The "True Blue" Season Finale

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
"At first, it may be difficult and confusing to see the progress...the pace, too tedious for some."

"But when you step back and look again, you realize that in time the end result will be truly spectacular."

-Stauffer, narrating

I just lost it. :laugh:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
This is like a TV series that should have ended around 9 seasons ago.

Lets guess what happens in the final episode anyway?

Oh wait, it isn't final, more seasons are happening and only "Oil Change" got pulled.

What a disgusting org this is. I try not to like any characters on this show. Whenever I do they get killed off.

Plus this show has way too many villains for primetime.

just makes my blood boil

Its like troll show.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
What utterly pompous garbage propaganda.

I absolutely loathe how this org prostitutes its history from more than a generation ago. Cut to community involvement, then to weak highlights from an abysmal season. New arena for the crap team to play in. Get excited, folks. Give us your money.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
So I have to view a Boston pizza add before seeing the video? No thanks. People will just have to tell me what it was all about.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
"At first, it may be difficult and confusing to see the progress...the pace, too tedious for some."

"But when you step back and look again, you realize that in time the end result will be truly spectacular."

-Stauffer, narrating

This org just loves to slap knowledgeable fans right across the face, and encourages its lemming fans to do the same. Propaganda. Difficult and confusing my ass. Incompetent.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
What utterly pompous garbage propaganda.

I absolutely loathe how this org prostitutes its history from more than a generation ago. Cut to community involvement, then to weak highlights from an abysmal season. New arena for the crap team to play in. Get excited, folks. Give us your money.

Strangely enough this is what I called out before the season started when the club lined up all its old guys, gave them mics and made a paid spectacle out of it by waxing on about old times. With a sold out crowd spending serious hard earned to hear it.
This being within one year of Eakins ripping glory years pictures off the wall and the org stating its time to start making new memories. Few people called out the inconsistency in that.

It was lol juxtaposition from one year to the next and a team not ever worth taking seriously even at its own words.

Its what ever dim thought happens along in the moment for these clowns.

I guess they got tired of trying to find winning identity. Just trot out the old war newsreels instead. :laugh:

The next season may as well be a repeat of 84. At least I'll like the ending..

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
The org takes its message straight from North Korea. We are all happy! Our leaders are glorious! No dissent is allowed!

Jun 9, 2011
Loved it! Sorry. I have spewed a lot of negativity (and will probably continue in some threads) and I really want to look for positives.

Positive - we are using our own farm guys and they are doing well.

Positive - we will have a brand new arena for other teams to visit and give the downtown area a boost.

Positive - Nelson is a coach that gets the best out of our players.

Positive - Broissoit

Positive - Resurgence of Yakupov

Positive - Eberle set free to play his game again

Positive - Hall looks like his injury has healed.

Actually, there is quite a list of positives. This doesn't erase our issues with management etc, but I choose to enjoy that video.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
LOL at the song chorus going "no way" as minister or propaganda spins this latest prophesy.

"no way, no way, no way"

You can't make this stuff up..

lmfao

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I'm lying to myself, finding false hope in the fact that they showed highlights from everyone who is part of the future core, and Schultz didn't have one in there.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I liked the closing line:

"The future is coming...you can already see it. Take notice, because it will never be the same."

It reminded me of an old offseason slogan used by the Hartford Whalers that always stuck with me: "Be there when it happens!"

A year or two later, they packed up and moved to Carolina. :D

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I actually liked it. Wasn't too pompous. Didn't promise anything. Not bad.

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site
To the Oilers propaganda machine I give you all a collective...
84543024.gif

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

-Stauffer, narrating

Well I get what they're saying, mainly because that was really the only thing they could say. :laugh: Which goes to show you how bad the team is.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Propaganda is coming to justify this:

"We have announced that Todd Nelson has been relieved of his job and we have rehired Dallas Eakins. I believe that Nelson has, has set the groundwork for someone like Dallas to come in and take them to the next level. I stood by him when he came into the organization, and I stand by my decision now.

In many ways, this is the decision I will be judged by, again. And I don't think a coach, a coach of his calibre is going to fail again. In many ways, I still see myself in him..."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad