OT: The Thread About Nothing CCX: Pet Emporium

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
i did something similar, i had 10 minutes to catch a connecting flight at o’hare, and it was a marathon walk/run, i just barely made it

This ALWAYS happens at Detroit. My connections are always on opposite ends of concourses A and C.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
You either dont fly very much, or have led an amazingly, statistically improbably, charmed life.

Literally, the worst airport for that in all of America.

This is the worst airport in the U.S. for delayed flights

I fly a good amount, I've never had a problem at Newark and 64% isn't good but I also usually fly out on the earliest flight possible so if there's a 6am flight then I'll be on it. I don't have any stats to back it up but I'm guessing that's part of the reason I have less issues.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
You either dont fly very much, or have led an amazingly, statistically improbably, charmed life.

Literally, the worst airport for that in all of America.

This is the worst airport in the U.S. for delayed flights
The top 4 are subject to extreme weather conditions quite frequently, as is JFK at #8.

The fact that LAX, ATL, CTL, and DFW are also on the list just goes to show that some of the busiest airports in the world just so happen to have the most delays.

So I'm going to guess he flies as much as he likes and the most likely scenario is that his airlines (united?) do ok with their schedules out of EWR.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Newark sucks, LaGuardia sucks, JFK is just annoying for me to get to so that sucks too. LAX sucks, Orlando sucks, Dallas sucks, most airports suck. Haven't been to Chicago, Charlotte, or Atlanta to comment.

I do, however, like Tampa, Ft Lauderdale, Salt Lake City, Denver, Philly, and Vegas. All fairly easy to get around and have had little amounts of lines in my experience.

I don't need all the dumb amenities like Newark is adding. I don't need the airport to be boujee like Newark has become. Give me a f***in Hudson news or some chain restaurant and a place to sit and charge my phone and im good. Don't need to eat $50 steaks in one of the more unclean places on the planet

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
All this talk of American airports yet no mention of the shittiest ones in the world.

I nominate Madrid. Actually, I know it's Madrid. By far and away the foulest experience I've ever had, including numerous developing countries.

Milan is a relatively close 2nd.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Denver International sucks. It's too big and it's hard to get around there.

Can't stand that airport.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Denver International sucks. It's too big and it's hard to get around there.

Can't stand that airport.

I've never had an issue there. It isn't that hard to get around in. The only problem I have is the weird murals illustrating totalitarianism, murder, and genocide lol

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Does anyone actually like sesame seeds on their rolls & bagels?

I've never been at a bakery with someone who, out of the bins with 12 to 20 different bagel choices asked for a sesame seed bagel.

And whenever I've been somewhere where someone arrived with a box of a dozen or 2 dozen variety / grab bag of bagels, which in the corporate world happens all-the-time, the sesame seed bagel(s) is always left at the end.

I dont get it.

#CrucialQuestionsThatNeedAnswers

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn

I've never been at a bakery with someone who, out of the bins with 12 to 20 different bagel choices asked for a sesame seed bagel.

And whenever I've been somewhere where someone arrived with a box of a dozen or 2 dozen variety / grab bag of bagels, which in the corporate world happens all-the-time, the sesame seed bagel(s) is always left at the end.

I dont get it.

It's a conspiracy funded by Big Floss.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
So Xanadu is unironically set to actually open. What I feel they should do is tear down CAA and, as soulless as this sounds, is make it a parking lot for Xanadu because trying to park there might prove to be a giant pain in the ass.

Although, the selfish side of me wishes we would have had torn down CAA and put Prudential Center when CAA's site would have been so we could of had three active venues going at the same time, not unlike what you have over in Philadelphia. Although, this might of proven to been a logistical nightmare.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
So Xanadu is unironically set to actually open. What I feel they should do is tear down CAA and, as soulless as this sounds, is make it a parking lot for Xanadu because trying to park there might prove to be a giant pain in the ass.

Although, the selfish side of me wishes we would have had torn down CAA and put Prudential Center when CAA's site would have been so we could of had three active venues going at the same time, not unlike what you have over in Philadelphia. Although, this might of proven to been a logistical nightmare.

I'm so happy the Devils got out of the Meadowlands so I never have to go there on a routine basis. I prefer everything about Newark over the Meadowlands.

When it comes to the mall they are calling the American Dream now I could see it being either a complete success or an absolute failure lol

I know social media and online stuff is hard to gauge opinions on things but this thing seems to be universally hated by everyone in the area. Once the initial curiosity dies down I'm curious to see how it does. I'm just not sure you're going to have tourists visiting NYC use one of their vacation days to go to this.

Reactions: New Jersey

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com

Hah, I'm of the view that everything east of Route 120 should have been razed and returned to the nature and the swamp once the Devils and Nets made clear that they were leaving.

Literally no one has ever attended an event at the Meadowlands and said, "Hey, you know what this place needs? A mall!"

With that said, I'll probably go and check it out just to say I've actually been inside this place that I've passed by for the better part of two decades now.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Reactions: Satans Hockey

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ

I dont get it.

My girlfriend only eats sesame seed bagels. Idk man, f***in weird

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Hah, I'm of the view that everything east of Route 120 should have been razed and returned to the nature and the swamp once the Devils and Nets made clear that they were leaving.

Literally no one has ever attended an event at the Meadowlands and said, "Hey, you know what this place needs? A mall!"

With that said, I'll probably go and check it out just to say I've actually been inside this place that I've passed by for the better part of two decades now.

Maybe. But that place is more than just a mall. It's an attraction. If you look at it as just a mall akin to say, Willowbrook or Short Hills or Jersey Gardens, obviously you won't see it as just a mall. But this is more or less a monstrous theme park that has a mall inside of it. Correct me if I'm wrong, it's actually supposed to be bigger than Palisades, King of Prussia, and Mall of America. So it's a tourist attraction - for better or worse. I definitely am gonna check it out once everything opens. I can't believe they actually managed to get everything together and pull it off. It seemed like a never ending joke at one point.

To your original point, having a giant swamp, next to Giants stadium which will always be in use (unless they make the next one decades down the road in NY) would seem a bit off. It just would make sense to be to try and get the most out of the land since it was already built upon rather than try to go back because they MetLife becomes this big eyesore.

You can argue that they should have never built on that land to begin with but that veers into a whole different argument entirely.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
When it comes to the mall they are calling the American Dream now I could see it being either a complete success or an absolute failure lol

Failure.

They're opening one of the largest malls in America precisely when malls are failing & retail sales are increasingly moving online.

When they started the blueprints for this mall, Ulysses S. Grant was the president, and a gigantically massive mall seemed like a great idea.

Reactions: Billdo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad