OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 196 Fall to Winter (BLAH) Wait its Hockey Time!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Been hot and hazy but the Tetons are still gorgeous from the air.

IMG_20140702_122422_797_zps5b8db069.jpg

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
OK, last picture for a while... but this was pretty cool, 4th of July I'm fishing this pretty little stretch of the Henry's Fork and I have fish rising all around me. All of a sudden the fish disappeared and I hear the unmistakable scream of this guy...he is only about 30 feet above my head when I snapped the picture. I looked over at the people I was fishing with who were disappointed the eagle put the fish down and just said 'merica damnit!
10456077_510650559034931_7676071633021003331_n_zps0c524a07.jpg

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
max contract. I thought it was pretty obvious he was going back especially with all the rumors but at least it's finally done now.

Rockets fans also are having a blast because they get Bosh now.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
OK, last picture for a while... but this was pretty cool, 4th of July I'm fishing this pretty little stretch of the Henry's Fork and I have fish rising all around me. All of a sudden the fish disappeared and I hear the unmistakable scream of this guy...he is only about 30 feet above my head when I snapped the picture. I looked over at the people I was fishing with who were disappointed the eagle put the fish down and just said 'merica damnit!
10456077_510650559034931_7676071633021003331_n_zps0c524a07.jpg

not nearly as cool as Colbert's eagle.

QpYQgCI.gif

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
not nearly as cool as Colbert's eagle.

QpYQgCI.gif

I thought that was Maxwell Smart for a second.

But I'm seriously delirious. I have been awake for 34 straight hours now. It used to be easier a few years ago but I'm too old for this now.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Went to Coney Island for the first time earlier today.

Cyclone cost $9 to ride for one person. No thanks.

I honestly can't stand Coney Island, Brooklyn snobs swear by it but yuck IMO.

Also ESPN is hilarious right now. Got some twitter reactions from Johnny Football (of course) and they got the reporter in Miami and there is this big pile of smoke behind him and "he isn't sure if its a jersey fire" HAHA

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
wow chris bosh is going back to Miami. I thought it was a sure bet he was going to the rockets.

He really screwed them over. Now they have to match Parsons' offer sheet after dumping Lin and Asik for no reason lol.

This really opens the door for Melo to go to Miami. Not sure how much cap room they would have after Wade reups but Riley is definitely going to try to make it happen.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Also, I wouldn't expect Cleveland to be in the finals next season even after bringing back LeBron, especially if the reports are true about them not wanting to deal Wiggins or Waiters as part of a package to get Kevin Love. They'll be a very good team with LeBron, Irving, Wiggins, and whatever veterans they lure in but it will probably take at least another year for them to be a title contender.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
They were going to dump Lin regardless I think, but yeah he really screwed them over lol.

Cleveland should try to acquire Love without trading Wiggins but if push comes to shove they should deal Wiggins to the Wolves on the condition that Love signs a long term contract. When you have a player like Lebron you need to win now, Love is a top 10 player and only 25 years old and a trio of Love, Kyrie, and Lebron is a pretty good bet to get them to the finals.

Trading Wiggins would be a tough pill to swallow but they should be looking to win championships now not in 3 years.

where's "Melo" headed to ?
(not that I really care)
Knicks or Bulls.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He really screwed them over. Now they have to match Parsons' offer sheet after dumping Lin and Asik for no reason lol.

This really opens the door for Melo to go to Miami. Not sure how much cap room they would have after Wade reups but Riley is definitely going to try to make it happen.

Melo won't do it and deal with being Lebron's replacement. He wants to go to the Bulls, but he doesn't want to leave all that Knick money behind and the Knicks seem to refuse to do a sign and trade. So IDK what he does. If he really wants to win he leaves.

Bosh apparently had a verbal agreement with the Rockets so...oops. I can get it though, Rockets can't actually sign him yet. Lin deal has to finalize and they haven't even finished the Asik deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad