OT: The Thread About Nothing CCX: Pet Emporium

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Is there a name?

They hung a sign about 2 weeks ago, I cant recall the name, but it has a water or nautical theme. It's going into the longtime empty space next to Metropolitan Seafood (a Scott Stevens favorite). They put the tanks in last week, so I'm guessing they're fairly close to being able to brew.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
They hung a sign about 2 weeks ago, I cant recall the name, but it has a water or nautical theme. It's going into the longtime empty space next to Metropolitan Seafood (a Scott Stevens favorite). They put the tanks in last week, so I'm guessing they're fairly close to being able to brew.

I know exactly where that is and I will definitely check it out. My wife and I almost bought a house off of Cokesbury Rd. about 10 years ago.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I see this Althea internet is coming to New Jersey. Is this thing going to take off, or is it crappy speeds? Apparently it will be significantly cheaper than Xfinity, etc....

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I must be lucky...I don't really get bad hangovers unless I really go over board or mix a lot of stuff. Too much wine is rough the next day. Maybe I am just pickled.

bad hangovers? bah …. i cant count them on one hand and still have fingers left …..its like some sort of superpower

Reactions: Aethon

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I see this Althea internet is coming to New Jersey. Is this thing going to take off, or is it crappy speeds? Apparently it will be significantly cheaper than Xfinity, etc....

Possibly both. It's last-mile mesh networking. That's a mouthful. Let's explain.

Right now, you probably live in a neighborhood with powerlines and telephone poles. Each house has lines connecting it to these lines. Your internet comes from the regional provider (Xfinity, etc.) and goes down these lines in to each house.

What Althea does is take internet from a regional provider and shoot it to one location, probably one house. The Althea router in that house then wirelessly shoots internet to other houses with Althea routers, creating one network of neighborhood houses talking to one another, sharing bandwidth. Think of your network at home: you have a router and a bunch of devices connected to it - your laptop, phone, TV, etc. Now make it neighborhood sized.

The explain it a little more here: Althea

It has incredible utility in rural areas with less telephony infrastructure. Not so much in suburbia, except that it should be cheaper. Likely slower than Xfinity and others (Wireless, afterall), but still faster than 56k or DSL.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Drink lots of water before bed. Your hangover severity will be reduced significantly. Not just a bottle either. Usually like 4 or 5 bottles will do. Also helps if your stomach is empty of food.

Reactions: tr83

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I drink lots of water throughout the day...Maybe that why I don't get hangovers? I carry a 32oz Nalgene bottle with me everywhere and I usually fill it 3 or 4 times a day.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I just bought a Sumosys Model700 and I am pretty damn excited about it. I've been waiting for a system like this that includes basically every game ever since they started making these retro consoles.

Yeah, this was a worthwhile investment. Just spent some time playing Zero Wing, Battletoads, Hit the Ice, Sonic 2, Streets of Rage, The Blue Marlin, among many other games. This thing is amazing. I'm excited to play the first couple Fire Emblems, the original Final Fantasy and Earthbound.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Watching Hallmark Channel movie scene supposedly at Fulton Station in lower Manhattan.

It's almost all white people, everyone's dressed preppy, it's clean, no beggars, and everyone's smiling & happy. Literally the least realistic NYC subway depiction I've ever seen in my life.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
My friend a couple years ago introduced me to vodka + water + a bit of real lemon juice to give it a kick + lime + slices of cucumbee

Don't remember last time I had a hangover, except when drinking beer

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Watching Hallmark Channel movie scene supposedly at Fulton Station in lower Manhattan.

It's almost all white people, everyone's dressed preppy, it's clean, no beggars, and everyone's smiling & happy. Literally the least realistic NYC subway depiction I've ever seen in my life.

They redid the whole thing a few years ago with that whole Occulus project. It's like a high-end shopping mall now.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Yeah, this was a worthwhile investment. Just spent some time playing Zero Wing, Battletoads, Hit the Ice, Sonic 2, Streets of Rage, The Blue Marlin, among many other games. This thing is amazing. I'm excited to play the first couple Fire Emblems, the original Final Fantasy and Earthbound.

You got a link to this thing? I'm interested.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
On another note, I don't know if there is an athlete I hate more than Lebron. I cannot stand that self centered, egomaniacal, bag of dicks.

Reactions: Patrik26

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
On another note, I don't know if there is an athlete I hate more than Lebron. I cannot stand that self centered, egomaniacal, bag of dicks.

This quote is all you need to know about LeBron just spewing shit for the sake of spewing shit. He's just another stupid f***ing moron me, me, me athelete.

"When I came back, I knew I had the right ingredients and the right blueprint to help this franchise get back to a place that we've never been. That's what it was all about."

WTF? "....back to a place that we've never been."

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
LeBron doesn't know much about political prisoners going missing and their organs being farmed for the highest bidders. I can forgive him for his legendary ignorance.

The amazing part of this particular ignorance is, here you have a guy with absolutely no education or trained skills in anything (I'm not counting basketball), telling a highly successful guy with an MBA concentrated in statistics from MIT that he's a "misinformed" person who doesn't understand the subject. The arrogance is mind-blowing. I'm gonna' go out on a limb & guess a LeBron James vs. Daryl Morey "battle of the wits" would be Bambi vs. Godzilla. I'd pay $49.99 for that Pay-Per-View trivia contest for charity.

bambi_meets_godzilla_9215.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad