OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 187: Snow and Beer Unite!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That blows. I was in FL for Christmas for that. I miss all the good storms.

NWS predictions for Hunterdon County

Late last night 10 - 14
This morning 8 - 10
Midday 6 - 8
Early evening 3 - 7
Now 1 - 3

Well done National Weather Service, well done.

You function about as well as every other branch of the US Government.

Bonus points for forecasting today as "bright, clear, sunny skies" for the entire eastern seaboard until only about 48 - 60 hours ago.

This storm has a really sharp cut off line with the light and heavy snow. It is hard to predict dry patches too. Western Jersey and PA really got jipped with the track on this one. On the flip side parts of Long Island are getting buried as is CT.

Just a nice, nasty snow storm here. No thunder snow, though I heard some places are getting some.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This storm has a really sharp cut off line with the light and heavy snow. It is hard to predict dry patches too. Western Jersey and PA really got jipped with the track on this one.

Yes, and I'm pizzed off from being the one that's getting snowboned.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Only about 5 more inches expected for where I am.

Which would make it a total of 6 inches on the entire day. :rant:

15483348510374153688916.png

Officer Rod Farva

Pump is Life
Feb 12, 2010
Anybody know how the roads in PA are, was suppossed to head out there this morning. Had to stay home because my grandfather had to go to the hospital by the time everything was fine with him it wasway too late to start driving. Hope to get up there sometime tomorrow

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Looking at the accumulation on the porch, I think we're over a foot of snow here. They're saying blizzard conditions until 5 am too.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Looking at the accumulation on the porch, I think we're over a foot of snow here. They're saying blizzard conditions until 5 am too.

I'm impressed that you still have power.

In NJ, I'm pretty sure PSE&G relies on gerbils on (non-stainless steel) hamster wheels.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

In NJ, I'm pretty sure PSE&G relies on gerbils on (non-stainless steel) hamster wheels.

The outages are all in the southeast corner of the state. We're fine up here so far. Essentially the same pattern of outages as for Sandy.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

If PSE&G uses gerbils what the hell does LIPA use?

Seems still a hefty amount of snow for my area over night. Most definitely not nice out. Took a walk , footprints were gone in like 15 mins. Getting close to half a foot it seems. Definitely not going to touch the numbers Saugus will be seeing.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Maybe we in west and northwest NJ wont get totally snowboned afterall. This is is CRAWLING east at this point, and there's some backloading going on as well.

85816148511365153589877.jpg

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Maybe we in west and northwest NJ wont get totally snowboned afterall. This is is CRAWLING east at this point, and there's some backloading going on as well.

85816148511365153589877.jpg

I saw that was to be expected, why the heavier snow for me and NYC was going to come way later, though we have had a decent amount so far. That backloading should give you the 4-5 inches you are missing.

I can't attest for the road conditions in PA, and it really depends where in PA, but looking at the amounts the roads should definitely be passable, especially major ones. Just drive carefully. It is still miserable out there, and the roads will be real slick. Lots of ice and sleet fell so everything is real slick. I know in the unplowed parts there is a nasty layer of ice under all the snow. Great way to fall.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It definitely got colder outside, still coming down and the wet stuff is freezing to. Very lovely outside. I think I've frolicked in the snow enough for one night.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
I usually like to go for a walk in the snow... but my boots are thoroughly soaked through. First time that's happened, but it was a hell of a commute out of the city today.

No going outside for me til i have some dry boots again :(

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Yea it's picked up and is coming down pretty steady by me

Went out with my dad before to clear some of the stuff to lighten tomorrows work load and it was 4 inches then, now all of that is pretty much covered so we're at 7-8 inches so far

Zubrus Coffee Maker

Blinded by my Zubrus
Nov 14, 2008
Cobourg, ON
one of my buddies just dropped Conacher in my fantasy league. We value PIM's fairly well, so should i drop Marchand for him? or Parenteau?

Also, snow. right?

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Its snowing outside?

Not being Canadian, I dont know what to do.

Help me, Canada, youre my only hope.

Praxibetel Ix

Jan 31, 2013
Newfoundland, Canada
Its snowing outside?

Not being Canadian, I don't know what to do.

Help me, Canada, you''re my only hope.

This being from a first poster as well a (drunk on Molson and The Club) Canadian; just walking home through the snow; I felt like I needed to inform you that all you need is a snowblower, or a shovel(preferable if the honey-do list is a time chart) It's all No Big Deal, if it was Tuesday oh Shi.t.. but it's Saturday. IT's gonna get snowy but don't run to the kwik-e-mart for tp or soup, it'll alll be cool in a day, maybe 2 if its that bad

We have a nor'easter of around 40-60 cm of(1.2 - 2.0 ft)snow (possibly) related to (or at least similar to) yours, coming up tomorrow or sunday, just chill, count canned foods and see which home dwellers intake the least calories.
Judge accordingly

Last edited:

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Had a dream last night that my username change from Capt Zachy Poo to Brycey Poo turned into Capt Spashy Poo. Oh what a nightmare..

Unless its a sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad