OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 193: Baby Names and Aruba Nights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
gratz cj! Marty McOwns has a nice ring to it

yeah i saw the pics he put up...did you get to speak with him?

unrelated, but is his daughter hot or something? hard to tell

Yea congrats to CJ

and nah haven't seen him yet, but little does he know how many people from Jersey come down here

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
So the site I report for is interviewing Courtney Love tomorrow. Pretty, pretty excited. Not a clue on what I'm going to ask since I gotta avoid Cobain questions but still...

Last edited:

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
Is Courtney Love even known for anything besides being married to Cobain? I know she's a "singer" and an "actress", but still...

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Well Hole was pretty popular for a long time if you are into that kind of music. Celebrity Skin was a really big album in the late nineties and she was in a few movies but the only one I know if was the World vs Larry Flint.

Without Hole, the marriage and having sex with the whose who of 90's alternative/grunge (Gavin Rossdale, Trent Reznor, Billy Corgan, Scott Weiland, and Kurt Cobain) known to man she'd known for nothing.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hole's early stuff wasn't that bad, but every time I think of her it ruins it for me.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Moving on friday my stuff to new apartment in my uni city.

Gonna choose a good record and do some packing

images

Ought to do the trick. :yo:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I hate how many people my age don't even know who Dave Mustaine is. :(

Don't know how old you are...But I bought "Killing Is My Business" when it first came out and most people my age don't know who Dave Mustaine is.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Got a chance to go to Lollapalooza, but I hardly know any of the bands playing. I figure it'd be a cool experience either way though.

Anyone have recommendations for who to check out?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I have a problem with guys/bands in their 50's and beyond who refuse to go away and still think they're rock stars...

I find it disturbing....Soon the Stones will sell out nursing homes...Go away!!! You look like the crypt keeper! It's horrible!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I have a problem with guys/bands in their 50's and beyond who refuse to go away and still think they're rock stars...

I find it disturbing....Soon the Stones will sell out nursing homes...Go away!!! You look like the crypt keeper! It's horrible!

I can only imagine what Mick Jagger sounds like live in 2013.

I remember about 10 years ago Bob Dylan needed something at live shows to doctor his voice.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

I remember about 10 years ago Bob Dylan needed something at live shows to doctor his voice.

But people still pay...so they'll keep doing it.

I honestly wonder if they would still do it for free?

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Ran into Daneyko waiting to play beach volleyball and we recruited him to play :laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
But people still pay...so they'll keep doing it.

I honestly wonder if they would still do it for free?
I wouldn't pay to see them. I wouldn't have even paid to see them back in 65 if I was alive!
Ran into Daneyko waiting to play beach volleyball and we recruited him to play :laugh:
Running into Dano on vacation in Aruba is pretty random!:laugh:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Jagger was on SNL at the end of the 2012 season, played with Arcade Fire, Foo Fighters and Jeff Beck. It was really good.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The President of the United State is 20 years younger than Mick Jagger....

Think about that for a second ...the implications are many and none are good.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
wow...

so you know Detroit's love for that Journey song "Don't Stop Believin'"?

Yeah took a midnight train going ANYWHERE because they wanted to get the hell out of there!

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=44556

You can buy HOUSES in Detroit for a few thousand dollars. A lot of internationals and some funds are buying basically on a lark for a high-risk high-reward segment of their portfolios.

I largely agree, with some exceptions. McCartney is 70 and still plays 3 hour shows with high-energy. Legend.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Took the tour of Dogfish Head's brewery today. Bought some bottles of 120 Minute IPA, among some other limited brews at the plant.

owvj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad