OT: The Thread About Nothing CCX: Pet Emporium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I think the same could be said of every band that stays around long enough. I always said the first two Clash albums (and maybe half of London Calling) are better than anything the Sex Pistols ever did, but everything the Sex Pistols ever did (which was very little) was much better than anything the Clash did post-London Calling. The Sex Pistols weren't around long enough to put out awful albums.

Bad Religion still put out good music, but even they have several clunkers and unlistenable songs on almost every record they've put out since the Gray Race and they also released at least two putrid albums in the late 90's, before Gurewitz came back and one in 2010 that was miserable.
Saw Bad Religion in Asbury over the summer. They still sound surprisingly great live even if they aren't my favorite.

That being said, the crowd - of any age - was having none of anything they wrote after 2000. They noticed, commented on it, then went on to blaze through recipe for hate, stranger than fiction, no control, etc.

It's pretty much the same story for every epitaph related band that's hung around.

It also seems to be a very punk rock thing. There's only so much you can do with 3 chords and a shout. Plenty of other genre's have received the same fate unfortunately. Just as plenty of other bands that were big (or at least good) in the 90's are still churning out solid records today - or at least somewhat recently.

Reactions: Bleedred

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I bet he's not eve a lawyer, but, if he is, in Canada couldn't that cost you your job if someone got it on camera?

well it wouldnt be me seeing as i dont own a cell phone/camera device

…it was quite the scene he brought upon everyone…..what f***ing walking garbage….a schizoid (for lack of a better term right now)

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Saw Bad Religion in Asbury over the summer. They still sound surprisingly great live even if they aren't my favorite.

That being said, the crowd - of any age - was having none of anything they wrote after 2000. They noticed, commented on it, then went on to blaze through recipe for hate, stranger than fiction, no control, etc.

It's pretty much the same story for every epitaph related band that's hung around.

It also seems to be a very punk rock thing. There's only so much you can do with 3 chords and a shout. Plenty of other genre's have received the same fate unfortunately. Just as plenty of other bands that were big (or at least good) in the 90's are still churning out solid records today - or at least somewhat recently.
I just saw them last month down here by me. I'd say that I like about half their songs off their last 3-4 albums (probably less than that from the Dissent Of Man, that one was pretty weak) and I like almost all of Process Of Belief and Empire Strikes First. I don't like No Substance or New America at all. Hated those albums when they were new, and I can't stand them now.

One thing that bums me out about Bad Religion after Brian Baker joined the band and especially after Gurewitz came back (although I'd also say they got much better again after he got back) was that Greg Hetson had some of the cooler guitar solos, but then Baker played most of them after Gurewitz left and he joined (in the early days, Hetson and Gurewitz seemed to split solos 50/50) and then they released some awful albums and when they got good again, Gurewitz came back and Hetson barely played on any of the songs on those albums anymore. Struck a Nerve is a really cool song because it has the Hetson solo in the middle and a Gurewitz outro solo.

This is one of my favorite songs by them and probably one of the more underrated ones and it's off Process Of Belief.

It's very easy to tell a Brian Baker solo on any Bad Religion song, because they sound like a metal solo. Like in this one.

This is my absolute favorite Bad Religion song, but according to their setlists on the BR Page, they haven't even played this one live since 1999.

You can always tell a Gurewitz solo, because he either uses a lot of effects (Slumber, Struck a Nerve, Sorrow, just to name a few) or there's just a lot of warbling, like on this one.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Very interesting. The bullpop rifle seems interesting, but im guessing they are going to go with the Sig Sauer. That Textron rifle looks pretty bulky

Sig definitely played it the safest with the design, which may have been smart as there's be very little additional training involved for all current military. The bullpup design to me is reminiscent of the Israeli Tavor. It'll be interesting what they decide.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm getting pretty tired of airports....

I do not know how people fly all over the place. It's exhausting.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Depends entirely on the airport(s) involved.

If you fly to & from majors like JFK, LGA, EWR, ATL, ORD, etc... then yes, it's horrible.

But I find if you fly tiny airports like ABE, SFB, BTV, etc... it's actually delightful, I feel like it's a private jet, just with more people. LOL

When I fly to Orlando, I'll actually gladly pay $30 or $40 more per ticket to fly ABE-SFB than EWR-MCO. The check-in & security lines at these little airports rarely exceed 5 minutes! Parking is usually really close & cheap too.

Reactions: tr83

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

If you fly to & from majors like JFK, LGA, EWR, ATL, ORD, etc... then yes, it's horrible.

But I find if you fly tiny airports like ABE, SFB, BTV, etc... it's actually delightful, I feel like it's a private jet, just with more people. LOL

When I fly to Orlando, I'll actually gladly pay $30 or $40 more per ticket to fly ABE-SFB than EWR-MCO. The check-in & security lines at these little airports rarely exceed 5 minutes! Parking is usually really close & cheap too.

Sitting at ABE now. I always try to fly from the smallest airports. But it's different when you are flying for work. It's usually quick trips on tight timelines. Running to connecting flights, finding your rental car, getting to the hotel late to be up early the next morning, driving all over unfamiliar places to facilities to meet people you have only ever interacted with through email, being there for a couple hours then driving back to the airport, back through security and back home in a span of a day an a half or two days. It's just a lot.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

I've found that having tsa precheck makes all the difference in the world for myself. I don't even show up until an hour before boarding anymore, maybe even later if I'm not checking bags(which I always try to avoid)

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I've found that having tsa precheck makes all the difference in the world for myself. I don't even show up until an hour before boarding anymore, maybe even later if I'm not checking bags(which I always try to avoid)

Yup. It's a must. Last trip I took I was running super late. Granted I was going through ABE, but I got there 10 minutes before I was supposed to board. Got to my gate with 6 minutes left till board. Precheck was the key factor.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

do you have to qualify for that somehow? or you just apply for it? i only fly 1-2 times per year, but i’d love to do it

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I've picked up 2 people on separate days at LGA this week.

They should have firebombed that place and built from scratch instead of this trash bag reno they're trying to pull off.

And there's no excuse for there not to be a train link. It's a f***ing disgrace in 2019.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
do you have to qualify for that somehow? or you just apply for it? i only fly 1-2 times per year, but i’d love to do it
I did it this year, filled out an online form(s), they responded in a day or two and said "you're OK" then went to a building in White Plains NY, they took my picture and my credit card payment. Its awesome when going through big airports, I just breeze through and see all the people waiting (with their shoes off !!!), sometimes I go through with the pilots etc. The only thing to remember is, if you travel with people, they have to go through the slow way unless they got the precheck too. I guess you can hit the bar and wait for them if they dont have pre-check !!!

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

My wife and I drove to BWI to go to New Orleans. That was a nice. Stay the night at a hotel, free parking, free breakfast, and a free shuttle to and from the airport. Its not nearly as crowded now that DC types fly out of Reagan Intl.

Atlantic City was fabulous when Spirit was a tiny outfit running shuttles to Florida.

$6/day to park. No lines for security. A bar upstairs. So easy.

Now its like $20/day to park. Lines are long. It sucks.

LGA needs to be carpet bombed out of existence. While they're at it, carpet bomb the Van Wyck and the Belt Parkway and start from scratch.

Has anyone flown out of Trenton-Mercer?

Last edited:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I just walked a mile to get from my landing gate at Detroit to my connecting gate :laugh: Literally as far apart from each other as possible.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Has anyone flown out of Trenton-Mercer?

I have, it's a pleasure. Parking is right out front unless it's really crowded then it's just a mile down the road and there's a shuttle and it's basically one waiting room to get on the planes and then you walk on the tarmac to get on the plane lol

That being said if Newark is around the same price I always try to fly out of there instead simply because I never have problems there.

I also like Philadelphia too, that Newark and Trenton are my main 3. JFK would have to be a ridiculously cheap deal and I'll drive before I ever fly out of Laguardia.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I just walked a mile to get from my landing gate at Detroit to my connecting gate :laugh: Literally as far apart from each other as possible.

i did something similar, i had 10 minutes to catch a connecting flight at o’hare, and it was a marathon walk/run, i just barely made it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad