The travesty that is Justin Schultz on the PP

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Glad to see this thread bumped.

Justin Schultz has not improved in any shape or form since coming to the NHL.

His offence has regressed because other teams have learned how to play against him.

Whenever he's on the ice I'm constantly worried that we're about to be scored on. It doesn't matter if he, hall or the opposition have the puck. I'm so worried for our team whenever I hear his name or see his #.

He's worse than MA Bergeron.
He's worse than L Omark.
He's worse than R Scremp.
Heck, he's worse at putting up points than Kelly B was at fighting.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Pre season was the biggest tease too. He looked like a completely different player for a few games. My roommate at the time was surprised I had been ragging on him because he looked good. He like Joensuu before him got the back injury that ruined what was left of his preseason spine. Now he seems as afraid of the puck as he is of getting hit.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Pre season was the biggest tease too. He looked like a completely different player for a few games. My roommate at the time was surprised I had been ragging on him because he looked good. He like Joensuu before him got the back injury that ruined what was left of his preseason spine. Now he seems as afraid of the puck as he is of getting hit.

Yeah i guess a **** leopard can't change his spots.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Maybe because Barrie can get his writer through traffic....while Schultz is afraid to shoot....and there is never any traffic in front from the Oilers PP units ....

Oddly enough this was one of Schultz's greatest selling points. He had a knack for getting his wrister through traffic, especially on the PP. it's one of those skills that jas translated whatsoever to the NHL game.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I dream of a world where we kept Petry and gave up on Schultz. Sadly if this were the case we may not have McDavid.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I dream of a world where we kept Petry and gave up on Schultz. Sadly if this were the case we may not have McDavid.

yeah i suppose that is something to keep in mind whenever we complain about years past

it doesn't excuse the continual unwarranted opportunities that he has received THIS year however.... that is on the current coaching staff

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
I'm curious what Schultz's stats are since the infamous "Norris potential" quote by MacT. Not sure when he said it but man did that ever backfire

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
he's wearing like a western plaid shirt and a maitre'd blazer. That's practically textbook clowning.

yep pretty well it., we've seen this conference before and I have no intentions of seeing another second of it, the pic is worth a million words

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
I'm curious what Schultz's stats are since the infamous "Norris potential" quote by MacT. Not sure when he said it but man did that ever backfire

no doubt. the odds of him playing in the NHL after his 30th birthday are lower then then the odds of him playing in Europe by his 28th.

Let's put the over/under at 29. Schultz gone to Europe at 29, or still in the NHL after 29.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Reading the Habs fans debate if Petry is a number two or three in context of Norris Schultz makes me so mad. Why the **** is MacT still employed by the team?

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
so how about that schultz character? lol

primarily responsible for 3 of the flames goals by my count.... could this finally, finally, FINALLY, be the last straw with management for this clown?

can somebody, anybody, rationally explain to me how he sees the ice even one more time in an oilers jersey?

oilersfan87

Jan 18, 2009
I don't understand how this guy hasn't been waived yet. I'd rather have Brad Hunt in the lineup. That is how bad Schultz has been this season.

Black Gold Extractor

May 4, 2010
We could always start poaching the pool of unsigned or retired players to replace Schultz. Niinimaa, Poti, Semenov, Brewer... it couldn't possibly be worse.

(Note: I'm not serious, but I am getting kind of desperate.)

actionjackson

Jun 22, 2010
so how about that schultz character? lol

primarily responsible for 3 of the flames goals by my count.... could this finally, finally, FINALLY, be the last straw with management for this clown?

can somebody, anybody, rationally explain to me how he sees the ice even one more time in an oilers jersey?

I highly doubt he pulled his last straw...huge blunder to end the second period...starts the third...takes another penalty that leads to a goal...put him out again, must be well rested...he is the hottest of all the garbage on this team...and that's saying something!!!

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Honestly at this point the team would be better off waiving Schultz, and then using a 4th to find a stopgap until the off-season when more options are available

Boyle, Zidlicky, Frason, Gilbert, Wisniewski, Rundblad... I‘d rather any of these guys playing compared to Justin...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad