OT: The thread formerly known as Mousecop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I've enjoyed the last season of GoT

But its undoubtedly been fan service since Season 5, bordering on erotic fan fiction the last few episodes. Some of the plot points have been so cringey its embarrassing.

Reactions: k8prisoner

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
It's a sobering thought knowing how much of history is lost do to nature and man.

It's something I've always thought about when looking at really old stuff, art especially. These objects get a spot in the historical canon, but, like, are they even good works for their time? Or did they just get lucky to survive this long? What kind of really cool stuff from the past (and how much of it) have we lost because the elements got to it or it was destroyed?

Reactions: Penalty Killa

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Yeah! I’m not a criminal and I’m not on drugs! :banana:

I knew both this things, obviously. But my background check and drug test cleared so I’m 100% set to start in June.

Reactions: Chainshot

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Well, kiss any hope for a future career in high-level politics goodbye. (And congrats!)

Thanks. I’ve never had to go through either for a job I was going to get. So it was a little odd waiting even though I had the job, and was fairly certain on the background check clearing and 100% sure the drug test would.

Also it was awkward doing the drug test because they do it via hair sample. And I keep my hair so short on my head, they had to source it from another location (armpit). So that was interesting.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Yeah! I’m not a criminal and I’m not on drugs! :banana:

I knew both this things, obviously. But my background check and drug test cleared so I’m 100% set to start in June.

I love when I have to do the background check for coaching.

I know the worst thing that would pop would be a speeding ticket. But, my head will sometimes wonder if there was some mistake in the system and something will pop up...

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Thanks. I’ve never had to go through either for a job I was going to get. So it was a little odd waiting even though I had the job, and was fairly certain on the background check clearing and 100% sure the drug test would.

Also it was awkward doing the drug test because they do it via hair sample. And I keep my hair so short on my head, they had to source it from another location (armpit). So that was interesting.
Whew, good thing for those parenthesis.

Reactions: Penalty Killa

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Capstone project presentation tomorrow -- full room (40-ish students, 7 or 8 faculty). My team was 7 and we lost one, disappeared without telling us what is going on last week, though I hope all is well there. Of the other 6... I'm the only one still working on this pile of crap presentation. One other person stayed here until about 10 minutes ago, claiming regularly that she does not care at all for this class but still she stayed longer than the people who are in this field.

And then there is me, digging up information, revising technique instructions and quoting out prices for a project that will never happen because it's what we're supposed to do. WTF.... I missed every game tonight for this.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Capstone project presentation tomorrow -- full room (40-ish students, 7 or 8 faculty). My team was 7 and we lost one, disappeared without telling us what is going on last week, though I hope all is well there. Of the other 6... I'm the only one still working on this pile of crap presentation. One other person stayed here until about 10 minutes ago, claiming regularly that she does not care at all for this class but still she stayed longer than the people who are in this field.

And then there is me, digging up information, revising technique instructions and quoting out prices for a project that will never happen because it's what we're supposed to do. WTF.... I missed every game tonight for this.
Yeah, that blows about your group members. It seems more often then not, that one or 2 people are stuck with the work. Don't get too stressed Chain

In other news, it's been 24 hours since my last cigarette. I've been using the pharmacy inhaler, and it seems to be working well with my cravings. Driving to Calgary on Thursday for Easter. So excited to see my family .. besides some extended that are die hard flames fans, who are very much egotistical and absolutely love hearing themselves talk.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yeah, that blows about your group members. It seems more often then not, that one or 2 people are stuck with the work. Don't get too stressed Chain

In other news, it's been 24 hours since my last cigarette. I've been using the pharmacy inhaler, and it seems to be working well with my cravings. Driving to Calgary on Thursday for Easter. So excited to see my family .. besides some extended that are die hard flames fans, who are very much egotistical and absolutely love hearing themselves talk.

Yeah, I think I'm going to wrap it up. I have two presentations tomorrow -- I'm teaching half of my advanced organic production techniques class at 10:30 and those slides need a last once-over.

I was thinking I wasn't doing enough on this until I started to read our final report. And then it was... I wrote this... and I wrote that... and this part is mine... and these maps, and this soil survey, and these photos. And it's funny that I still feel like I'm not ready and not doing enough. A former classmate during another project last semester turned to me and conspiratorially whispered that she and I weren't back of the room people. I agreed -- I want to do good work. This is my f***ing job right now, even if I'm not getting paid. Eh... I think four or five hours of shuteye will make this right as rain.

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY

You should put one of these at the end - Photoshopped with your name:

CwIpcbM.jpg

Reactions: Chainshot

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm

That’s kinda creepy.. May I ask the type of employer without giving the actual ..Now that you passed. You should absolutely grow the hair a little and do some mind altering substance just to see if you like altering your consciousness more than your job in the long run. ( This advice comes from a homeless person but sincere in his quest for understanding this reality ) .

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
It’s kinda funny how you think something so important like getting a raise or a new vehicle is so important then it happens and it really never mattered all that much all along.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So circling back to my presentation -- our client loved what I created and even found my scalable option to be of interest. We did a "if money were no object" piece that could be tailored to fit an outfit using intern labor and a tiny budget to keep things moving until a large conservation donor or grant could be found. A couple of profs were impressed with the technique I dug up -- nobody is doing this in the SE, because everything down here is all about getting max value from timber sale, not biodiversity and restoration which our landowner is chartered to do with this parcel. So... yeah. It went well.

In other news, I FINALLY got my EKG results today. All good. I was sweating it for four days waiting to find out what the hell was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad