OT: The Thread About Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Is Brian Boyle's 1-100 speed rating > or < 18?

EDIT:

This post is NOT about hockey, it's about the accuracy & progress of artificial intelligence in 2018.
A more accurate statement would be that your post is about the progress and accuracy of EA Sports to make a decent hockey game for the first time in 7 years.

The answer is a resounding no.

Reactions: Darkauron

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
A more accurate statement would be that your post is about the progress and accuracy of EA Sports to make a decent hockey game for the first time in 7 years.

The answer is a resounding no.

i’m pretty impressed with nhl19 so far. some of these modes are ridiculous, i’m racking up 20-40 hits a game and i’m nowhere near the puck

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Everybody gushes about modern video games and I'm just here putting new games on my SNES Classic. I did try my friend's PlayStation VR on Friday, though. I was skeptical about it being a gimmick that doesn't work, but it's the real deal, even if it is murder on your eyes. And I'm tempted to get a Switch because I also hear a lot of great things about it and I'm a sucker for Smash Bros., which looks like there was a lot of love put into it.

Meanwhile it seems like Microsoft doesn't know what they're doing when it comes to video games.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Boyles speed is an 83. Also wtf is up with the penalties. Every time I hit someone I got a penalty.
First period I had 10 penalties, including a 5 minute major.

the progress and accuracy of EA Sports to make a decent hockey game for the first time in 7 years. The answer is a resounding no.

i’m racking up 20-40 hits a game and i’m nowhere near the puck

I'd like to get back into video game hockey, I'd even buy a PS4 or XB1 just to play that one game, but it's posts like these that make me not do so.

I dont like video games that are not realistic, and it seems that's the way virtually all video games are made today.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
I'd like to get back into video game hockey, I'd even buy a PS4 or XB1 just to play that one game, but it's posts like these that make me not do so.

I dont like video games that are not realistic, and it seems that's the way virtually all video games are made today.
If you want to just wait till The holiday season. I got NHL 18 for like 25 bucks around Christmas time. Still a bad game but easier to stomach at that price.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Funny, my feelings on video game realism are the complete opposite of yours, but we arrive at the same conclusion. Just bring back NBA Jam and NHL Hitz and I'll be happy. I've never liked "realistic" sports games, and those have become nothing more than glorified simulators in recent years. Glorified and very buggy simulators.

Reactions: MartyOwns

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Also I never like to get the NHL games until a few months in. As they are not allowed to put in certain big prospects until a play one pro game. So It is pointless. Also I enjoy the EHM hockey games a lot more anyway

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ

There are other great games on PS4 that aren't sports. I've been playing Horizon Zero Dawn and only Horizon Zero Dawn for like 2 years until I got NHL 19.

You'd probably enjoy the scenery of that game since you just traveled to a few of the real world locations it's based in this summer

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
There are other great games on PS4 that aren't sports.

I'm not a big video game person.

The only genres I like are sports games & war games. I'd probably only play NHL, Madden, and which WWII game of BF or COD is more realistic, and that's about it.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
The issue is, if you get a game that is too realistic, it is not fun AT all. Or it is tedious to do anything like in ARMA or other games like it.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The issue is, if you get a game that is too realistic, it is not fun AT all. Or it is tedious to do anything like in ARMA or other games like it.

I'm not familiar with ARMA, but the most realistic shooter I am familiar with is America's Army (though I havent played it in 3 or 4 years). All the characteristics, range, # of rounds, etc.. for weapons or expected blast ranges for certain explosives etc.. were accurate. Another game I think has decent realism that I still do play occasionally is World Of Tanks.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I'm not a big video game person.

The only genres I like are sports games & war games. I'd probably only play NHL, Madden, and which WWII game of BF or COD is more realistic, and that's about it.

Idk man I think you'd really enjoy HZD. It's a post-apocalyptic game set in Colorado, utah, and Wyoming. The world was taken over by war machines created by a private military company that produced them and couldn't stop production once they were corrupted. They turned on humans and basically ended all of civilization. With that, its very tribal and you play with bows and arrows. It's really awesome, one of the best games I've played in a long long time

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I'm not familiar with ARMA, but the most realistic shooter I am familiar with is America's Army (though I havent played it in 3 or 4 years). All the characteristics, range, # of rounds, etc.. for weapons or expected blast ranges for certain explosives etc.. were accurate. Another game I think has decent realism that I still do play occasionally is World Of Tanks.

Arma is essentially that but better. It is the best mil sim out there and I really like it a lot. WoT is pretty good. The damage sims are great

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

it’s as realistic as you want it to be. want to repair your arena’s concession stand? there’s a mode for that and it’s super realistic for you. there are modes that will allow you all the boring minutiae your heart desires. and if you want to skate up to a guy without the puck and obliterate him, then wait for him to get back up and obliterate him again, and then find his family in the crowd and slaughter them in front of him, there’s a mode for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad