The "True Blue" Season Finale

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Oh my...what an absolute load of crap. Nothing more than an emotionally loaded plea to disregard reality and engage in a fantasy.

No accountability...no meaningful changes....just remember the glorious past and allow that to distract you from the harsh reality of present day failure. Use the emotional memories of the past to propel distraught fans past the reality of the present situation into Katz's ill conceived OBC fantasy which happens to include a fancy new building.

Totally devoid of substance....classic propaganda.

In a word...embarrassing. :shakehead

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Holy crap, that was full of propaganda. I cringed at it. Guess they needed to retort to this, when oil change became a joke.

McJeety McJeet

Nov 5, 2011
Edmonton
barf

hopefully the chop water carry wood slogan is taken down next year

Phil Jackson mentions 'chop wood, carry water' in his book Eleven Rings. I'd bet that's where Eakins picked it up. The difference being, other than 11 or so champsionships, Jackson lived that sort of philosophical stuff while Eakins probably stroked his ego listening to Phil's audio book on his bike going somewhere (likely nowhere in particular).

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Phil Jackson mentions 'chop wood, carry water' in his book Eleven Rings. I'd bet that's where Eakins picked it up. The difference being, other than 11 or so champsionships, Jackson lived that sort of philosophical stuff while Eakins probably stroked his ego listening to Phil's audio book on his bike going somewhere (likely nowhere in particular).

Dallas Eakins could probably win a NBA title with Michael Jordan/Scottie Pippen or Shaq/Kobe. I like Phil but he's not some magical genius.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Can't believe this organization is still trying to sell this as some sort of progression lol.

I'd have more faith in these idiots if they said flat out that this rebuild has been an unmitigated disaster and they are going to completely change the way they have been doing things.

But nope. All is well in Oil country. It's all part of the progress. Just wait until the new arena comes and that'll make the team good.

How great would it be if the home opener in the new arena wasn't a sell out.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Speaking of which I'm guessing the last "game" at Rexall will be an Old Timers game where they invite Gretzky/Mess/Kurri/etc. back to play?

It shouldn't be this current mess of a roster that gets to send Northlands out.

McJeety McJeet

Nov 5, 2011
Edmonton
Dallas Eakins could probably win a NBA title with Michael Jordan/Scottie Pippen or Shaq/Kobe. I like Phil but he's not some magical genius.

I didn't say he was a magical genius and yes he had some of the greatest players. He's still one of the greatest coaches in professional sports and that shouldn't be downplayed. 11 rings in a 20 year span is incredible by any measurement. The point I was trying to make though was Jackson try's to achieve a deep understanding on what things like 'chop wood, carry water' mean to him and then uses it to influence others while Eakins is just saying it so he can sound smart.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Can't believe this organization is still trying to sell this as some sort of progression lol.

I'd have more faith in these idiots if they said flat out that this rebuild has been an unmitigated disaster and they are going to completely change the way they have been doing things.

But nope. All is well in Oil country. It's all part of the progress. Just wait until the new arena comes and that'll make the team good.

How great would it be if the home opener in the new arena wasn't a sell out.

At least EDM will have the best arena in the league (at least that's what they're billing it to be). That's something. :laugh:

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Just wow

That was pathetic.

I like how they were going for all those analogies to compare it to building an arena, and completely fail to mention that the architect and site manager can be considered arguably the most important aspect of any build site. Of course, in their worldview up in their ivory tower where they have their Stanley Cup winning games on repeat 24/7, they're doing wonderful jobs at running the team; we're just too stupid and impatient to see it.

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
That was sickening and pathetic, and I think speaks volumes to what this organization thinks of its fans. I only watched a minute, and it was so cringeworthy I couldn't stand it.

Wow.

Edit: I like that the title starts with in depth, as if that video is anything in the galaxy to in depth.

Last edited:

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
I'm lying to myself, finding false hope in the fact that they showed highlights from everyone who is part of the future core, and Schultz didn't have one in there.

Actually, I wouldn't doubt if that's the case. Showed Hall, Draisaitl, Yakupov, Eberle, Klinkhammer (lol), Klefbom, Lander, Marincin, Davidson, Miller, but not one Schultz clip. They've shown to be ridiculously transparent at times (MacT, through Stauffer, etc.), so please let this be a sign they're souring on him.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
This is my translation of this...:

* Preface: "the dirt removed"- hello EIG..It's me...Darryl :)

"Ground levelled" - Yeah we started a rebuild...what about it?
It's only taken us 6 years so far...have patience :p:

Q: So when will this rebuild be complete?
A: "In time. The end result will be spectacular :thumbu:"

Katz: Hmmmm. I'm "always finding the right personnel" to run this club. I must be doing something right. Let's call KLowe and confirm this. :yo:

Fan: What the **** are you guys doing to this Organization. This club used to be revered in the 80's.

Oilers org...in unison: "Take notice because it will never be the same. :D"

McDavidMcCup

Jul 9, 2007
Classic that Stauffer was the one they used for that propaganda nightmare.

Yet further evidence of his loss of credibility; how far he has fallen from his time at "another station at another time".

The worst shot of all was the "chop wood and carry water" that Eakins has left as his legacy in the dressing room. It is like the bad odour left over after emptying the trash. The garbage has gone but the smell remains.

Ugh.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
So I have to view a Boston pizza add before seeing the video? No thanks. People will just have to tell me what it was all about.
The BP ad was probably the best part of the vid.
Feel sorry for people who wasted five minutes of their lives watching that.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
I stopped taking Joseph Goebbels -- oops, I mean Bob Stauffer seriously a long time ago.

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
People will just have to tell me what it was all about.

jump-the-shark-o.gif

Last edited:

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
"At first, it may be difficult and confusing to see the progress...the pace, too tedious for some."

"But when you step back and look again, you realize that in time the end result will be truly spectacular."

-Stauffer, narrating

I just lost it. :laugh:

This is soooo funny.

It reminds me of 1984. Love is hate. Winning is losing. 5 years is 10 years. LOL.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Wow, that was truly horrible. But it's typical of the Oilers organization. They truly believe that the fans will believe whatever BS they put out there. So clueless.

It's why they will never hire a high level experienced coach. A Mike Babcock or Ken Hitchcock would see through the BS and call them out for the frauds that they are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad