The "True Blue" Season Finale

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
judging from what everyone's saying, it was the usually 'everything is awesome' crap.

They actually think they are progressing!!! Sure, I guess if you think adding Hanifin is progress.

i can understand the rationale making this vid, its just that we aint buying their crap anymore.

UnrefinedCrude

Jun 7, 2011
Phil Jackson mentions 'chop wood, carry water' in his book Eleven Rings. I'd bet that's where Eakins picked it up. The difference being, other than 11 or so champsionships, Jackson lived that sort of philosophical stuff while Eakins probably stroked his ego listening to Phil's audio book on his bike going somewhere (likely nowhere in particular).

11 rings?

wow Phil jackson might even know 3 things about winning!!!!

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
Did Katz go to Amsterdam, buy the best "Brownies" money can buy, bring them back, sit in a room with all of the guys in management, and then a collective light bulb went off to make that?

What was the point of that lol. "Be patient people".

It's almost to the point where I think these guys sit back with their Cognac and say to eachother, "Lets see what else we can do to insult the fans" lol

They just keep getting shocked at how many people still support them and go to the games

It's like a twisted little game these guys play

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I think they're really starting to sweat bullets now because even they see it isn't working and they've run out of ideas. They are so many things wrong with the organization and public relations has always been high on the list.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
Wow, that was truly horrible. But it's typical of the Oilers organization. They truly believe that the fans will believe whatever BS they put out there. So clueless.

It's why they will never hire a high level experienced coach. A Mike Babcock or Ken Hitchcock would see through the BS and call them out for the frauds that they are.

If fans showed up to games non stop like Oiler fans do, I wouldn't blame Katz and Co for thinking that. To be this bad this long and people still go to the games is UNBELIEVABLE

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Pumped me full of so much sap that I had to blow my nose with a pancake...

The suckiest bunch of sucks who ever sucked.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I love that half the highlight reel goals in that video occurred when the team was down by two or more goals at the time...

The only progress made this season is that they got a coach that has the room and can coach at the professional level. But I'm sure they'll piss that away this summer.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Painful to watch. I'm still not sure if they actually believe this message....or if they believe us fans actually believe it?
Like are there people out there who see this and feel that "the next great decade of Oilers hockey" is really around the corner just because they say so?

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
Painful to watch. I'm still not sure if they actually believe this message....or if they believe us fans actually believe it?
Like are there people out there who see this and feel that "the next great decade of Oilers hockey" is really around the corner just because they say so?

The message is directed toward 1st tier fans and Season Ticket Holders. So, the elderly, suffering from dementia, and people with cognitive disability.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
that was awful, disgusting and insulting to all tiers of fans

the fact they're still selling hope and mirroring it with the new arena is beyond embarrassing...mix in some tired 80s garbage that half the fanbase can't relate to, a few highlights of fringe AHLers scoring their 1st goal and what we get is pure propaganda

Stauffer leading the charge was the icing on the cake...all hail Heir Katz!

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
I think they're really starting to sweat bullets now because even they see it isn't working and they've run out of ideas. They are so many things wrong with the organization and public relations has always been high on the list.

I'm starting to think this, too. They are now down too: "it may not look like it, but we actually are progressing... really... trust us"

I think they know they are down to their last year.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I'm starting to think this, too. They are now down too: "it may not look like it, but we actually are progressing... really... trust us"

I think they know they are down to their last year.
As soon as their "do nothing and cross our fingers" strategy failed they were out of ideas. They know it and are just hoping they can keep the charade up for one more year until they're in the new arena. I suspect the season ticket holders will be force fed this propaganda all summer in levels they've never seen before. After that they figure the new arena will sell out all on its own. Selling hope for the future has always worked for them in the past so why wouldn't it keep working forever? It's really amazing how out of touch they are with their fan base.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Wow.. wow.. wow..

Truly pathetic. Katz and management have single handily turned a storied franchise into one of the most embarrassing teams in all of sports.

I didn't think there was a chance management survived this season if we were near the bottom again. Hard to believe it's come to this.

Craig MacAtaracts

Visually...
Mar 11, 2013
Lol f this team. 2014/2015 season isn't even over and they are already pumping their own tires for next season. Blatant slap in the face to the fans.

Biggest change this offseason will be the blue lettering on the ceiling banner at the annual draft party will be changed to a copper lettering. The shiny new toy acquired through the draft will be hyped to no end. Holes in the roster will not be filled. They'll be out of the playoff race by Halloween. The skate sharpener guy will get fired because he wasn't sharpening the skates sharp enough. Team will continue to struggle, this will leave the front office in a befuddled state. Because of their deep state of confusion, they will be unable to find any significant trades. Struggles will continue. Katz will give them the vote of confidence. Struggles will continue. Season will near its end. Things will come full circle and another message to the fans will be released where they show first tier oilers fans what they get to look forward to for next season and that they just need a liiiiittle bit more patience--this message will not be completed without referencing the success of the 80s in someway.

I mean it's almost as if this has happened before :laugh:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Lol f this team. 2014/2015 season isn't even over and they are already pumping their own tires for next season. Blatant slap in the face to the fans.

Biggest change this offseason will be the blue lettering on the ceiling banner at the annual draft party will be changed to a copper lettering. The shiny new toy acquired through the draft will be hyped to no end. Holes in the roster will not be filled. They'll be out of the playoff race by Halloween. The skate sharpener guy will get fired because he wasn't sharpening the skates sharp enough. Team will continue to struggle, this will leave the front office in a befuddled state. Because of their deep state of confusion, they will be unable to find any significant trades. Struggles will continue. Katz will give them the vote of confidence. Struggles will continue. Season will near its end. Things will come full circle and another message to the fans will be released where they show first tier oilers fans what they get to look forward to for next season and that they just need a liiiiittle bit more patience--this message will not be completed without referencing the success of the 80s in someway.

Its Groundhog day redux except that MacT as the lead character isn't even remotely funny.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada

lol. no doubt. your prediction will come to pass verbatim. Well, maybe they'll fire the lady in accounts payable.

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
What the hell did I just watch?

Be patient, greatness is just around the corner. All is well.

Craig's on it.

We are doomed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad