produce more than 30 points at best. And as far as Simek, he does not lack any world class skills, ive watched this guy both in manitoba and in the prospects game and i would hardly call his skill set world class.. if anything he does everything average and has no weakness, and last time i checked, isnt the strength of Tampa Bay are there forwards, simek struggled in the moose last year simply because he was asked to play a checker role instead of a scorer role and i just dont see that with Tampa. In my opinion he's a safe bet to defect after next year or whenever his pro contract expires. O'brien was asked to play top 4 minutes. Granted he will never be a top four guy but in Vancouver he is a bottom 2 at best and we'll take that, especially when AV has emphasized a tougher defense. Just look at the trade board and we'll see who's right about this. I dont want to start anything but dude trust me in this one that Vancouver in the end of the day owned this deal.

I hate to break this to you dude, you didn't win this deal

/Argument

Angelo25

Jun 2, 2007

Tampa Bay is going to ask Krajicek to play top four minutes when he cant even crack top 6 in vancouver and i think vancouver's defense is overrated. Simek is hardly a prospect and last time i checked he's not a checker and sure he might play top 6 minutes in the minor league but hes not going to play that in TB since apparently forward is where all the talent is. I agree that O'brien was running around too much but it;s only simply because TBL was asking him to play top 4 minutes where in vancouver he is going to play bottom 2 minutes at best.. maybe its not total ownage but in the long run we have scoring depth and defensive depth at the end of the day. Also i love krajicek and it's hard me to let him go but i really hope he steps and produces atleast 20 points, i doubt it but seriously, theres at times where he would dominate but more often that not he simply wasnt good enough to handle top 4 minutes..

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
i agree with you Angelo about Krajicek, but tampa doesn't need any more offense from defenceman they need someone who can be solid that's it.

Oullet was waived and going for nothing so its good to get something for him instead of paying his salary to play in Norfolk.

I really dont think either team won this deal. Skill wise VAN could be the winners depending on if Oullet can get it together and not be a pansy. But its 'the right' move for tampa because it addresses a weakness. I dont think its a strong enough deal 1 way or the other to say that either team ran away with it.

Angelo25

Jun 2, 2007
i agree with you Angelo about Krajicek, but tampa doesn't need any more offense from defenceman they need someone who can be solid that's it.

Oullet was waived and going for nothing so its good to get something for him instead of paying his salary to play in Norfolk.

I really dont think either team won this deal. Skill wise VAN could be the winners depending on if Oullet can get it together and not be a pansy. But its 'the right' move for tampa because it addresses a weakness. I dont think its a strong enough deal 1 way or the other to say that either team ran away with it.

i really think that we traded simek is to give grabner more of an offensive role, and ouellet was just a throw in... but honestly lets say if bernier fizzles or raymond gets injured, then atleast we have somewhat of a scorer and lets face it, ouellet is no chump he did score 30 plus points and put in 10 goals and in vancouver thats a blessing.. so any offense albeit anemic can help us in the long run

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Tampa Bay is going to ask Krajicek to play top four minutes when he cant even crack top 6 in vancouver and i think vancouver's defense is overrated. Simek is hardly a prospect and last time i checked he's not a checker and sure he might play top 6 minutes in the minor league but hes not going to play that in TB since apparently forward is where all the talent is. I agree that O'brien was running around too much but it;s only simply because TBL was asking him to play top 4 minutes where in vancouver he is going to play bottom 2 minutes at best.. maybe its not total ownage but in the long run we have scoring depth and defensive depth at the end of the day. Also i love krajicek and it's hard me to let him go but i really hope he steps and produces atleast 20 points, i doubt it but seriously, theres at times where he would dominate but more often that not he simply wasnt good enough to handle top 4 minutes..

Wow look at his shot :amazed:

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
i agree, thats why i think it was a good deal both ways.

i actually like Shane O'brien a lot, i like his cocky attitude (reminds me of you angelo haha jk) he will be a great fit on a team that doesnt rely on him too much. If he could settle his game down and not take dumb penalties he could really do something in vancouver.

Now i'm not an Oullet fan, my biggest problem is he isn't really great at anything. He CAN put the puck in the net, but even playing on a line with Brad Richards he could barley do that. He needs to be on a line with someone who can fight in the corners and get the puck to him, which is why he was so good with Jeff Halpren after the deadline.

Tampa has a young, in-experienced defense and we all know that, Kraijek should help fill some of the gaps they have. just because teams make trades doesnt mean one wins clearly over the other one

Angelo25

Jun 2, 2007
Look im not starting anything but anytime you get a defenseman that can play 20 mins and can score 20 points and gives you a physical presence thats slotted to play as your 6 or 7th defenseman and an underachieving, not overly physical consistent 30 point scorer over a puck moving defenseman who's overall progession has been stunted by florida and a prospect that you can't play in your minor system whos publicly stated that he wants to go back and play in europe.. you take the deal.. and in my opinion the former takes the cake

Angelo25

Jun 2, 2007
i agree, thats why i think it was a good deal both ways.

i actually like Shane O'brien a lot, i like his cocky attitude (reminds me of you angelo haha jk) he will be a great fit on a team that doesnt rely on him too much. If he could settle his game down and not take dumb penalties he could really do something in vancouver.

Now i'm not an Oullet fan, my biggest problem is he isn't really great at anything. He CAN put the puck in the net, but even playing on a line with Brad Richards he could barley do that. He needs to be on a line with someone who can fight in the corners and get the puck to him, which is why he was so good with Jeff Halpren after the deadline.

Tampa has a young, in-experienced defense and we all know that, Kraijek should help fill some of the gaps they have. just because teams make trades doesnt mean one wins clearly over the other one

no i agree with the last statement.. but i really think if anything this is a better deal for vancouver only simply because of the talent that we now have in the backend.. and as far as tampa bay.. if your looking for someone to help you in the back end.. there are better options.. mainly berard.. im just looking at the team needs and i just feel that vancouver has won this deal obviously im bias but at the same time.. despite what i say. i really do hope krajicek steps up because if anything lukas has world class talent.. sad to see him go.. but i still think that O'brien has big time potential...

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
there is actually rumors that they are going after Berard, i don't know if i really agree with that.

i agree with you that talent wise Vancouver wins the deal. i just think all players involved were in need of a change of scenery and now they got it. so to me its about even.

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
is there a list somewhere of players that have been taken in the entry draft? cuz its my pick but i dont know who is available.. i really dont want to go through the thread.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
is there a list somewhere of players that have been taken in the entry draft? cuz its my pick but i dont know who is available.. i really dont want to go through the thread.

1 Winnipeg Jets - Jared Staal
2 Edmonton Oilers - Anton Gustafsson
3 Chicago Blackhawks - Jake Gardiner
4 Atlanta Thrashers - Vyacheslav Voinov
5 Dallas Stars - Tyler Cuma
6 Toronto Maple Leafs - Colton Teubert
7 Vancouver Canucks - Chet Pickard
8 Montreal Canadiens - John Carlson
9 Buffalo Sabres -
10 Ottawa Senators -

The rest are on the 1st page of the draft thread

Ad