Proposal: The Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
translation....PK can not be trusted to do what he is told and stick to team canadas strategy, which (like i said) equals a poor team player, poor attitude

why not just tell PK to play a defensive game and dont worry about offense?

two reasons,

1 - PK can not be trusted to follow and stick to these instructions

2 - PK is not very good on defense

but PK won a norris, that means he should be a great defense men, if they dont need him to be creating offensive plays that is fine, by why not take him for his defensive abilities then?.....or are you admitting every other team canada D man is better then PK defensively?

The 2 reasons are:

1) They don't want him to show up at the Air Canada center with the fur coat and the weird hat, that stuff annoy a lot of people in the conservative hockey world.

2) It's Canada, for every guy you snub you have 10 realistic options as replacement.

It's a myth that PK (or even Karlsson) can't play defensively.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Team has been in the PO 1 time in like 12 years, has no goalie, no #1D, but yup, they are miles ahead cause of 2-3 lottery picks.

Makes sense

If Matthewes is a Hall/RNH/McKinnon 1st overall rather than a Malkin/Crosby/McDavid then leafs road will be even tougher.

I like Reily and Nylander but they need a lot more pieces to compete. Right now they are the flavor of the day just like EDM was after getting there 2nd 1st overall. Tearing down a team is easy, building one up is the hard part.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
the same reason team canada does not want him....attitude

PK is all about PK, not a good team player, too much attitude, which is why ever team passed on him in the first round, that is no secret

he won the norris by fluke in a half season, big deal

Quite the contrary. When PK was with Team Canada at Sochi in 2014, he was impressive in his willingness to support the team despite missing many games (due to coaching double standards in my opinion), never complaining, and in fact, often seemingly enjoying himself. And this, on the heels of his Norris season in 2013. A self-centered player would have grumbled throughout this tournament. From him, not a peep. I have never seen a more magnanimous, team-oriented player, based on that display.

Not to mention his $10m gift to a Montreal hospital.

Last edited:

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
PK + Plex
Shattenkirk & Tarasenko

DD for a pick

Sign Stamkos

Lehkonen Stamkos Tarasenko
Patches Chucky Gally
Byron Eller Ghetto/McCarron
Carr Danault Mitchell
DLR Flynn

Markov Shattenkirk
Beau Petry
Emelin Pateryn
Barberio

Still have $2,000,000 to spare. Mic drop... Make me the GM.

Obvious flight of fantasy for this beautiful Friday morning.

And I thought my post was delusional! :yo:

Love it :naughty:

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
If Matthewes is a Hall/RNH/McKinnon 1st overall rather than a Malkin/Crosby/McDavid then leafs road will be even tougher.

I like Reily and Nylander but they need a lot more pieces to compete. Right now they are the flavor of the day just like EDM was after getting there 2nd 1st overall. Tearing down a team is easy, building one up is the hard part.

Not to make this about the leafs but I really like Marner whom you forgot.

Plus there are some very good UFAs this offseason. Add a guy like Stamkos to that young core and they get much scarier

Mercury10

Feb 9, 2012
Vernon, BC
The 2 reasons are:

1) They don't want him to show up at the Air Canada center with the fur coat and the weird hat, that stuff annoy a lot of people in the conservative hockey world.

2) It's Canada, for every guy you snub you have 10 realistic options as replacement.

It's a myth that PK (or even Karlsson) can't play defensively[/B].

Karlsson IS terrible defensively. He's F@#$%ng awful. As Shaq would say he is 'Horriawful'. He's worse than the overrated Raymond Bourque, and why, because he gets A LOT of points. Please don't ever compare the defensive abilities of PK and Erika unless it is an opposite end of the spectrum comparison. I have a hard time not puking when I see or hear the name Erik Karlsson. (sorry for the rant, I came on here for a trade scenario.:)).

Mercury10

Feb 9, 2012
Vernon, BC
I have a half of a trade proposal because I'm not sure what it would take to get it done or what I would give up to make it happen. The player I think of (not including untouchable superstars of course) having the most impact and the most benefit to the Habs lineup is Blake Wheeler. I believe the biggest hole in the Habs lineup is at RW. I love Gallagher but I want him to thrive on the 2nd line for the rest of his career.

Wheelers contract situation.

SEASON CLAUSE CAP HIT AAV NHL SALARY
2013-14 Modified NTC $5,600,000 $4,600,000
2014-15 Modified NTC $5,600,000 $5,800,000
2015-16 Modified NTC $5,600,000 $5,800,000
2016-17 Modified NTC $5,600,000 $5,800,000
2017-18 Modified NTC $5,600,000 $5,800,000
2018-19 Modified NTC $5,600,000 $5,800,000

CLAUSE DETAILS: Modified NTC details unknown

Here are the top 7 RWers in the league last year according to points:

1 GP G A PT +/- PIM PPG PPP GWG SH% TOI
Patrick Kane 82 46 60 106 17 30 1.29 37 9 16.0 20:24

Blake Wheeler 82 26 52 78 8 49 0.95 17 5 10.2 19:47

Vlad Tarasenko 80 40 34 74 7 37 0.93 24 7 13.7 18:38

Jaromir Jagr 79 27 39 66 23 48 0.84 11 4 18.9 17:04

Nikita Kucherov 77 30 36 66 9 30 0.86 25 4 14.4 18:12

Kyle Okposo 79 22 42 64 -4 51 0.81 23 4 10.9 18:12

Loui Eriksson 82 30 33 63 13 12 0.77 17 5 16.3 19:28

It is interesting that #6 and #7 can be had without a trade but I really think there is a chance (so you're sayin there's a chance) that Wheeler can be had in a trade involving picks and prospects (and maybe a LW roster player). Here are my main reasons why.

1)Wpg is a budget team, not a cap team. They will make decisions based more on salary than other teams. IMO. Wheeler is their 3rd highest cap hit.

2)Wpg has depth at RW. They'll add Laine June 24th and they have Armia and Ehlers who both guys have good potential to be #1 and #2 RWers. They also have Stafford. They're a little thin on the farm after that. Its not too far fetched to think Wheeler is expendable.

3)Wpg is a very young roster with only 5 players 30+. In fact they were the youngest roster in the league last year. (this may be a reason to keep Wheeler)

4)They need better goaltending. I'm very high on Condon and think what he did this year, replacing Price, on the most storied team in the league, in the centre of the hockey universe (sorry TOilet), as a rookie, is not talked enough about how well he did on an imploding team. Condon can be part of a package.

5)Wpg is thin on LW (unless some of these RWers can switch sides) so maybe we send a LW prospect their way. (Imagine Matteau and Lemieux patrolling their LW for the next 10 years? lol). I would part with any of our LWers except MaxPac. Wpg has Kyle Conner (17th overall) coming up.

6)Mtl has high draft picks to dangle/add.

Discuss.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I have a half of a trade proposal because I'm not sure what it would take to get it done or what I would give up to make it happen. The player I think of (not including untouchable superstars of course) having the most impact and the most benefit to the Habs lineup is Blake Wheeler. I believe the biggest hole in the Habs lineup is at RW. I love Gallagher but I want him to thrive on the 2nd line for the rest of his career.

Discuss.

I have no idea wtf is going on :laugh:

Seriously Winnipeg isn't trading Wheeler get off the stuff already.

Mercury10

Feb 9, 2012
Vernon, BC
PS:
I like Wheelers goal/assist ratio as the Habs have Pac and Chuck that can finish.

Wheeler (4pts) and Eriksson (3pts) were the only top 9 RWers to have any shorthanded points.

Acquiring Wheeler would only leave 1 glaring hole in the Habs SC winning roster, which would be 1st pair LHD. I hope Beaulieu can be the guy but I'd rather have a legit vet fill that spot and have NB on 2nd pair with Petry.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
MB's had 4 years to find a pair of legitimate 2nd line wingers and a top 4 LHD capable of stepping in for Markov upon his inevitable retirement

He's failed and bet it all on Price

In the next 3 years you can probably add a 1st line LW, a #2 2-way C, #1 LHD and #1 Goalie to that shopping list with nothing more than some hopefuls in the system to fill any of the positions

Option A: Get off the tuffet and fill the winger and LHD role this offseason so we can contend next few years and hopefully have Pacs and Price re-sign - should be the easiest Option

Option B: Rebuild around a core of Chucky and Gally and try and fill all those holes with trade returns for Price, PK, Pacs, Markov & Pleks - the NHL2016 option

Price to CBJ: #3 OA & Jenner

PK to Edmonton: Draisaitl, #4 OA, Nurse

Pacs to Ducks: Gibson, Theodore, 24th OA

9th OA to Avs: Barrie

Markov to Caps: 1st Round 26th OA

Pleks to NYI: Brock Nelson

Jenner Chucky Gally
Nelson Drai Puljujarvi

Nurse Barrie
Theodore Petry

Gibson

+ 3 1st rounders

Mercury10

Feb 9, 2012
Vernon, BC
I have no idea wtf is going on :laugh:

Seriously Winnipeg isn't trading Wheeler get off the stuff already.

A lot of teams don't want to trade players, until they do. Are you saying you don't even want to try? I bet Dallas doesn't regret talking to Boston about Seguin.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
A lot of teams don't want to trade players, until they do. Are you saying you don't even want to try? I bet Dallas doesn't regret talking to Boston about Seguin.

Seguin was on the trading block before he got traded IIRC. Wheeler isn't and is pretty much a fan favorite in Winnipeg. I wouldn't waste my time trying to pry him. There are much more worthwhile ventures out there with better realistic outcomes.

Why would someone try to pry Price out of Montreal or Gallagher if we all know these kinds of proposals always end up with the same replies?

Mercury10

Feb 9, 2012
Vernon, BC
You're right, I hope they don't inquire about any good players availability because they might not be available. Better to do nothing and complain about having three 4th lines. Go grinders go!

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
MB's had 4 years to find a pair of legitimate 2nd line wingers and a top 4 LHD capable of stepping in for Markov upon his inevitable retirement

He's failed and bet it all on Price

In the next 3 years you can probably add a 1st line LW, a #2 2-way C, #1 LHD and #1 Goalie to that shopping list with nothing more than some hopefuls in the system to fill any of the positions

Option A: Get off the tuffet and fill the winger and LHD role this offseason so we can contend next few years and hopefully have Pacs and Price re-sign - should be the easiest Option

Option B: Rebuild around a core of Chucky and Gally and try and fill all those holes with trade returns for Price, PK, Pacs, Markov & Pleks - the NHL2016 option

Price to CBJ: #3 OA & Jenner

PK to Edmonton: Draisaitl, #4 OA, Nurse

Pacs to Ducks: Gibson, Theodore, 24th OA

9th OA to Avs: Barrie

Markov to Caps: 1st Round 26th OA

Pleks to NYI: Brock Nelson

Jenner Chucky Gally
Nelson Drai Puljujarvi

Nurse Barrie
Theodore Petry

Gibson

+ 3 1st rounders

We're essentially 2 decent top 6 wingers away from truly contending. I wouldn't rebuild. I'd get rid of dead weight and make damn sure to fill those two holes this summer.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
We're essentially 2 decent top 6 wingers away from truly contending. I wouldn't rebuild. I'd get rid of dead weight and make damn sure to fill those two holes this summer.

That's Option A that's gone unfulfilled for 4 years and should be the easiest - if he can't find that we are doomed come 2019 cause I can't see Price or Pacs sticking around if we are still a pretender

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Not to make this about the leafs but I really like Marner whom you forgot.

Plus there are some very good UFAs this offseason. Add a guy like Stamkos to that young core and they get much scarier

Stammer is not going to Toronto. They are missing a lot of pieces and, he's either resigning or going out West.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
TSN radio mentioned Detroit Red Wings are interested in getting rid of Pavel Datsyuk's contract as he is heading to KHL.

-Steven Stamkos is rumored to be heading to Detroit.
-There's a 90% PK Subban won't be traded.
-Ryan Nugent-Hopkins might be heading to Colorado for Ty Barrie.
-Milan Lucic might join Edmonton with his old GM if he doesn't sign with LA.
-David Backes is resigning with St Louis.

The Combine is this weekend. Jakob Chychrun is impressing scouts. Logan Brown for a big guy isn't as strong at his age. May drop.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
TSN radio mentioned Detroit Red Wings are interested in getting rid of Pavel Datsyuk's contract as he is heading to KHL.

The Combine is this weekend. Jakob Chychrun is impressing scouts. Logan Brown for a big guy isn't as strong at his age. May drop.

The way Id view that is if he trained hard he could be more dominate. ( Not that I want Brown with our pick tho)

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

It's illegal for Detroit to be having discussions with Stamkos. This sounds like BS to me. Although I'm not certain what the penalty might be. I assume it's harsh.

Habfan10

May 16, 2015
The 2 reasons are:

It's a myth that PK (or even Karlsson) can't play defensively.

And yet Brett Burns can be trusted. Burns was on a much better team and was a -4. He also was not matched up against the top lines from other teams most nights. PK played against top lines and was on pk and pp.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
the same reason team canada does not want him....attitude

PK is all about PK, not a good team player, too much attitude, which is why ever team passed on him in the first round, that is no secret

he won the norris by fluke in a half season, big deal

I get SO MAD when I read this UTTER CRAP.

The Norris win being "lucky"? Maybe, because it is always a little lucky for one of the top 5 to beat out four others. Still, one Norris win and one second-place finish in the past four seasons shows he is consistently elite, IMO. But I can understand it is subjective.

However the so-called bad attitude and not being a team player, that is complete RUBBISH!!

Subban was on Team Canada as the 8th defenceman in Socchi and did not say ONE negative word, even as many of his fans thought he should be playing more. He was a TERRIFIC teammate at Socchi! What is wrong with so many of you??? How about one day this season in February, after a win and he got the first star, he was on the RDS sign the camera segment and said that Patches should have been the first star instead??

Subban's attitude and demeanor with the public is A LOT like Kirk Muller's was - always a smile, always respectful in his remarks, and they both work their ass off on the ice.

But Subban is a scary black man I guess. Sad to say, but I don't know why else Muller is loved and PK is controversial. I honestly don't think it is blatant racism at work, but there is subtle stereotyping at play for many people, I think.

digmor crusher

Jul 11, 2009

SEASON CLAUSE CAP HIT AAV NHL SALARY
2013-14 Modified NTC $5,600,000 $4,600,000
2014-15 Modified NTC $5,600,000 $5,800,000
2015-16 Modified NTC $5,600,000 $5,800,000
2016-17 Modified NTC $5,600,000 $5,800,000
2017-18 Modified NTC $5,600,000 $5,800,000
2018-19 Modified NTC $5,600,000 $5,800,000

CLAUSE DETAILS: Modified NTC details unknown

Here are the top 7 RWers in the league last year according to points:

1 GP G A PT +/- PIM PPG PPP GWG SH% TOI
Patrick Kane 82 46 60 106 17 30 1.29 37 9 16.0 20:24

Blake Wheeler 82 26 52 78 8 49 0.95 17 5 10.2 19:47

Vlad Tarasenko 80 40 34 74 7 37 0.93 24 7 13.7 18:38

Jaromir Jagr 79 27 39 66 23 48 0.84 11 4 18.9 17:04

Nikita Kucherov 77 30 36 66 9 30 0.86 25 4 14.4 18:12

Kyle Okposo 79 22 42 64 -4 51 0.81 23 4 10.9 18:12

Loui Eriksson 82 30 33 63 13 12 0.77 17 5 16.3 19:28

It is interesting that #6 and #7 can be had without a trade but I really think there is a chance (so you're sayin there's a chance) that Wheeler can be had in a trade involving picks and prospects (and maybe a LW roster player). Here are my main reasons why.

1)Wpg is a budget team, not a cap team. They will make decisions based more on salary than other teams. IMO. Wheeler is their 3rd highest cap hit.

2)Wpg has depth at RW. They'll add Laine June 24th and they have Armia and Ehlers who both guys have good potential to be #1 and #2 RWers. They also have Stafford. They're a little thin on the farm after that. Its not too far fetched to think Wheeler is expendable.

3)Wpg is a very young roster with only 5 players 30+. In fact they were the youngest roster in the league last year. (this may be a reason to keep Wheeler)

4)They need better goaltending. I'm very high on Condon and think what he did this year, replacing Price, on the most storied team in the league, in the centre of the hockey universe (sorry TOilet), as a rookie, is not talked enough about how well he did on an imploding team. Condon can be part of a package.

5)Wpg is thin on LW (unless some of these RWers can switch sides) so maybe we send a LW prospect their way. (Imagine Matteau and Lemieux patrolling their LW for the next 10 years? lol). I would part with any of our LWers except MaxPac. Wpg has Kyle Conner (17th overall) coming up.

6)Mtl has high draft picks to dangle/add.

Discuss.

Their GM said they will spend to the cap when the time is right. So they are not a budget team.
They may be a bit thin on the farm but they probably have the best talent in the league for guys under 23 so there is time to develop the farm.
They have a number one goalie now, Hellebuyck, they just need to get rid of Pavelec, Hutchinson is backup, can't see any reason why they would want Condon.
Their wingers include Wheeler, Ehlers, Connor, Laine, Copp, Armia, Stafford, Lowry, Burmistrov, Dano, Lemieux and Petan. Combine with Scheifele, Little and Perrrault at center, would give my left you know what for the Habs to be that "thin".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad