OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 190: Terrorists, Wild Trout, Microbeers, and Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
'Cause I look like a woman in my yearbook. I can't pull of the awesome burly look like others though. Maybe it can work for you if the beard matches.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
That new GE commercial is kindof creepy.

I'm not sure I understand the marketing strategy to tie your product in with the evil agents and "computers run the world" plot from The Matrix.

I've read it is the most counterfeited bill in the world.

It has to be. The USD is taken in more places than any other currency.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
'Cause I look like a woman in my yearbook. I can't pull of the awesome burly look like others though. Maybe it can work for you if the beard matches.

Most rock band musicians in the 1980's looked like women. You just missed the decade

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm thinking when we catch a terrorist we should use the judicial system of the their country of origin....

Because I would really like to see a good old fashioned stoning.

It would be awesome and we can Americanize it with commercials from Pepsi, Cheetos, and Go Daddy. We could do back stories of the criminal and the rock throwers and have the Rolling Stones do one of those weird montages of all their songs...In the weeks leading up to the stoning we can have a national draft where we can select the best throwers in the in the country and televise it on ESPN for 4 days.

I think it would be like the Superbowl meets the Coliseum.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey

I'm not sure I understand the marketing strategy to tie your product in with the evil agents and "computers run the world" plot from The Matrix.

I saw it for the first time this morning and thought to myself, "What the **** was that?"

It's creepy, alludes to some really weird **** that I don't want to think about, and is based on a movie that is from well over a decade ago at this point.

Probably not the greatest marketing strategy ever. However, the completeness of the spot, right down to the lollipop choice at the end was nice.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I saw it for the first time this morning and thought to myself, "What the **** was that?"

It's creepy, alludes to some really weird **** that I don't want to think about, and is based on a movie that is from well over a decade ago at this point.

Probably not the greatest marketing strategy ever. However, the completeness of the spot, right down to the lollipop choice at the end was nice.

Best Youtube comment I saw on there:

*waits for Dr. Hannibal Lecter in a Olive Garden Ad*

On the topic of commercials, if you're one of the few who hasn't seen it...

I hadn't seen that. Tacky and dumb, but then I guess that means it just might work in their case.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought this.

Not only that, but instead of just a matrix-like agent that would connote the idea they are masters of the code, they pick the agent that runs rogue and tries to overthrow both man and the machines. Horrible execution on a bad concept.

I can only imagine the Wachowskis laughing their butts off when they got the check for rights to use the matrix brand.

On the topic of commercials, if you're one of the few who hasn't seen it...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

the drawers line got me.

At least I understand the logic behind this one - it's to get you to discuss it and hope it goes viral. See, we're doing it right now.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Not only that, but instead of just a matrix-like agent that would connote the idea they are masters of the code, they pick the agent that runs rogue and tries to overthrow both man and the machines. Horrible execution on a bad concept.

Exactly. And all with the scary Matrix horror movie music in the background while you're promoting your product?

All that commercial does is illogically make me somehow think that GE's computer intelligence healthcare products are freaking evil.

<---- Personally guarantees the spot gets pulled

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Well my camera should arrive today which is great because the weather is amazing. Unfortunately 1. Who the hell knows what time it will get here and 2. I have to be here for it because the seller had them require a signature for it. So now I have to wait around for it. Hope it gets here early.

Also got a new fish for my tank today. It's acclimating now. From California to PA in one night. Hell of a trip that fish went on.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Well my camera should arrive today which is great because the weather is amazing. Unfortunately 1. Who the hell knows what time it will get here and 2. I have to be here for it because the seller had them require a signature for it. So now I have to wait around for it. Hope it gets here early.

Also got a new fish for my tank today. It's acclimating now. From California to PA in one night. Hell of a trip that fish went on.

My deliveries seem to always get here around 3:00pm

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Ive done the whole no cut no shave thing. Its not worth it. in the winter its nice ice freezing in your beard and still warm. however in the summer it feeks like a heating pad is smothering your face.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The one from the ocean to California was probably worse!

Actually I believe this fish was aquacultured, but I'm not sure. I try to get aquacultured livestock whenever possible, and only deal with places that know the origin of their fish and the capture methods used if the livestock is wild caught to make sure it is all done following regulations.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
That is usually a good pairing with anything :)

Just ordered these jumbo size ice cube trays. Should make my bourbon look cooler if nothing else.

yhst-129729882621805_2260_42916991

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad