OT: The thread formerly known as Mousecop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
PEsitOS.gif

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Not surprised to hear about Stan, but still a shame. The whole Jack Kirby-thing notwithstanding, the man was an icon.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
On the bus to Buffalo. We just stopped at a rest stop on the Jersey Turnpike for half an hour and I have no idea why.

Flux capacitor on the fritz?

Chewy was the one who tried fixing the hyperdrive. Had to call in R2D2 to bail him out.

Spontaneous bus driver union strike.

Bus driver really had to go.

Coffee is a hell of a drug.

Reactions: sabremike

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Population remains neutral. Sabremike in Brian_Griffin out. I am leaving this AM after spending a few days in WNY for work, joining cousins in PA for last w/e of archery, (Cousin got an 8-pt) then holiday yesterday visiting cousins in Buffalo & helped them do their pre-winter yard cleanup & prep & some electrical wiring. Lots of early snow in the south towns. Plane boarded for CLT.

Reactions: sabremike

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Population remains neutral. Sabremike in Brian_Griffin out. I am leaving this AM after spending a few days in WNY for work, joining cousins in PA for last w/e of archery, (Cousin got an 8-pt) then holiday yesterday visiting cousins in Buffalo & helped them do their pre-winter yard cleanup & prep & some electrical wiring. Lots of early snow in the south towns. Plane boarded for CLT.
Wow! Relatives have to be happy to see you! Hope you had lots of fun while up here,

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Wow! Relatives have to be happy to see you! Hope you had lots of fun while up here,
It’s always worth the drive. Stopped in PA to see my 85yo uncle who is getting frailer on his legs. He has been a second father of sorts after my dad died over 25 years ago.

And my cousin in BUF lives in the house I grew up in, so Besides visiting, it’s good to help her with home improvements because I remember how my brother and I did the repairs and (inexpensive) renovations over the years. She and her partner have really improved and upgraded over the years. New kitchen several years ago, a lot of rewiring, hardwood floors refinished a year ago, re-finishing the basement with a gas fireplace etc work in progress. She’s hoping to retire soon (“early”) to have time to do a bunch of the rest.

Last edited:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I've been trying to play pick up hockey for over a month now. Well, last week I noticed the local rink is finally doing skate and shoots. I saw there was one I could make tonight, and have been excited about it for over a week.

Yesterday I realized my hockey gear is in my car, which is in the shop. I decide to call the shop today figuring it would be no problem to pick up the gear. I call the dealership at 2...no answer, so I left a voicemail. I didn't hear back, so I call back at 445, and some guy answers. Hallujah! I ask him if I can come pick up my hockey stuff, and he says sure! You can drop by tomorrow since I already locked the shop up. Motherf***er!

I'm so irritated right now. I've felt tension in my chest for about an hour. I'll have to wait over a week to have another chance to play. Such bullshit. I wish I would've pressed the guy a bit to see if he would budge. Hindsight is 20/20 I suppose.

Rant over.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I've been reasonably fortunate over the last 10 years that, outside of digging mine or my wifes car out from a plowed in spot, i really haven't had to do much snow shoveling apart from helping out a neighbor here or there. This morning, I had to shovel out our driveway. How long until kids can shovel for me?

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
My grandsons were happy to shovel for a couple years-then turned into teenagers!

steveoath

GHC 141
Jul 31, 2018
Thought I'd take part in the works office "ugly Christmas sweater" thing this year and get a sabres one. Hell of a misprint on it :eek:

At least it's ugly!

Attachments

• IMG_20181119_092506.jpg
    IMG_20181119_092506.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: brian_griffin

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I'm still in search of an agent to represent me and my novel. I queried 4 about 3 months ago. As most of these agents say that they'll respond with 3 months, and this process sucks ass, I figured I'd query in clumps. I'm about 9k words into my second full-length novel, very different genre and styling, but now I need to stop working on that to send out more queries. At least I'll have some time over Thanksgiving break, but still. The writing is the fun and easy part. Then there's editing, marketing, these goddamn queries...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->