OT: The Thread About Nothing CCX: Pet Emporium

Status
Not open for further replies.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
NJ owners Josh Harris and David Blitzer say they have committed to paying hourly/event staff for postponed @NJDevils games and Prudential Center events. “Employees are family...It’s important to band together and lift each other up during these times.”

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Important press conference at 3PM, either the market rips or goes to shit.... I'm still buying

Pretty sure this is the single biggest one-day up move in the history of the stock market. Day traders love this.

Working IT in a university that sent 50,000+ students (And thousands of faculty, many of whom may never have used a computer before) to remote online instruction, before then telling thousands of employees to work from home, over the course of a week

My company sent out an email yesterday fishing for numbers of how many people can work from home, what % of their activities can be work from home, etc... and if there is a capacity issue from zillions of people VPN'ing all at once, would you rather work morning or afternoon.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The geniuses running the town by me where the big shopping center is banned plastic bags last week. So instead of nice sanitary single-use bags, it's now those reusable germ factories. But the town councilpersons gets to feel smart and virtuous, and that's what's really important right now.

I think you're being really short-sighted here; the needless deaths of a handful of elderly people are simply not as important as social justice virtue signalling.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Nascar and Indycar and golf all ended up canceling their events this weekend.

The only thing left is UFC and even they are doing it without a crowd. The ratings for it should be off the charts since it's literally the only live sporting event happening over the weekend.

WWE is running their show live tonight from their performance center in Orlando with no general public in the crowd so that should be interesting too. AEW is trying to run Wednesday somewhere with no fans too.

Only the carnys survived lol

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
WWE is running their show live tonight from their performance center in Orlando with no general public in the crowd so that should be interesting too.

They only run generally with 1/2 a crowd anyway. True story.

I hate that crap, but in college we got free tix to Monday Night Raw, got loade-up prior and went. They have aluminum barriers set-up and herded everyone into 1/2 the arena, and then all the cameras were on the other side of the arena so it makes it look like a sellout. Total fraud! Just like the wrestling.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
People are panic buying and people are stupid when they panic buying. Especially with produce and perishables

I bought my one Coronavirus panic stocking item today.

Took 3 liquor stores to find the damn thing. Apparently great alcoholic geniuses think alike.

Beer.jpg

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
They only run generally with 1/2 a crowd anyway. True story.

I hate that crap, but in college we got free tix to Monday Night Raw, got loade-up prior and went. They have aluminum barriers set-up and herded everyone into 1/2 the arena, and then all the cameras were on the other side of the arena so it makes it look like a sellout. Total fraud! Just like the wrestling.

It really depends on where the location is and how the current product is. It really has its ups and downs.

Flyers arena just had an almost completely full WWE show on Sunday and this AEW that was coming up at Prudential was almost completely sold out.

I've been to WWE shows at Prudential though that have been like you said too though but I've been to others that were legit sellouts too. Metlife for Wrestlemania last year was jam packed too.

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
I work for let's say a large publicly traded water utility in the area... We can't really ever work from home but I am looking forward to (if there's any positive to take from this) when 78 hits 'Will Smith I Am Legend' status and I can make it from Warren to Essex County in 30 minutes :sarcasm:

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I work for let's say a large publicly traded water utility in the area... We can't really ever work from home but I am looking forward to (if there's any positive to take from this) when 78 hits 'Will Smith I Am Legend' status and I can make it from Warren to Essex County in 30 minutes :sarcasm:

78 going over jugtown mountain at rush hour today was way less than usual.

My commute is great right now for me lol

Reactions: johnny pierogi

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
78 going over jugtown mountain at rush hour today was way less than usual.

My commute is great right now for me lol

are you in NJ or driving in from PA? depending upon how fast I get my ass moving in the morning sometimes I get on 78 in Pattenburg from 173 and the traffic coming over Jugtown is always unbelievable. If I'm up early enough I'll take 31 down but if I'm not on the road by 5:45 it's usually a bad play.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Whats in the keg?

Miller Lite. I have to watch my girlish figure. If I ever give up & let myself go it will be Dogfish Head 60 minutes.

are you in NJ or driving in from PA? depending upon how fast I get my ass moving in the morning sometimes I get on 78 in Pattenburg from 173 and the traffic coming over Jugtown is always unbelievable.

One word: Taxes.

Eastern Pennsylvania has become a boomtown of former NJ residents.

Not all that many years ago there was virtually no rush hour traffic from PA to NJ on 78. The traffic explosion has perfectly coincided with the massive NJ property tax increases over the last 20 years. This should be an academic case study.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Most of us here in Atlanta have switched to mandatory WFH. Luckily I work at an ecommerce company so everyone is at least relatively tech savvy and knows how to operate. I can't imagine working in IT infrastructure or support for anything with a lot of tech novices. Sounds like a horror show.

I also used to work in insurance claims and I can only imagine how brutal that is right now. When people get worried or desperate, all of a sudden they're owed money for everything.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Miller Lite. I have to watch my girlish figure. If I ever give up & let myself go it will be Dogfish Head 60 minutes.

One word: Taxes.

Eastern Pennsylvania has become a boomtown of former NJ residents.

Not all that many years ago there was virtually no rush hour traffic from PA to NJ on 78. The traffic explosion has perfectly coincided with the massive NJ property tax increases over the last 20 years. This should be an academic case study.

How long does beer stay good in a keg like that?

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
How long does beer stay good in a keg like that?

Depends on the beer. For a mass produced beer like this they say about 2 months, but I find it's closer to 3. Most of your fancier microbrews you wont get anywhere near that long. That also factors into the decision (at least for me).

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Most of us here in Atlanta have switched to mandatory WFH. Luckily I work at an ecommerce company so everyone is at least relatively tech savvy and knows how to operate. I can't imagine working in IT infrastructure or support for anything with a lot of tech novices. Sounds like a horror show.

It was. It really really was.

I've been in this position for over six years. I've never been as exhausted at the end of the day as I was every single day this week.

We were also down about 33% of our staff because this tends to be the quieter part of the year so people booked vacation days months ago.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Am I the only one in the world who thinks it is strange for people to use the “check in” feature on Facebook for people to say where they are or where they are eating?

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Am I the only one in the world who thinks it is strange for people to use the “check in” feature on Facebook for people to say where they are or where they are eating?

Definitely not, I have no desire for everyone to know where I'm at at all times. It's bad enough people freak out nowadays when you don't text them back in 5 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad