OT: The thread formerly known as Mousecop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Had a pretty awesome 4th anniversary yesterday.

And the good news for today is that my car only needed two new front tires. It had a bad vibration and I was hoping it was something like that and not bigger issues.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
My MIL is being made to go into assisted living and is panicking. Which is making my wife panic. Thankfully my dad didn’t have anything going on this afternoon and was available to to meet my wife at the hospital and talk with my wife, MIL, the hospital staff and the social worker. He knows what he’s talking about and will remain calm through everything.

Personally I think assisted living is best for her but she doesn’t want to make bad decisions etc.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
My MIL is being made to go into assisted living and is panicking. Which is making my wife panic. Thankfully my dad didn’t have anything going on this afternoon and was available to to meet my wife at the hospital and talk with my wife, MIL, the hospital staff and the social worker. He knows what he’s talking about and will remain calm through everything.

Personally I think assisted living is best for her but she doesn’t want to make bad decisions etc.

That stuff is tough.

I had end of life stuff conversations with both my mom and dad on Sunday and Monday. My mom is having her hip replaced next month and my step-mom passed away in November, so these thoughts are bubbling to the surface.

And then my MIL is having health issues that may require surgery and my wife is really worried.

Life is fun!

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I am so tired of paper work. Frig just keep getting more and more pointless tasks to do that an admin should be doing.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Caved and bought a pack of cigarettes after quitting for about a year. Stressed out about courses and along with my living situation. Smoking is such a hard habit to break.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Caved and bought a pack of cigarettes after quitting for about a year. Stressed out about courses and along with my living situation. Smoking is such a hard habit to break.

Not good bro. Not good.
Find and embrace a different stress reliever. Preferably better for your health.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Anyone here have arthritis?

I have tendinitis from playing tennis so much growing up. The only relief I get is when I don't use it often. I work out quite a bit and on pull day it flares up so much that I have to really keep my workouts short.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Anyone here have arthritis?

I'm 30 and have early on-set rheumatoid. Both my father and grandma had to retire due to it. It's scary watching your own body degrade. I can remember working 2 jobs, coming home working out and never feeling a thing. All at once it set in and I feel useless some days because of the pain.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

Best wishes man. For new years I told my wife I would try to stop dipping. Shes actually quite tolerant of it even if she doesn't like it. She understands its a stress relief for me. I bought a tin of non tobacco dip and was open about it, pulled her aside and told her I'd try alternatives to see if I could stop. It actually led to a great level headed discussion about how I started (playing hockey when I was younger you had to dip) and how it eveolved into a stress relief because of work etc.

anyways sorry to derail it just got me thinking. I hope you can kick it again I think people who can quit smoking are genuinely strong people who need to be applauded. Cheers and best wishes my friend.

Reactions: Graves

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I'm 30 and have early on-set rheumatoid. Both my father and grandma had to retire due to it. It's scary watching your own body degrade. I can remember working 2 jobs, coming home working out and never feeling a thing. All at once it set in and I feel useless some days because of the pain.

I’m 26, went to the doctors because I hurt my knee in hockey months ago. Got x rays in my knee, and a surprising call that I have arthritis in my knee.

Since then, I’ve been exercising almost daily.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I’m 26, went to the doctors because I hurt my knee in hockey months ago. Got x rays in my knee, and a surprising call that I have arthritis in my knee.

Having a great regiment daily will help.
I personally work in often cold temps and its excruciating at times. I keep telling myself its temporary and I have a great cushy desk job on the horizon and that may be...but for now I get your pain 100% friend.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Not good bro. Not good.
Find and embrace a different stress reliever. Preferably better for your health.

Best wishes man. For new years I told my wife I would try to stop dipping. Shes actually quite tolerant of it even if she doesn't like it. She understands its a stress relief for me. I bought a tin of non tobacco dip and was open about it, pulled her aside and told her I'd try alternatives to see if I could stop. It actually led to a great level headed discussion about how I started (playing hockey when I was younger you had to dip) and how it eveolved into a stress relief because of work etc.

anyways sorry to derail it just got me thinking. I hope you can kick it again I think people who can quit smoking are genuinely strong people who need to be applauded. Cheers and best wishes my friend.
Thanks boys. I appreciate it.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Dad cut back from 2.5 packs a day to probably 0.5 packs a day in later years. He died right after he turned 59yo from esophageal cancer, likely exacerbated by smoking and drinking. My mom quit a dozen+ times in her life. Last one finally worked. Not as heavy a smoker, but made it to 79yo.

I've read nicotine is more addictive than heroin. Don't give up.

Work colleague has battled RA for 30+ years. She went to the most powerful meds 25 years ago. Still working / enduring / functioning. Not fully well, but hanging in there. Good luck.

Reactions: Franson

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011

Get the hylaunic acid injections. Shit is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad