OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 197 Winter, comets, and Fios oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Broke my chain mounting biking today. Luckily I wasn't somewhere too far away and it only took me 45mins to walk home.
Scanning the net for saddle bag with chain break tool, etc all loaded up, and of course, some spare master links. Whoops!

Mine broke on me last year riding across an intersection. Had to go back and pick up the chain when I made it to the sidewalk. Was using my road bike and luckily transit was nearby.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
8" to 10" of fresh snow today, and more like 12" in glades that hold it well. Probably my last day this year, but it was a great way to end the season.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
8" to 10" of fresh snow today, and more like 12" in glades that hold it well. Probably my last day this year, but it was a great way to end the season.

Where? Vermont?

Finally hit the Gorge this year. It was jammed packed with people yesterday. But managed to land 8 rainbows in 2 hours.

IMG_20150405_140828_490_zps5tu2erae.jpg

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I feel bad for hatchery fish. They look so pathetic compared to their wild counterparts.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I feel bad for hatchery fish. They look so pathetic compared to their wild counterparts.

Dull muted colors, clipped and beat up fins from the hatchery...yeah, they look so haggard.

But after this long winter those stockies were a welcomed sight.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Where? Vermont?

Yeah, northern Vermont. Skied 6 of the last 8 days, Smuggs, Stowe, Jay {eak, and Mad River Glen. Tired. Sad that ski season (for me) is now over, but I am excited to get out and do some trout fishing this weekend. Probably the SBRR, but I might hit a stocked pond. Only time I ever fish the stocked ponds is the first week or two of the season. It's peaceful, easy, and I've always figured those stockies will die the soonest.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Yeah, northern Vermont. Skied 6 of the last 8 days, Smuggs, Stowe, Jay {eak, and Mad River Glen. Tired. Sad that ski season (for me) is now over, but I am excited to get out and do some trout fishing this weekend. Probably the SBRR, but I might hit a stocked pond. Only time I ever fish the stocked ponds is the first week or two of the season. It's peaceful, easy, and I've always figured those stockies will die the soonest.
6 out of 8 days of skiing sounds pretty tiring to me.

Finding any seclusion on the South Branch might be a little tough for a couple of weeks but if you can get out during a week day it shouldn't be bad. The river is full of rainbows.

I'm a bit concerned that I didn't catch any wild fish. I almost always catch a few in the gorge. I really hope that Furunculosis didn't enter the waters last year.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Guy in Indiana just posted this pic - that's a smallmouth out of a small river in his back yard. That's crazy big compared to the rivers around me. Looks like it's time for a road trip.

Imagine that beast on a flyrod...

That is a gorgeous smallie...Did he post the weight? I'm guessing that is around 4&1/2 lbs?

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
he didn't mention weight but when the smallmouth looks like a largemouth - a really GOOD largemouth at that... yeah it's gotta be pushing 4-5 lbs.

Definitely a big fish, but he's also clearly mastered the Fisherman's art of forward camera presentation.

God that makes it harder to wait for Champlain... Nice smallie.

Just got back from up there, still a ton of ice from this cold winter. A friend of my gf's father caught a big laker through the ice 2 weeks ago. That tug must have felt a bit different from the typical perch they get ice fishing.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm off to try for permit one more time Saturday :) I doubt it but maybe this time they will cooperate?

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
A couple years back we were hitting smallies like that at dusk off an island in Champlain on topwaters. Man was that fun. We were on a 3lb. average, got a couple over 4 and one pushing 6.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Who else around here is a golf fan? Best time of year, masters this week then NHL playoffs next.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Who else around here is a golf fan? Best time of year, masters this week then NHL playoffs next.

I'm catching up on today's round between periods. Speith is putting on a show. I really liked seeing Tiger play that huge high cutting 9 iron from the rough. That was vintage Tiger.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I have to get on a plane to Belize in 12 hours and I'm drinking tequila. Probably not a good idea?

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Usually I am pinned to my couch all Masters weekend. Tomorrow I will go volunteer at a county park for a bit and then do some trout fishing.

Why?

Because Jordan Spieth is RUINING this Masters the same way Tiger Woods did about a dozen years ago. Thanks a lot Jordon, you selfish *******.

I'm drinking tequila. Probably not a good idea?

Drinking tequila is never a good idea.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I have a feeling Spieth will fall back to the pack a bit. It really doesn't look like it, but call it a gut feeling. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking...

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I have a feeling Spieth will fall back to the pack a bit. It really doesn't look like it, but call it a gut feeling. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking...

I dont think so. This kid's the real deal and nothing seems to bother him. I bet he doesn't shoot worse than 70 today, which wont help the chase pack much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad