OT: The Thread About Nothing Part CXCII: Neighborhood hhWatches and Tight Ends are Deadly

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Thought I'd post this resource those that shoot and/or hunt, I just found this awesome spreadsheet. Especially useful for this "Great Ammo Shortage of 2013".

You just plug in the caliber you're looking for, and then you can search this spreadsheet of online ammo dealers for best price. What's even more amazing is you can sort by TYPE of ammo or grains or even casing etc!

http://gun-deals.com/list/ammo/7.62x54R

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
Yea and especially for you going to a different town having to figure out your driving situation

The bar we always hit up has a great late night happy hour - $2 beers, $3 shots and the bartender is a huge Bruce fan so he always has that on when we come in :laugh:

Wait. That sounds like an awesome bar. What's it called?

I especially like the prices haha and Bruce of course.

manisback121

Feb 28, 2008
Life sentence, plus 1,000 years....what the heck is the point of the extra years?? I just find it silly when people get sentences like that...it's not physically possible to serve after you're dead!

http://news.yahoo.com/cleveland-kidnapping-suspect-plea-bargain-041908571.html

Funny thing the product of "crossing the streams" between criminal punishment philosophy, substantive criminal law and crim pro.

In short:

1) we have an indeterminate sentencing protocol meaning the sky's the limit

2) statutory minimums meaning he has to rack some of the time up

3) retributive effect (minor) this guy will be reminded by 1000 plus life

3a)general deterrence - well people with h free will (I think this guy is a sicko, but some differ) will be deterredand think twice when she says no or retracts consent mid thrust. (Far fetched but there's a school

3a1) sex offenders under control think twice....

4) community confidence in justice system

5) judge has discretion

Etc.

If you're interested, I can send you an article on philosophies of punishment.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
In keeping with the bad beer theme, here is a beauty from the back country ghettos of upstate New York... I'm thinking of starting a site called badbeeradvocate.com

IMG_20130726_193852_613_zps76f46cdf.jpg

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
^ Didn't even know they still made that. I'm pretty sure that's one of those beers that old men bought when I was a little kid.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
^ Didn't even know they still made that. I'm pretty sure that's one of those beers that old men bought when I was a little kid.

I'm on aquest to drink as many old school bad beers as I can find.

I have a Colt45, Old English 800, Hefenrefer and Saint Ives review as my ghetto collection. Now I'm looking for as many older beer as I can find...truth be told, they are all very similar. But I think it's is funny as hell to review these beers in a condescending and snobbish way...

Mouth feel, texture, nose, color of Colt45? I laugh my ass off every time I write review because I know there are some that become incredulous over it...it's just another group to troll the **** out of.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Ahh Genny Cream Ale, used to drink that a long time ago when I was young, had no money and didn't know any better. Used to drink a lot of Old Milwaukee, Olympia and Black Label too, then the 90's hit and it was all about "ice" beer, I think every crappy label had their own version lol.

I'm still very fond of those crappy beer days and go old school occasionally. My cousins from Chicago always make sure to bring out a few cases of Old Style when they visit.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Ahh Genny Cream Ale, used to drink that a long time ago when I was young, had no money and didn't know any better. Used to drink a lot of Old Milwaukee, Olympia and Black Label too, then the 90's hit and it was all about "ice" beer, I think every crappy label had their own version lol.

I'm still very fond of those crappy beer days and go old school occasionally. My cousins from Chicago always make sure to bring out a few cases of Old Style when they visit.
Exactly! Food and drink's quality is directly related to the level it raises your happiness.... some may tell you why it isn't good, but if it makes you remember a great time with your family when you were a kid or a special occasion or a certain night, who is anyone to judge that?

So do what makes you happy and forget everyone else ...that is why I fish ;)

JK3

Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Exactly! Food and drink's quality is directly related to the level it raises your happiness.... some may tell you why it isn't good, but if it makes you remember a great time with your family when you were a kid or a special occasion or a certain night, who is anyone to judge that?

So do what makes you happy and forget everyone else ...that is why I fish ;)

I really don't like Bud at all but there something about having an ice cold can out of a cooler, can't beat it especially while fishing. You need to do that website, that would be awesome.:laugh:

Went fishing today and my dad got a small fluke, did much better on monday with a few keepers. Gonna try to get out in the ocean this weekend and hit up one the wrecks out here.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

I'm still very fond of those crappy beer days and go old school occasionally.

Old Milwaukee I put very near the top of the, "Nastiest Beers I've Ever Tasted" list. It's up there with Natural Light in that regard. Cant drink either of them.

Olympia - remember their slogan? It's the water. Which I assumed was because the beer had almost no taste and was like water, even worse so than Coors Light.

One of the best uber-cheap beers in my mind is Busch Light. That was the poor college beer of choice down south. Used to get 12-packs from this middle-eastern guy named Mohammed who didnt give a ratz azz how old you were. You could be 12 years old and if you had American money, he was game. Stuff was so cheap I think it was roughly $6 for a 12-pack.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Went fishing today and my dad got a small fluke, did much better on monday with a few keepers.

Any day you can fish with your dad is magic. It's been a while for me and I miss it dearly. Keep making those moments as often as you possibly can. They are jewels you will wish you had more of at some point.

And besides, fluke are so damn delicious

JK3

Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Any day you can fish with your dad is magic. It's been a while for me and I miss it dearly. Keep making those moments as often as you possibly can. They are jewels you will wish you had more of at some point.

And besides, fluke are so damn delicious

Yeah I agree, he's getting up there in age so I definitely treasure every moment. We've been going a lot over the past five years. It's pretty funny cause he's like the kid and I'm the adult now. He cant get around so good so I have to help him with the bait and tying rigs but when I put him on the fish he knows what to do.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
:laugh: Yeah that's right! You could drink a ton of those things.

**** me.....

was in mexico april '12........ drank this **** and finally realized why i wasnt drunk after a few hours....... it was 3.5%....WHY?!!

.....leftover beers that someone didnt take from fridge the night before.......and i took them to the beach the next day hoping to buzz.

argh. (not my photogram, a google pic)....

1.1297168235.barrilito-la-meilleure-bi-re-du-mexique.jpg

barilltio, i curse you weak ass mother ****er

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Natty light really isn't that bad. You just have to pound it. It's not a beer you have to sip and enjoy. The only way to enjoy it is by drinking a lot of them but I don't think you can say it tastes bad. It really doesn't taste like anything.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Wait. That sounds like an awesome bar. What's it called?

I especially like the prices haha and Bruce of course.

I'll tty about it when I get home

Tonight was interesting....was grindnig and doing other activities with some 30yr old married chick on stage...husband wasn't thrilled but whatevs she shouldnt have been dancing with herself and kept going when I joined :laugh:

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I'll tty about it when I get home

Tonight was interesting....was grindnig and doing other activities with some 30yr old married chick on stage...husband wasn't thrilled but whatevs she shouldnt have been dancing with herself and kept going when I joined :laugh:

and here i am a getting carded at the LCBO booze store at 37 with no wife and kids, i guess i have youthful face.

im single cause im picky... people say "get out more".......i say, "thanks for the tip. whens lunch man?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad