OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 187: Snow and Beer Unite!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
OK, I have really quit drinking ...or at least regular drinking. So I decide hell it's Friday and I'm going to treat myself to a 6 pack.

So I stopped in this dingy ass liquor store and look for a decent 6 pack to relax with and enjoy my Friday evening. The only thing I see that somewhat interest me is Sam Adams Latitude 48. I figure what the hell,nothing special but not bad for a Friday night of chillin.

I get home relax on the couch for a little,I set up my fly tying stuff and get ready to hunker down for a nice night. I crack open a beer and pour it into my favorite Trout Unlimited pint glass...out comes a golden beautiful beer followed by chunks. It looked like somebody shot a giant load in my beer...I was like Wtf is this!!! I look on the side of the the bottle and it says best before June 2012...damnit. So I have no beer and I can't tie flies without it. And I'm not happy.

What disgrace of a liquor store sold you expired beer? I'm upset on your behalf, that is heresy.

It's slightly juvenile (kind of) .. but I opted for some hot chocolate + peppermint schnapps after a hellish journey back home.

No shame, it's so good right now.

Can't knock Schnapps. Sounds like a good choice.

MountainGoat

its funny watching American news, "Blizzard 2013" you call a few inches of snow a blizzard? not allowed to leave your homes for 48 hours wtf lol, don't ever come to Canada during our winters

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
its funny watching American news, "Blizzard 2013" you call a few inches of snow a blizzard? not allowed to leave your homes for 48 hours wtf lol, don't ever come to Canada during our winters

That's American news for you... Fear mongers. Different models have been from 3 inches to 3 feet, but the fear of 3 feet is what spurs people to watch the news and keep that all relevant. So stupid. But better to be over prepared I suppose.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
It's not a few inches, we're expecting up to 2 feet of snow overnight. Still not much compared to winter in Canada, but that's nothing to sneeze at either.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
It's not a few inches, we're expecting up to 2 feet of snow overnight. Still not much compared to winter in Canada, but that's nothing to sneeze at either.

My friend says she's skeptical about it because the news just over exaggerates, but News12 always did good by me when I lived in NJ.

MountainGoat

That's American news for you... Fear mongers. Different models have been from 3 inches to 3 feet, but the fear of 3 feet is what spurs people to watch the news and keep that all relevant. So stupid. But better to be over prepared I suppose.

my wife and I were getting a kick out of it, they had some reporter standing outside with snow up to his shoe laces and he's warning people not to go outside or you can get fined... I can go outside right now and the snow is up to my waste, kids walk to school everyday in this ****

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Canadians seem to have this preoccupation with survival and being able to best the elements. I think it's endearing, and it sort of defines your national character. You tell a Canadian about harsh weather, and he says "oh, we can handle that, no problem."

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Low, only like 30 a guy. Cause we were drinking beer outside. Then using the rest room, watching TV and warning up inside.

I dont care if you're in Hudson Bay, Canada, 2 feet+ in one shot is no joke.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
@ Benedict Remember in the end of 2010? I got stuck in Newark for 2 days after that. Wasn't fun. I underestimated it and went to the game.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Canadians seem to have this preoccupation with survival and being able to best the elements. I think it's endearing, and it sort of defines your national character. You tell a Canadian about harsh weather, and he says "oh, we can handle that, no problem."

It's a front.

Go to Edmonton in winter, there's nobody outside. Montreal build tunnels UNDER the entire friggin' downtown so you dont have to walk outside in the winter.

I see what you did there Canada, and you're not foolin' me!

@ Benedict Remember in the end of 2010? I got stuck in Newark for 2 days after that. Wasn't fun. I underestimated it and went to the game.

A snowstorm you got caught in?

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Snow bands approaching FOUR INCHES PER HOUR are entering central CT right now. Almost time for Saugus to kill his first squirrel.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
It's a front.

Go to Edmonton in winter, there's nobody outside. Montreal build tunnels UNDER the entire friggin' downtown so you dont have to walk outside in the winter.

I see what you did there Canada, and you're not foolin' me!

A snowstorm you got caught in?
Yeah it was the night of December 26th, 2010, NJ/NYC areas got nailed pretty bad. My friend had an extra ticket to Prudential Center. We took NJT early as we know weather was coming but didn't know we were gonna get hammered that much to where we spent 2 nights in the train station.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
It's getting windy outside. Blizzard conditions approaching.

No squirrels for me, I have plenty of food.

MountainGoat

gonna go bring my dog for a walk around the block, hopefully I make it back alive

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Yeah it was the night of December 26th, 2010, NJ/NYC areas got nailed pretty bad. My friend had an extra ticket to Prudential Center. We took NJT early as we know weather was coming but didn't know we were gonna get hammered that much to where we spent 2 nights in the train station.

That blows. I was in FL for Christmas for that. I miss all the good storms.

What a wimpy storm so far...

NWS predictions for Hunterdon County

Late last night 10 - 14
This morning 8 - 10
Midday 6 - 8
Early evening 3 - 7
Now 1 - 3

Well done National Weather Service, well done.

You function about as well as every other branch of the US Government.

Bonus points for forecasting today as "bright, clear, sunny skies" for the entire eastern seaboard until only about 48 - 60 hours ago.

battlingBard56

May 30, 2011
Union County, NJ
I'm twenty three years old and rapidly realizing that petty *******s don't go away with adulthood. :rant: Not even when they're near thirty and should be over acting on their insecurity.
Not that I'm any better for feeling really pissed off and needing to rant about it. But dammit, idiots piss me off!
Sorry guys. Ugh... =[

Devilswiss

Feb 11, 2010
Lucerne
my wife and I were getting a kick out of it, they had some reporter standing outside with snow up to his shoe laces and he's warning people not to go outside or you can get fined... I can go outside right now and the snow is up to my waste, kids walk to school everyday in this ****

So true, I'm currently in New York and am truly amazed by these reports.
They're showing guys driving on the Highway when theres a little snow and warn people to be careful.
Appears pretty funny to me. You know what we call that in Switzerland: just another day in winter. :D

Seriously as they probably aren't as prepared for that much snow as they are in Switzerland, I hope NJ Transit runs tomorrow so I can get to the Rock. Also hope I will be able to take my flight Sunday.

Oroku Saki*

KILL? Me?! Oh you are priceless rat. I am eternal child.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
I got pretty bored earlier. Decided to shovel parts of my driveway and drink (heavily) just to kill time. Greatest. Idea. Ever. The shoveling was pretty iffy, but the drinking outside and toasting towards the town's plow trucks every time they drove by was a good time.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Coventry, CT has ONE FOOT of snow in 90 minutes.

That's 8" per hour or 1 inch of snow in 7.5 minutes. Head Explodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad