GDT: The Training Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Sorry if I’m misinterpreting this, but is Frederic splitting time with McKinnon for the LW on a training camp line? Why? They don’t have room for the kid to have a full-time spot?
It is training camp. They mix and match potential lines all the time. He's also not guaranteed a spot. He's gotta earn it just like everyone else.

It's day 1. There's no need to get upset.

Reactions: hrdpuk

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
So looks like the 1st (Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta) and the 4th (Frederic-Nosek-Lazar) + injured Coyle for the forwards.

D I think having Forbort and Gryz in the same group as Mac shows they're gonna try both and see who they're feeling more. "Loser" plays bottom pair with Clifton. Reilly and Carlo in group B together tells me that's our second pair.

I speculate that what they want most of all is to know is whether they can move between Forbort and Grizzy with McAvoy depending on the situation. Grizz they know about, Forbort is the question as to whether he gels with Mac in any way.

Last edited:

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Every time I see the number 23 I think of Craig Janney...hoping Stud could be 70% of that!
Honest to god, I may be a screaming fanboy. I still think Janney would be a disappointment. The offensive numbers for sure. But I expect a two way player that is harder to play against for 200 feet. I doubt he will ever approach Janney's ability to make the perfect pass in the O-Zone but I want more.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Definitely avatar material.

upload_2021-9-23_15-23-17.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad