OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 193: Baby Names and Aruba Nights

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This is the first browser I can remember using.

SurferSpidey.gif

The first time I ever remember seeing the internet I was at this girl's place, and she had Prodigy.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
First search engine I remember using was Goto.com. Which later became overture.com.

First web broswer was American Online with those silly disks they'd always send in the mail but the first one I would use regularly was Juno.

Ah the days of free dialup! Haha.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
First web broswer was American Online with those silly disks they'd always send in the mail but the first one I would use regularly was Juno.

Oh jeez, that was an almost incessant mail barrage. You'd get them every few weeks. My roommate and I used them as coasters.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
first, there was really.

‘really? REALLY RIGHT NOW? REALLY???’

now, there’s ‘so’. to start off every single ****ing sentence. and not just ‘so, one thing we learned on this project was..’ nonono. instead it’s a loooong drawn out ‘sooooooooooooooooooooooo’

and not just about work stuff. I just overheard the convo:

‘so what kind of food do you feed (dogs name)?
‘sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo we fed him Purina for a while, but now we get him this organic chicken meat from whole foods’ or something stupid like that. you get the idea. kinda like the starting a sentence off with ‘I mean, ____’.

why are people like that? why do they always have to mimic expressions they like and use them until the public finally revolts and people get publicly shamed for doing so? don’t go there, am I right? talk to the hand, and all that noise? sometimes I feel like the only sane one. i wish these things didnt bother me so much, since it never seems to bother anyone else. I think george costanza and I would get along famously.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
first, there was really.

now, there’s ‘so’. to start off every single ****ing sentence. and not just ‘so, one thing we learned on this project was..’ nonono. instead it’s a loooong drawn out ‘sooooooooooooooooooooooo’

‘sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo we fed him Purina for a while, but now we get him this organic chicken meat from whole foods’ or something stupid like that. you get the idea. kinda like the starting a sentence off with ‘I mean, ____’.

why are people like that? why do they always have to mimic expressions they like and use them until the public finally revolts and people get publicly shamed for doing so? don’t go there, am I right? talk to the hand, and all that noise? sometimes I feel like the only sane one. i wish these things didnt bother me so much, since it never seems to bother anyone else. I think george costanza and I would get along famously.

We do the 'soooooo' thing a lot at work, but it's more of a running joke when I gotta talk with my team lead (because that's always due to an issue that I need help with).

Run into a wall with a solution I'm trying to come up with
:lean over:
"Soooooooooo Justin"

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
first, there was really.

So what's wrong with that exactly?

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Was he any good?

Speaking of beer...came across this article yesterday: http://www.thedailymeal.com/25-best-craft-breweries-america

Don't know, I was posting as we were waiting and it took longer than expected to get on the court and he had to get back to his room and had activities booked today, but said he'll likely play tomorrow with us

I imagine he'll be enthusiastic because just hanging around he was, you know how he is like that :laugh:, great guy

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
If you don't communicate like the rest of your tribe the problem is yours. The collective forges the norm, even if the the usage is annoying or incorrect... irregardless it ain't gonna change.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Misuse becomes correct when everyone does it. Bastardized words, common misuse and colloquialisms is the evolution of culture. Who are we to think we can stop it...I embrace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad