OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 197 Winter, comets, and Fios oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I dont think so. This kid's the real deal and nothing seems to bother him. I bet he doesn't shoot worse than 70 today, which wont help the chase pack much.

My brain agrees with you completely, but I'm really hoping for him to fall back some. You're right, it's boring like this.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Tiger cursing on air is so funny. Not what you would expect to hear given the surroundings.

Phil putting on some pressure.

Last edited:

kiwidevil

Didn't Sergio Garcia have a miracle two rounds to lead a major once then fall flat on Sunday to lose a 6 stroke lead or something? Those final pairings become a pressure cooker.

You can't consider anything Garcia do, be the norm. He is the biggest choker.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Tiger cursing on air is so funny. Not what you would expect to hear given the surroundings.

It's definitely what I'd expect. He's done it his entire career, the guy is trash, probably has the PGA record for most live F-bombs. In fact, (speculating here) were it any other player but Tiger, my guess is this would have been addressed years ago.

EDIT: Just realized I nailed Spieth's score. lol

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It's definitely what I'd expect. He's done it his entire career, the guy is trash, probably has the PGA record for most live F-bombs. In fact, (speculating here) were it any other player but Tiger, my guess is this would have been addressed years ago.

Oh I know. I just mean you don't expect it when watching golf. You expect to hear it in a hockey game or football, but it's surprising to hear it in golf, even from a guy who has a long history of it.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I've been to a fair number of golf events over the years and Tiger has obviously been a guy I've followed around several times. Dropping f-bombs has been the norm for him for years, especially after a bad hole when he's walking to the next and the cameras don't always catch it. I've heard several in that setting :laugh:

Most fun guy I've followed was John Daly

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
When using hfboards on your phone, do you guys use the desktop mode or mobile mode? I find I enjoy the desktop mode even though I have to zoom in and out.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Cant stand the mobile site.

Most mobile sites stink, to the point I dont even understand why most even have mobile sites.

Well the Masters is basically over after the first hole. Boring.

I've had it on all day while doing chores, wandering around, but not really paying attention.
Havent been into it at all this year given it's not a contest, similar to when Woods won in 1997.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Most mobile sites stink, to the point I dont even understand why most even have mobile sites.

I've had it on all day while doing chores, wandering around, but not really paying attention.
Havent been into it at all this year given it's not a contest, similar to when Woods won in 1997.

Even when Tiger was dominating he made it interesting. I appreciate what Spieth did, but he managed to make it pretty boring. First time in years I didn't bother to watch the end.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Even when Tiger was dominating he made it interesting. I appreciate what Spieth did, but he managed to make it pretty boring. First time in years I didn't bother to watch the end.

I tuned in to watch the pre-round telecast even and watched right up until about the 14th hole when it was clear Mickelson/Rose wasn't even going to challenge.

Spieth is a robot - I'm convinced.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I found a sports bar in Belize plastered in Maple Leaf memorabilia. At the end of the bar was an older gentleman filling out his NHL playoff bracket so sat next to him. He asked me where I was from and I told him New Jersey. The first words out of his mouth were "Kovalchuk is a piece of garbage". 15 beers later a beautiful friendship was forged.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
So the ETSY IPO is about to open, and it's indicating >100% at somewhere around $33 off the $16 pricing.

Whoever would have though that Wall Street would completely bamboozle a management team that claims "social responsibility" is more important to them than profit? How positively not shocking.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
people with hyphenated names have had the modern world work too much influence on your family

pick one, whichever sounds best ….no need to be doucgehbager

…..i really hate the world i live in.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
people with hyphenated names have had the modern world work too much influence on your family

pick one, whichever sounds best ….no need to be doucgehbager…..i really hate the world i live in.

Hyphenated names are obnoxious. I'd think twice about marrying a woman who demanded that, psychologically seems like a bad omen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad