OT - NO POLITICS The TV thread - RIP Miss Jean - Boston's Romper Room teacher

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Been watching "Yellowstone". Had too many people telling me I needed to watch it, so I took the plunge.

Mid way through Season 2. I'll give it 2 and a half stars so far. Some things about it I really love, but some of the story line is borderline ridiculous.

I also find it curious that all of these Montana cowboys have these heavy Texas accents. Parts of my family have raised cattle in the Dakotas for 140 years and none of them talk like that.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Watching a show called Loudermilk, that used to be on a different streaming service but is now on Prime. It stars Ron Livingston and Will Sasso and was created by one of the Farelly brothers. Very funny so far...

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Been watching "Yellowstone". Had too many people telling me I needed to watch it, so I took the plunge.

Mid way through Season 2. I'll give it 2 and a half stars so far. Some things about it I really love, but some of the story line is borderline ridiculous.

I also find it curious that all of these Montana cowboys have these heavy Texas accents. Parts of my family have raised cattle in the Dakotas for 140 years and none of them talk like that.

I agree.

Stopped watching after few episodes, as you said story is borderline ridicolous and it's like everyone overplays their role.

IMDB 8,6...i would compare it to Prison Break in a way, also rated over 8 and is an absolute garbage imo.

Reactions: bup

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
PFMWDU4FPMDJVX5J53HOR6RLVQ.jpg

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Watching a show called Loudermilk, that used to be on a different streaming service but is now on Prime. It stars Ron Livingston and Will Sasso and was created by one of the Farelly brothers. Very funny so far...
so good, wife and I watching a show she picked seeing as Loudermilk was my choice and we burned through all seasons so far. This one is Ginny and Georgia, has some fun moments so far, not gonna give it maximum stars but some good fun, no real stars in it that I know of but pretty solid

Reactions: LSCII

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
Man, Bob's Burgers is awesome. One time I went to a live event. Each main character did like a 15 minute standup and then they did a table read. It was great.
Bob's Burgers rules. I have 21 episodes on my DVR right now. I even have the soundtrack...the song by Cindy Lauper is on my phone playlist....

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Anybody going to watch the new Mighty Ducks series?

I don't know how I will ever see Lauren Graham as any character other than Lorelai Gilmore.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Not sure if anyone is watching Warrior on HBOMax or Cinemax, but it's definitely worth checking out.

It's based on something Bruce Lee wrote back in the day, and his daughter is executive producer. Very cool show with a lot of fight scenes.

BUP

Sep 6, 2017
Livingston is solid - great delivery. I watched an Australian show called Rake, which is another dysfunctional comedic show. Two others shows I recommend are Toast of London and IT Crowd - if you like British Humor

Reactions: LSCII

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Watching the Boston Pride play and even their camera is better than NESNs. They really need to up their camera game.

not sure I am digging the purple ice. Just looks like like they spilled something

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Anyone know the story behind this?
(Or if it’s true)

I read today that in 1979 Brad McCrimmon played 60 out of 62 minutes in a memorial cup game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad