Proposal: The Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
You want to pay to move down?Sorry, that's insane.

When it comes to getting Mike Hoffman who's a pure goal scorer, I'd be willing to add a little something. 9 to 12 isn't a bad drop.

We'd grab one of Brown, Keller, Jost at 12 and get a young pure sniper. Of course have to resign him but you kill two birds with one stone.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
9th overall +? To Ottawa for 12th overall + Mike Hoffman's RFA rights

I'd make this trade 10/10. Although we'd have to sign Hoffman, like in the $5m + range, we'd be getting a 30-30 winger in his prime, whilst still not losing out on a 1st round pick.

With the 12th, Jost will likely be gone, but grabbing Keller will be a more than sufficient consolation. I have them both ranked pretty evenly, although Jost seems to be ranked slightly higher on these boards due to his defensive ability.

This would allow us to roll with something like this in a few years:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Hoffman - Keller - XXXXX

The XXXXX could be filled by Andrighetto/Lehkonen/Reway/Hudon. If 1/4 ends up as a top-6 winger, then consider it a big success.

This would also give us great centre depth, rolling with Galchenyuk-Keller-McCarron down the middle.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
It's so crazy that we can't squire a talented player because our coach will not play him. I know this should be in the Therrien thread but it's part in parcel with our ability to make trades or sign players.

Think of all the "trouble" players that go to a team and light it up. Kane is a "trouble" player off ice. Just about the entire LA kings team, Drouin etc etc etc. Sad that we don't have a coach that our moves are limited to so called karackter players because skill is not used on this team.

Trade all you like but until we get a coach who can actually integrate and coach skilled players it's a futile endeavour.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
It's so crazy that we can't squire a talented player because our coach will not play him. I know this should be in the Therrien thread but it's part in parcel with our ability to make trades or sign players.

Think of all the "trouble" players that go to a team and light it up. Kane is a "trouble" player off ice. Just about the entire LA kings team, Drouin etc etc etc. Sad that we don't have a coach that our moves are limited to so called karackter players because skill is not used on this team.

Trade all you like but until we get a coach who can actually integrate and coach skilled players it's a futile endeavour.

I think people this whole concept that we can't acquire talented players because of Therrien is way overblown. Therrien is not a genius but he's not the plague people are making him out to be. The sample fans have when it comes to Therrien and his hatred for 'talented' players is filled with players with performance concerns (PAP, Semin & Vanek), fringe talents (Sekac) or washed up guys (Briere/Semin). Ryder didn't suffer here. Vanek was treated well for the final stretch of the season and first six games of the playoffs. I don't agree with how Therrien treated him afterwards but let's not pretend Vanek is an angel either. He's had his fair share of incidents with coaches and his lack of character.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
why? they have 14M in space, and are likely to buy out Ferrence

Because a) Emelin is a fringe top four defenseman which makes the thought of them moving down five spots to acquire a slightly overpaid #4/5 defenseman a silly idea. b) They might have cap space but more cap flexibility, the better. Fayne has two more years after this one. They will need to re-new McDavid's & Draisatl's contracts. That cap space will prove to be extremely useful for them.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Lol Hoffman with Therrien. :laugh:

Hoffman looks like a Ryder to me. I don't watch the sens a lot but often when i watch them and they are playing badly he is the first guy the coach sends a message to.

Last year after scoring 27 in the regular season he was playing a depth role in playoffs against us. He played only 13:01 on average against us in playoffs less than Curtis "perfect grinder" Lazar and Condra. He finished the series at -3. Back then i thought it was really strange to see a 27 goals scorer playing so few minutes and it reminded me Ryder a lot.

In the regular season his ice time varies a lot. He can play 13 minutes one game and then 20 minutes the game after.

He's skilled but i would pay the farm for him. If he's asking too much for the sens i would be very cautions about getting him via a trade. I would definitely not give the 9 overall for him unless he wants to sign for cheap which is unlikely to happen.

Last edited:

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Hoffman looks like a Ryder to me. I don't watch the sens a lot but often when i watch them and they are playing badly he is the first guy the coach sends a message to.

Last year after scoring 27 in the regular season he was playing a depth role in playoffs against us. He played only 13:01 on average against us in playoffs less than Curtis "perfect grinder" Lazar. Back then i thought it was really strange to see a 27 goals scorer playing so few minutes and it reminded me Ryder a lot.

In the regular season his ice time varies a lot. He can play 13 minutes one game and then 20 minutes the game after.

He's skilled but he's not a guy i would pay the farm for very far from it. If he's asking too much for the sens i would be very cautions about getting him via a trade.
You're right in a sense that he's like Ryder (in the sense that he brings nothing but scoring/offense). But a Ryder with blazing speed.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
You're right in a sense that he's like Ryder (in the sense that he brings nothing but scoring/offense). But a Ryder with blazing speed.

Still a Ryder though. If he wants to sign for 4-4.75 à la Patch then yeah. But if he goes crazy and ask for 6 millions do you give the 9th overall for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad