Proposal: The Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
If a guy like Zuc is available for a fair price, you go for him regardless of his size.

I don't think it's a matter of size. It's a matter of what the guy did up until now. Guy will be 29 next season and has only one 20+ goal season. I don't care about the assists he got since he's a winger. I care about "can he score goals?". And up until now he's done it one season only.

Would i want him for the price of a 15-20 goals guy (i.e. Lars Eller)? Yes. Would i want him for the price of a 25 goals/60 points guy (what the Rangers will ask)? Not a chance in hell. He has one hit wonder written all over his face.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Is it that crazy to think Stamkos would want to sign here? He's close enough to Toronto and he would have the opportunity to "Price" his way to the cup until Carey leaves town. We have the opening for a legit #1c, and playing with fellow Canadians Subban and Price might be important to him. Montreal isn't that far from Toronto either. We'd def be Canada's team again with a top-5 Canadian player at every position but wing. I just can't see him wanting to sign in Toronto now that they have Matthews, Nylander, Kadri and ~Marner (should be a winger) all projecting as top-6 centers.

Damn, I felt like S Bah writing that.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Is it that crazy to think Stamkos would want to sign here? He's close enough to Toronto and he would have the opportunity to "Price" his way to the cup until Carey leaves town. We have the opening for a legit #1c, and playing with fellow Canadians Subban and Price might be important to him. Montreal isn't that far from Toronto either. We'd def be Canada's team again with a top-5 Canadian player at every position but wing. I just can't see him wanting to sign in Toronto now that they have Matthews, Nylander, Kadri and ~Marner (should be a winger) all projecting as top-6 centers.

Damn, I felt like S Bah writing that.

You answered your own question.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
He has put up 58 at 22 years old in nhl and then went to Russia to be the best KHL player since. He is the best player outside nhl

Plenty of players light up other leagues. He never hit 60 points and his request for $7.5M is laughable for a guy who's never proven he's worth that money. Being the best player not in the NHL doesn't mean he'll be one of the best players in the NHL and paid as such.

He should go with a mid level 1 year "show me" contract and take it from there. Otherwise that's way too much risk to take on at s time where the cap may only rose marginally.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
The price would be pretty steep. Far too much for me to be interested. Id rather over pay a UFA than give up the assets required for such a deal....

The price on Zucc would be steep? He's a 30 years old smurf, don't exaggerate. I'm pretty sure he can be short-change :laugh:

That said I agree, I'd rather sign a UFA without giving any assets.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal

Ehhhh... you mean center, right? Because if Stamkos comes here, you know Therrien will put him at wing on Desharnais' line. And yes, it will be Desharnais's line and not Stamkos'.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Nikita Kucherov;
-22 yrs old, 5'11", 178lbs
-$711,667 last season
-RFA this offseason
-Once Tampa/Stamkos issue is decided, Bolts will address their RFA's. Would be a good target for an Offer Sheet

While any of the top 4 would be amazing to get, realistically it's the bottom 5 that are targetable.

I think Kucherov is probably the most valuable asset on your list. But then again I put a huge plus value on playoffs production.

Still, an offer sheet would be amazing because it would screw TB over while giving us a shot at a good player. TB is in a real tough spot with all of their free agents.

We could also leverage a Drouin trade against a promise not to offer sheet Kucherov ? Surely, there is some play to be made here to improve our team, or worse case make the bolts worse.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I think Kucherov is probably the most valuable asset on your list. But then again I put a huge plus value on playoffs production.

Still, an offer sheet would be amazing because it would screw TB over while giving us a shot at a good player. TB is in a real tough spot with all of their free agents.

We could also leverage a Drouin trade against a promise not to offer sheet Kucherov ? Surely, there is some play to be made here to improve our team, or worse case make the bolts worse.

I thought offer sheeting, while allowed, was some unwritten "no do" among GMs? Hell, not like I am out to make friends here and possible screw up their cap situation, but we do this, I'm certain TB would come right back at us and offer sheet Galchenyuk next year,

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Had a dream last night that we traded Subban to Dallas for Seguin. I felt relieved when I woke up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad