OT: The thread formerly known as Mousecop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
It is really weird being on vacation and not having to still check in with my store, getting phone calls and texts from them and worrying about how the store is running with out me.

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY
We're back from our vacation - got in at 11:55 last night. What a trip!

I'm off today, then tomorrow is the first of eight straight days before another day off. Is it typical for companies to do that to people who just took a week's vacation?

Reactions: Chainshot

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Submitted another query for my novel yesterday. The process of finding an agent is tedious at best.

It’s also my 14 year anniversary today. Time flies.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
So we’re working on cutting down on some “luxury bills” and so we decided to drop the SiriusXM in our cars. And with them you can’t cancel online so I had to call them. When I got on with a service rep, he asked why I was canceling and I explained. He then said he was going to refund me my last 3 months of payments and use them to apply towards the current promo for new subscriptions. Which is 6 months of service, and we’re going to get $7 back on our card, after that promo is paid for, as well. And he then removed my card from the file so I’m not auto billed in November. So instead of my service being canceled, I got 6 of service for free and $7 back. :laugh:

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Sirius will do almost anything to keep subscribers and usually offer progressively better deals when you call to cancel. I don't know how low they will go but I'm locked in at $5 per month for six months and my parents at $6. A friend of mine has a couple receivers and calls them every six months when the promotions expire to cancel only to eventually be offered $30 for six months for each receiver. Not sure how emphatic you were about canceling or what was offered before coming to the six month agreement you made however if you were paying full price for previous months then it would be easier for them to do some creative bookkeeping to use payments already made to extend your subscription.

Many TV and phone providers will make deals if you call to cancel, especially if you say your services are switching to a rival provider or the fees are too high. If saving money is worth 10-20 minutes of your time it's usually worth the call, at least in Canada.

Last edited:

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Many TV and phone providers will make deals if you call to cancel, especially if you say your services are switching to a rival provider. If saving money is worth 10-20 minutes of your time it's usually worth the call, at least in Canada.
Trust me, I'd love to take 10-20 minutes and save some money. I'm just no good at bluffing and I don't actually want to cancel my service in most cases. :laugh: So I wouldn't know what to do if they didn't come back with an offer and just shut everything down, per my request.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Hope it was a great time, brother!
I made a new friend:
20190529_192529.jpg

He kinda reminds me of this guy:
FB_IMG_1556593727000.jpg

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Work related: Have an end of May deadline to get a funding request into circulation for one of the sub-projects I have responsibility. Pulled the authorship away from the local site sub-project leader at the start of this week when it became clear he/his team weren't working diligently enough to complete it. The deadline impacts (albeit slightly) YE bonus payout for several hundred people, but not the local site leader and team. After about 20 hours of prework this week by me, the actual request documents are about 20% done, and I estimate several hours remaining to complete it.

Personal: My son's high school graduation today is 1:30 - 3:30 PM, and I think one of his aunts has a small get together planned afterwards. So I figure noon onward I'm done for the week.

I hope I make the work deadline, and I'm glad I don't work for Kim Jong Un.

Reactions: Chainshot

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
These boys graduated this afternoon. Five of the seven seniors on the LAX team with their coach in center. Four straight state championships for their school's class / size, (all finals played on the road, two games each against two separate opponents). Lost by 1 goal their freshman year. Won their sophomore year. Lost by three goals in both their junior and senior years. In addition to their conference and non-conference schedule, they routinely beat 3 of the 4 public high schools in the county, each with quality LAX programs and benefiting from >10x the class size / enrollment. The 4th county high school is routinely a Class AAAA State powerhouse. Of the 6 boys who played together since Freshman year, my son, leftmost, glasses, is the least skilled and the shortest-tenured starter. But I'm proud of his dedication, commitment, and hard work with his teammates. He improved tremendously. (for perspective, the 2 tallest boys are each 6'5", coach 6', and the others 5'11-6'0"). [Photo removed after 1 week.] I don't post photos of him to social media so I'll delete this in the next few days. (I don't trust Zuckerberg's altruism, nor the government's, and I used to work with a guy who wrote facial recognition software used by the FBI/CIA). San Fran got it right by recently banning facial recognition.

Attachments

• IMG_2052_small.JPG
    IMG_2052_small.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Nice! How much extra are the red brake caliper covers? They look sharp.

The red Brembo's are standard on the SRT, and you get yellow ones on the Trackhawk. I'm not sure what they are on their own, probably too much. Easy/cheap way to get the same look is to just PlastiDip your calipers red.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
My wife gave birth this past Tuesday, we are so happy to have our boy in the world.

As soon as the docs cleaned him off, he cried for a minute, then came to, and asked me quietly if I had an update on Skinner negotiations.

Great first start, little man!
F0B181AD-281C-4BB9-8F22-7852E0692677.jpeg

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
My wife gave birth this past Tuesday, we are so happy to have our boy in the world.

As soon as the docs cleaned him off, he cried for a minute, then came to, and asked me quietly if I had an update on Skinner negotiations.

Great first start, little man!View attachment 233189

Oooooooooooo yeah! Congratulations to you and Mrs. JBuds! :partytime::dd:

Life will never be the same. :thumbu:

Reactions: jBuds

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Thank you guys. The feeling of absolute bliss is legitimate. Always heard it spoken about but never understood its true power. What a feeling

If I can offer some completely unsolicited pieces of advice:

When the baby sleeps, so should your wife. If she says she wants to get things done or wants a break from the kiddo... tell her you'll take it on and send her to bed and then take on kiddo care to get her a mental break. She's going to have some physiological stuff going on, roll with it and if she's rested, all the better for all three of you. Believe me, the lad will pick up on it if she's stressed.

Reactions: Dubi Doo and jBuds
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad