OT: The Thread About Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
i feel like living in wyoming is the last vestige of the wild west.

like literally most of that state is *nothing* but vast wilderness.

me, you would think after hiking at ramapo reservation since early high school i wouldn't need my gps anymore up there. lol no.

Reactions: Aethon

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
i feel like living in wyoming is the last vestige of the wild west.

like literally most of that state is *nothing* but vast wilderness.

me, you would think after hiking at ramapo reservation since early high school i wouldn't need my gps anymore up there. lol no.
Montana and Idaho ain't too bad either.

Edit:
I used to drive from highschool and fish the wooden bridge in Rampoo Reservation almost everyday...sometimes the Pompton by the falls.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I've looked into Wyoming's ski country, but unfortunately it's some of the most expensive real estate in America.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ

Storm chaser got his dumb ass caught in storm surge and had to abandon his truck.

Yeah I was watching that live... He took shelter in a house and is doing alright so far. His truck is a goner though, it started floating away

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
reaaally hope they don’t evacuate here in bama. i doubt they do but i’m not really paying attention

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
My friend lives in middle-of-nowhere Oklahoma, over an hour away from both Tulsa and OKC. It’s amazing just how much nothingness there is in this country, we’re just not used to it because we’re (mostly) in the Northeast.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
My friend lives in middle-of-nowhere Oklahoma, over an hour away from both Tulsa and OKC. It’s amazing just how much nothingness there is in this country, we’re just not used to it because we’re (mostly) in the Northeast.

I have always found it interesting, to me a bit strange, what so many from here considering nothingness.

I am not picking a fight or trying to change your mind, most of family and friends believe the same. But I see it entirely different. The nothingness is more alive and exciting than any city... again not trying to change any minds... I like that most people don't go to these places...but man I wish I could possibly articulate what is out there...life and death the like of which Hollywood could only dream of portraying. Wild places are magical once you get to know them...and personally I think to not know them is a hole in the soul.

Last edited:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
And there'd be nothing stopping you from moving to MT, ID, UT, CO, or WY, someplace with killer trout fishing.
That would definitely be a silver lining if I were ever to get fired.

Although it wouldn't be trout fishing, but those area's sound about right.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I've looked into Wyoming's ski country, but unfortunately it's some of the most expensive real estate in America.
How far out do you have to go before it get's cheap?

This was about 10 years ago but I remember driving through some eerily run down towns in Wyoming.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I have always found it interesting, to me a bit strange, what so many from here considering nothingness.

I am not picking a fight or trying to change your mind, most of family and friends believe the same. But I see it entirely different. The nothingness is more alive and exciting than any city... again not trying to change any minds... I like that most people don't go to these places...but man I wish I could possibly articulate what is out there...life and death the like of which Hollywood could only dream of portraying. Wild places are magical once you get to know them...and personally I think to not know them is a hole in the soul.
I mostly agree except for the city part. A proper city has an energy to it that almost can't be described. It gets old, but so do the woods. Maybe I'm just too add to settle on one or the other. Reasonably quick access and residences in both is ideal to me.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I mostly agree except for the city part. A proper city has an energy to it that almost can't be described. It gets old, but so do the woods. Maybe I'm just too add to settle on one or the other. Reasonably quick access and residences in both is ideal to me.

my 24-year-old opinion may be underdeveloped, but this is why i'm a jersey snob.

find me another place in america where you're basically equidistant from the center of a world city, the beach, the forest, farmland, and lakes, with four distinct seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad