Value of: The Tkachuks to Philly

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Really don't see anything that would be available from the Flyers that would tempt the Senators to trade their #4 pick.

I also expect Flames fans to have an even harder time finding a fit for a Matthew Tkachuk trade based on their need for youth and wingers.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I realize this is highly unlikely, but what would it cost the Flyers to get Matthew Tkachuk from Calgary and then move up in the draft to take Brady Tkachuk?

Basically take the best or most valuable young player Philly has (Provorov? Konecny?), and ask yourself what would you want from Calgary for him. Then change the roles, that's the price for Tkachuk. And the Flames still probably say no, for the same reason Philly would say no to a similar deal for their young player.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Far, far more than you'd be willing to give.

I think Tkachuk is pretty much immovable, but to get the needle to move you'd have to give up pieces you'd never want to, like Provorov or Konency+

Not saying it's fair, as that's a rabbit hole I don't want to go down, just thats what it would likely take.

I wouldn't do it for Konecny. Tkachuk was drafted much higher and has developed much better. Tkachuk has a huge all around game, and Konecny is undersized. Tkachuk is quickly becoming a player you build around. I wouldn't move Tkachuk for anything less than the Flyers' top tier of young players. More like Patrick, Gotisbehere, Provorov, Couturier.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Calgary isn’t trading theirs

The Flyers most likely just stay put at 14 and 19.

Neither seems remotely likely. Seems pointless to discuss what it would actually take but it’s safe to assume it would be painful for Flyers fans. Adding the brothers would cost us 14,19, and god knows how many other players/ prospects would be involved. Overall these moves hurt more than they help in my opinion.

Last edited:

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
Far, far more than you'd be willing to give.

I think Tkachuk is pretty much immovable, but to get the needle to move you'd have to give up pieces you'd never want to, like Provorov or Konency+

Not saying it's fair, as that's a rabbit hole I don't want to go down, just thats what it would likely take.

You're out of your mind, or whoever thinks thats what it would take ! NEITHER Tkachuk can carry Provorov's jock !

Reactions: 99664987

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
I wouldn't do it for Konecny. Tkachuk was drafted much higher and has developed much better. Tkachuk has a huge all around game, and Konecny is undersized. Tkachuk is quickly becoming a player you build around. I wouldn't move Tkachuk for anything less than the Flyers' top tier of young players. More like Patrick, Gotisbehere, Provorov, Couturier.

You keep dreaming. Tkachuck and Konecny have almost the same goal total so your, Tkachuk has developed much better is hilarious. Getting drafted higher means absolutely nothing ! You want Provorov, Who just might be one of the best young defenseman in the league, You're adding more than Tkachuk

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
You're out of your mind, or whoever thinks thats what it would take ! NEITHER Tkachuk can carry Provorov's jock !
As a neutral on this, you just have to realize that flames fans(right or wrong) hold Matt Tkackuck in the same value as phillP holds Provorov.
They obviously wouldn't trade him for Patrick or Konency, so Provo is the next step up the ladder.

Besides, he flat out said it wasn't likely fair.

FlyersFanSinceBirth

Jul 1, 2010
I don't think he was saying Tkachuk = Provorov. I think he meant if you want Tkachuk it would cost an overpayment, like Provorov. I wouldn't do it, but I understand why they would ask for that. Tkachuk is a hell of a player and they have no reason to move him without an overpayment.

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
But what's the incentive for the Flames to do it for anything less? So they can add a worse player?

Flames would be stupid to trade him , period. What point is there too that ? Flyers don't need a Tkachuck and they sure as hell don't need to trade a Provorov. It's a bad post if you ask me.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Realistically, probably something like:

Backlund
Tkachuk
Frolik

for

Couturier
Patrick
Konecny

One of the words in the quoted post is ludicrously wrong. Can you tell which one it is?

Edit: OK, snark aside, Flames fans, we (well, most of us) totally understand, Tkachuk isn't moving. That's probably the full extent of what needs to be said; any "offer" proposed will just cause both fanbases to get angry and start hurling invective around.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
One of the words in the quoted post is ludicrously wrong. Can you tell which one it is?

Edit: OK, snark aside, Flames fans, we (well, most of us) totally understand, Tkachuk isn't moving. That's probably the full extent of what needs to be said; any "offer" proposed will just cause both fanbases to get angry and start hurling invective around.

I'm guessing you haven't seen any proposals or Flames players analysis by OKG before :laugh:

Reactions: Flames Fanatic

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Really don't see anything that would be available from the Flyers that would tempt the Senators to trade their #4 pick.

I also expect Flames fans to have an even harder time finding a fit for a Matthew Tkachuk trade based on their need for youth and wingers.
If Ottawa picks Brady Tkachuk at 4th that will be a massive mistake. Hughes Wahlstrom and Boqvist will be on the board, jump on that.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
I don’t know much about Tkachuk and Konecny. Stats wise they look pretty close. Are they pretty close?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad