The Transformers thread (shows, comics, toys, all things TF)

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Semi-limited number of Fortress Maximuses going for $75 from Hasbro's ebay site: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformer...ess-Maximus-/322232766754?hash=item4b0691d122

I bought one at Toys R Us a few months back for $149. Then Amazon had it for $105 (currently $99), so I bought another and returned the first one. Now I'm debating returning the one I got from Amazon.

Although the box I got from Amazon was pristine while the TRU box had a couple dented corners. For hypothetical re-sale/collecting purposes, I might keep the Amazon one.

Thanks for the heads up!

I just bought one!

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Hah, just checked now too. I guess that solves my dilemma.

I've been eyeing the new Soundwave, but I don't like how Rumble/Laserbeak/Ravage are 'tablets' instead of cassettes. I spotted a few G1 cassettes on eBay and I might splurge on those. Little annoyed at Target's website, I've been mislead by them saying that Soundwave's available at a couple locations but nothing's on the shelf.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Transformers: The Last Knight Teaser Trailer

what the hell did I just watch? That looked awful.

I would've walked out of Age of Extinction if I wasn't there with other people. I'm just plain not going to this one. I don't care if family and/or friends want to drag me there. I'll sit in the lobby with my tablet and watch episodes of Prime or G1 and get a couple hours of actually fun Transformers instead. :laugh:

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
what the hell did I just watch? That looked awful.

I would've walked out of Age of Extinction if I wasn't there with other people. I'm just plain not going to this one. I don't care if family and/or friends want to drag me there. I'll sit in the lobby with my tablet and watch episodes of Prime or G1 and get a couple hours of actually fun Transformers instead. :laugh:
What in particular looked awful?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
What in particular looked awful?

Knight Optimus with a sword for some reason, Bumblebee vs Optimus for some reason, that thing that might be Unicron, moped transformer, and a general tone and setup that just makes me think it's more of the same as the first 4 movies, which have been basically giving out diminishing returns in terms of actual transformers-y enjoyment in favor of complete nonsense (even if it continues to make boatloads of money)

I just don't see anything in this movie to make me think "hey, maybe this time it'll be different." after basically doing the same thing with the last two movies. It's another movie that seems like it's not made with much of any consideration for Transformers fans beyond "hey look, all these characters have classic names and we've got Peter Cullen."

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Knight Optimus with a sword for some reason, Bumblebee vs Optimus for some reason, that thing that might be Unicron, moped transformer, and a general tone and setup that just makes me think it's more of the same as the first 4 movies, which have been basically giving out diminishing returns in terms of actual transformers-y enjoyment in favor of complete nonsense (even if it continues to make boatloads of money)

I just don't see anything in this movie to make me think "hey, maybe this time it'll be different." after basically doing the same thing with the last two movies. It's another movie that seems like it's not made with much of any consideration for Transformers fans beyond "hey look, all these characters have classic names and we've got Peter Cullen."

You summed up my feelings as well.

There's a character named Onslaught, but, I know there is no chance we'll see the Combaticons let alone Bruticus.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

There's a character named Onslaught, but, I know there is no chance we'll see the Combaticons let alone Bruticus.

The one character that actually did seem true to his namesake is the character that didn't make it out of the 1st movie alive: Jazz.

Bumblebee is sorta like the usual evolution of Bumblebee, but without the ability to talk he loses some of his personality and ability to carry any scenes since you can't do much in the way of seriousness with stitched together audio files.

otherwise, the Decepticons are mostly blank slates or generic eeeeevil. Starscream barely got to be his traitorous, backstabbing, Starscreamy best. And the autobots get sorta jokey non-personalities or are made of cardboard. Except for bloodthirsty Optimus, which is so, so, sooooo very wrong that it's almost insulting.

I guess Cullen doesn't care since it's getting him paid, but after hearing interviews where he talks about going to cons and having stories from fans who talk about what Optimus meant to them as kids or helped them get through tough times or figure out their lives or be a sort of surrogate parental figure or whatever, and now he voices a version that's defining moments after the 1st movie are shouting "give me your face" as he kills a con in the 2nd movie, and who goes on a near murderous rampage in the 4th, shouting "I'll kill them, I'll kill all of them!" about humans because of Ratchet's death (yes, spoilers, I know. I don't care. if I save you from seeing Age of Extinction because of this, I'm happy). It's just so contrary to the spirit of the character in basically every other continuity in TF history.

In the other thread I've seen people defend the movies by saying that complainers are just rabit G1 fanboys who want the Bayformers to be just like G1. But that's not the case. I love G1, the Marvel comics, Beast Wars, Prime, the IDW comics, and all the different continuities (except some of the screwier Japanese ones that are, like, extra Japanese). There are threads between them in terms of how the characters act that usually hold true. Except in the movies which disregard them as they see fit.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Can't. Brawl's dead :P

Of course, Brawl wasn't even named Brawl in the movie. They named him Devastator, and then ignored that in order to have Testicle-stator in the 2nd movie.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Can't. Brawl's dead :P

Of course, Brawl wasn't even named Brawl in the movie. They named him Devastator, and then ignored that in order to have Testicle-stator in the 2nd movie.

Sadly, you are correct.

You'd think they would try to have some semblance of continuity.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Sadly, you are correct.

You'd think they would try to have some semblance of continuity.

I'm sure they had continuity to start with. Then Michael Bay blew it up.
fav504.jpg

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
I never read the comics before but am reading a few of late because of the current crossover event Revolution and I read Rom which is part of the event.

I am just starting reading it and am a little confused. I thought Optimus Prime was a good guy. Is that the case. I am a little confused it seems like he might be a villain here. Anyone who reads the current transformer comic know the answer, thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00