OT: The Thread About Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Is Brian Boyle's 1-100 speed rating > or < 18?

EDIT:

This post is NOT about hockey, it's about the accuracy & progress of artificial intelligence in 2018.

Idk what it is at this point because I have tried to create a new expansion franchise 4 times and it keeps giving me an error code at different points in the creation process and closes the game. I'm about to bug out lol

I've updated it and everything, super frustrating.

With that off my chest, Boyles speed should not be higher than 75 if the game wants to be realistic. I do know they were trying to be tougher with player ratings to make a real difference between better and worse players. It's no longer gonna be like NHL 12 where Mike Comrie was a UFA and still like an 84 overall lol

Edit: Boyles speed is an 83

Also wtf is up with the penalties. Every time I hit someone I got a penalty. First period I had 10 penalties, including a 5 minute major. I'm just going to have to adjust the sliders

Last edited:

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Bread and butter pickles? might as well throw them in the trash now. only thing that makes me vomit more then bread and butter pickles is onions. Dill is the only way pickle.

Reactions: Billdo and tr83

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Bread and butter pickles? might as well throw them in the trash now. only thing that makes me vomit more then bread and butter pickles is onions. Dill is the only way pickle.
I don't like bread and butters either, UNLESS you throw some jalepano's in there as well. Spicy sweet's are pretty good.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I pickled some spicy baby carrots 2 weeks ago. Going to try pickling cucumber and jalapeños next.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
So NBC put out a statement trying to defend that fake TWC drama.

“It’s important to note that the two individuals in the background are walking on concrete, and Mike Seidel is trying to maintain his footing on wet grass, after reporting on-air until 1:00 a.m. ET this morning and is undoubtedly exhausted."

Riggggggghhhhhhhhtttttttt.................

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
That's what I figured. I was thinking the other day, I don't think I've ever seen a whole bread and butter pickle. They are always chips

easy to get the proper utensil ….the way to go…..

OT521124_1S.jpg

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Now CNN's been busted for fake news too.

This time it's Anderson Cooper.

CNNfakenews.AC.gif

Well, that's not so much fake as it is deceptive. One should be intelligent enough to use the surrounding buildings as a point of reference for water depth, or at least have a healthy enough skepticism to consider the facts before jumping to a conclusion. The weather channel thing is straight up faking it.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Well, that's not so much fake as it is deceptive. One should be intelligent enough to use the surrounding buildings as a point of reference for water depth, or at least have a healthy enough skepticism to consider the facts before jumping to a conclusion. The weather channel thing is straight up faking it.

They have him intentionally in a low-laying area for a close-up shot while they're filming in what's only about 8 inches of water. That's fake as hell, though I'm not sure how "deceptive" is any different than "fake" in this context. Though this actually isnt from Florence, it's from a hurricane several years ago. Starting to think this sort of thing is rampant in the news whenever these things happen to make the shot "look good" for TV. The below is the most famous one I can think of.

Last edited:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It 100% is rampant, whatever you want to call it. It's entertainment, after all. There is no such thing as strictly factual, unbiased reporting unfortunately.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Now CNN's been busted for fake news too.

This time it's Anderson Cooper.

CNNfakenews.AC.gif

I don't think it's deceptive either, unless he is kneeling or something. If that is how deep it is at that spot then that's how deep it is.

But it is silly. We get it, it's flooded, you don't need to go stand in it to show me that. And this is how frame all these shots now, find a down tree and set up camera. I appreciate the coverage, because I do want to see what's going on, but all this obvious fluff takes away from their credibility.

Still haven't seen the one people are mocking from Florence yet. Hunting it down now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad