GDT: The Training Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Not a lot of talk about Noah Dorsey. Thought he looked quite poised and shifty in Buffalo for a 6’3” defender at age 18. Keep an eye on him!

He’s interesting due to age/size and did enough to warrant a camp invite. They are down 3 defenseman though. Camp body only? Looking forward to it all unfolding.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I wouldn't be so dismissive of Moore. Considering how many dmen suit up over the course of a season for the Bruins, he could be a valuable bottom pairing depth presence that can play spot minutes when the injuries start to roll in or poor play creeps into player's games. Basically, the new Steve Kampfer.

The difference for me between Moore and Kampfer is that Kampfer was an ideal 7th D because he could come in to any game and usually perform well even if he hadn't seen any ice time for weeks, whereas Moore is probably more talented but he tends to need a little longer to settle in and get up to speed wherever he plays. So he's a bit less suited to that in/out role.

He's still a handy depth player though and I do think he can do a good job for the Bs this year as long as he can stay fit. Getting some consistent game time would likely help a lot.

Reactions: sarge88 and BMC

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Not a lot of talk about Noah Dorsey. Thought he looked quite poised and shifty in Buffalo for a 6’3” defender at age 18. Keep an eye on him!

I looked up Noah Dorey on hockeydb and it has him as a small defenseman in Canada with minimal junior experience

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I looked up Noah Dorey on hockeydb and it has him as a small defenseman in Canada with minimal junior experience

Looks like the Noah Dorey coming to training camp (last played for Kelowna) is 6'3" and 186 pounds at age 18: Noah Dorey at eliteprospects.com

From the Elite Prospects 2021 Draft Guide: Picture this - a defenceman who manipulates forecheckers with feints and look offs, brings the puck to the inside on retrievals, even under heavy pressure, dekes and weaves through traffic to improve his shooting location, plenty of rush activation, and physicality. When Dorey’s locked in, his skating posture, frequent crossovers, and separating turns and cuts make him a transition weapon.

Last edited:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I would stay away from any player with talent... you know what happens ounce you start cheering for them. The talent killer from Niagara. :laugh:

Hey I did cheer and recognize Marchand when I first watched the infamous Karsums live in Moncton. Although I was residing in New Glasgow Nova Scotia at the time.

But I did scare off Zino, Koko, and now Cehlarik.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spooner st

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Thank you HustleB...

Bruins Announce Roster And Schedule For 2021 Boston Bruins Training Camp
The Bruins announced today, September 21, the team's roster and schedule for 2021 Boston Bruins Training Camp presented by Plymouth Rock Assurance (plymouthrock.com) at Warrior Ice Arena (80 Guest St., Brighton, MA).
Please note that the roster and schedule are subject to change.
BOSTON BRUINS 2021 TRAINING CAMP ROSTER
Forwards: Samuel Asselin, Patrice Bergeron, Anton Blidh, Charlie Coyle, Jake DeBrusk, Matt Filipe, Nick Foligno, Steven Fogarty, Trent Frederic, Jesper Froden, Curtis Hall, Taylor Hall, Brett Harrison, Erik Haula, Cam Hughes, Joona Koppanen, Karson Kuhlman, Jakub Lauko, Curtis Lazar, Fabian Lysell, Brad Marchand, Ian McKinnon, Tomas Nosek, David Pastrnak, Zach Senyshyn, Craig Smith, Oskar Steen, Jack Studnicka, Eduards Tralmaks, Alex-Olivier Voyer, Chris Wagner
Defensemen: Jack Ahcan, Victor Berglund*, Brandon Carlo, Connor Clifton, Josiah Didier*, Noah Dorey, Jack Dougherty, Derek Forbort, J.D. Greenway*, Matt Grzelcyk, Tyler Lewington, Brady Lyle, Ryan Mast, Charlie McAvoy, John Moore, Aaron Ness, Andrew Peski, Mike Reilly, Urho Vaakanainen, Nick Wolff, Jakub Zboril
Goaltenders: Callum Booth, Jeremy Brodeur, Troy Grosenick, Kyle Keyser, Jeremy Swayman, Linus Ullmark
*Injured player

BOSTON BRUINS 2021 TRAINING CAMP SCHEDULE
Wednesday, September 22 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)

-Training Camp opens
-Head Coach Bruce Cassidy and select players available to media via Zoom
Thursday, September 23 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
-Group A practice, 10 a.m.
-Group B practice, 12 p.m.
-Head Coach Bruce Cassidy and select players available to media in-person following practice
Friday, September 24 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
-Head Coach Bruce Cassidy and select players available to media in-person following practice
Saturday, September 25 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
Sunday, September 26 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA/Capital One Arena, Washington D.C.)
-Non-game Group practice, 10 a.m. (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
-Travel to Washington D.C.
-Preseason Game at Washington Capitals, 5 p.m. (Capital One Arena, Washington D.C.)
-Head Coach Bruce Cassidy and select players available to media after the game via Zoom
-Travel to Boston, MA
Monday, September 27 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
Tuesday, September 28 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA/Madison Square Garden, New York, NY)
-Game Group practice, 11:30 a.m.
-Travel to New York, NY
-Preseason Game at New York Rangers, 7 p.m. (Madison Square Garden, New York, NY)
-Head Coach Bruce Cassidy and select players available to media after the game via Zoom
-Travel to Boston, MA

Wednesday, September 29 (Boston, MA)
-TBD
*Remaining training camp schedule TBA

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
If anyone goes to camp this year, I hope you have a great time. I'll likely be missing it this year so I am looking forward to reports from those that do go.

Reactions: bbfan419

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Thank you HustleB...

Bruins Announce Roster And Schedule For 2021 Boston Bruins Training Camp
The Bruins announced today, September 21, the team's roster and schedule for 2021 Boston Bruins Training Camp presented by Plymouth Rock Assurance (plymouthrock.com) at Warrior Ice Arena (80 Guest St., Brighton, MA).
Please note that the roster and schedule are subject to change.
BOSTON BRUINS 2021 TRAINING CAMP ROSTER
Forwards: Samuel Asselin, Patrice Bergeron, Anton Blidh, Charlie Coyle, Jake DeBrusk, Matt Filipe, Nick Foligno, Steven Fogarty, Trent Frederic, Jesper Froden, Curtis Hall, Taylor Hall, Brett Harrison, Erik Haula, Cam Hughes, Joona Koppanen, Karson Kuhlman, Jakub Lauko, Curtis Lazar, Fabian Lysell, Brad Marchand, Ian McKinnon, Tomas Nosek, David Pastrnak, Zach Senyshyn, Craig Smith, Oskar Steen, Jack Studnicka, Eduards Tralmaks, Alex-Olivier Voyer, Chris Wagner
Defensemen: Jack Ahcan, Victor Berglund*, Brandon Carlo, Connor Clifton, Josiah Didier*, Noah Dorey, Jack Dougherty, Derek Forbort, J.D. Greenway*, Matt Grzelcyk, Tyler Lewington, Brady Lyle, Ryan Mast, Charlie McAvoy, John Moore, Aaron Ness, Andrew Peski, Mike Reilly, Urho Vaakanainen, Nick Wolff, Jakub Zboril
Goaltenders: Callum Booth, Jeremy Brodeur, Troy Grosenick, Kyle Keyser, Jeremy Swayman, Linus Ullmark
*Injured player

BOSTON BRUINS 2021 TRAINING CAMP SCHEDULE
Wednesday, September 22 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)

-Training Camp opens
-Head Coach Bruce Cassidy and select players available to media via Zoom
Thursday, September 23 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
Friday, September 24 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
Saturday, September 25 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
Sunday, September 26 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA/Capital One Arena, Washington D.C.)
-Travel to Washington D.C.
-Preseason Game at Washington Capitals, 5 p.m. (Capital One Arena, Washington D.C.)
-Travel to Boston, MA
Monday, September 27 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
Tuesday, September 28 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA/Madison Square Garden, New York, NY)
-Game Group practice, 11:30 a.m.
-Travel to New York, NY
-Preseason Game at New York Rangers, 7 p.m. (Madison Square Garden, New York, NY)
-Travel to Boston, MA

Wednesday, September 29 (Boston, MA)
-TBD
*Remaining training camp schedule TBA

Are all the practices open to the public? What's the protocol for going - I've never been, but I may want to try to bring my Squirt and Mite to check it out.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
NESN & 98.5 will broadcast the following pre-season games :vhappy:

Tuesday, Sept. 28 at Rangers, 7 p.m., 98.5 The Sports Hub
Thursday, Sept. 30 vs. Philadelphia Flyers, 7:30 p.m., TNT, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Saturday, Oct. 2 vs. Rangers, 7 p.m., NESN+, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Monday, Oct. 4 at Philadelphia Flyers, 7 p.m., NESN
Wednesday, Oct. 6 vs. Washington Capitals, 7 p.m. NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub

4 out of 5 on TV and on NESN except for 1 is awesome. Also having all on the radio is much appreciated.

Reactions: BMC

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Are all the practices open to the public? What's the protocol for going - I've never been, but I may want to try to bring my Squirt and Mite to check it out.
Yes they are open
Masks are required
I like to park in the garage below the rink, get your ticket validated at the concession stand but if you end up staying more than a few hour's they'll charge you $5
It's a good take,your kids will love it

Reactions: Alicat

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Looks like the Noah Dorey coming to training camp (last played for Kelowna) is 6'3" and 186 pounds at age 18: Noah Dorey at eliteprospects.com

From the Elite Prospects 2021 Draft Guide: Picture this - a defenceman who manipulates forecheckers with feints and look offs, brings the puck to the inside on retrievals, even under heavy pressure, dekes and weaves through traffic to improve his shooting location, plenty of rush activation, and physicality. When Dorey’s locked in, his skating posture, frequent crossovers, and separating turns and cuts make him a transition weapon.

interesting, because the hockeydb page has him at 5’11. Definitely could’ve hit a growth spurt though, he is still a kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00