OT: The Thread About Nothing CCIX: VIEWS [from the 201]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I gave him ****. For a couple reasons.

1)The mouse was already trapped in the sink.

2)He then left, leaving the mouse in the sink, I guess hoping the mouse would escape.

3)The mouse didn't escape, so he then proceeds to put in one of the least humane ways to catch a mouse possible. And no not all killing methods are equal.

No one wants mice in their house, I'm no exception, but this was handled poorly.
2 answers 1. But I honestly don't get that either because then it's still in your house.

But what are you supposed to do at that point? Snap traps aren't fool proof and often times lead to prolonged suffering as well. Choke it out with gloves on? Smash it with a hammer?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I agree with Nubmer on this. I think the cat enjoys the hunt but once caught the mouse is a mere toy, at least to my cat.

Your cat also eats Fancy Feast, has cat toys purchased for it that would equal 2 weeks wages in some nations, and receives professional medical attention.

In the real world, cats eat mice.

#FirstWorldFelineProblems

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Obviously desperate times call for desperate measures. But that is different then "who cares".

As per fathers and daughters. The father is protecting the daughter in this instance as opposed to daughter, and unknown male alone in a bathroom together.

Women in men's room. See my point about women caring more then men.
Fair enough.
Anf if a women is bold enough to go into a mens room, I'd love to take a dump in the stall next to her.
Lol

That reminds me of a boat party I was at one time where the promoter was intent on the bathrooms being co-ed even though they were labeled as gender specific. Made sense since the place was 70-30 female. No one cared for the first hour or 2, that is until the urinals began overflowing and people started dropping coke deuces next to the girl they were trying to take home's bff.

Reactions: devilsblood

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
2 answers 1. But I honestly don't get that either because then it's still in your house.

But what are you supposed to do at that point? Snap traps aren't fool proof and often times lead to prolonged suffering as well. Choke it out with gloves on? Smash it with a hammer?

toss it in the chicken run and watch the clucks chase after the one grabs it first

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Your cat also eats Fancy Feast, has cat toys purchased for it that would equal 2 weeks wages in some nations, and receives professional medical attention.

My cats have all that and STILL eat mice. They just don't agree with them, it seems.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

I'd be OK with the glue trap curb stomp method here actually. But you could just catch it in a box, and then curb stomp.

So it boils down to: Is there a difference between a quick death vs a long torturous one? I'm going yes on this.

But Doggo(sorry buddy) showed multiple levels of weakness on this. First it was an unwillingness to deal with the issue by leaving it in the sink, hoping it would just go away, and then again by tossing in the glue trap, presumably putting the live mouse on the glue trap in the garbage and sending it on it's way. He half assed it all the way.

The curb stomp method, not only shows humanity by putting the critter quickly out of it's misery, but also, by dealing the death blow, that shows a willingness to actually deal with the situation.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Oh for sure. Though she is more of a Whiska's cat. The one's in the pouch, with lots of gravy.

She also pretty content with a string.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I've somehow found myself in an 80's cover band, mostly doing Mr. Mister and Spandau Ballet.

Is this where life has lead me?

Steve-Buscemi-Weddnig-Singer.jpg

Reactions: My3Sons

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I have learned by text update that my cat only ate one of the mice. The other she killed simply for the thrill of it.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kat

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
A classic which touches on a couple of the themes here.

Edit: Was wondering why they cut it there, but then I remembered the next scene where the Sabre tooth alley catus was tied up as the prize of the big game hunter.

The mouse was made up to look like a "native" if you will. My guess is that was deemed inappropriate at some.

Last edited:

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
would you ever get a new one?
Nope.

Loved the guy, but there's no negotiating with terrorists. And that breed has a lot of 'em.

I've been converted to a hound guy - which come with their own challenges - and wouldn't envy another species smaller than her creeping in to our place.

IMG-20190929-WA0003.jpg

Reactions: Aethon

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I've somehow found myself in an 80's cover band, mostly doing Mr. Mister and Spandau Ballet.

Is this where life has lead me?

How the hell can you "mostly" do Mr. Mister & Spandau Ballet? I had to look this up & Spandau Ballet only had one Top-40 hit. Mr. Mister I didn't have to look up, as I knew both of their Top-40 hits. But how could there possibly be a cover band market for that? This is like having a Flock of Seagulls cover band. Nobody's ever asked for that.

I have learned by text update that my cat only ate one of the mice. The other she killed simply for the thrill of it.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kat

Maybe she would have stashed it & ate it if she wasnt interfered with? Gives her a non-evil way out.

Last edited:

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Shih tzu is at the top of our list for when we're ready for a second dog.

And yeah, that was my old shepherd/akita while the shiba was dragging mouse guts across the kitchen floor.

To be honest, I never thought I’d be a small dog guy. But he’s great. Shih tzus are really chill little dogs.

There’s also a ton of them to be rescued thanks to unscrupulous breeders and people who want a small dog then decide they’re bored of them. When we were looking for a dog we went the rescue route and ended up with him. His back legs are deformed but he’s a riot.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
To be honest, I never thought I’d be a small dog guy. But he’s great. Shih tzus are really chill little dogs.

There’s also a ton of them to be rescued thanks to unscrupulous breeders and people who want a small dog then decide they’re bored of them. When we were looking for a dog we went the rescue route and ended up with him. His back legs are deformed but he’s a riot.
Callous breeders - most breeders in general - are the worst. The only reason I ended up with a shiba is because in the early 00's every dips**t yuppie in the city wanted a "fox". Of course few of them knew what it takes to manage that breed so tons of them ended up in shelters and at rescues.

Same dynamic with this hound and my previous one. They are so overbred in the south that as soon as they're figured to be not worth a shit for hunting they're discarded. And that's why there is a boom of coonhounds, foxhounds, harriers, etc in the city currently. Unfortunately I fear that the same thing will happen to this breed and people will start returning them once they realize the challenge a working hound in the city presents. Regardless of those awesome ears.

Back to the shih tzu though. I've never been a small dog person either, but I did enjoy the dynamic of my large guy and the shiba. I'm pretty in to dogs having a canine companion and have met some pretty dope poms, shih tzu's, and mini schnauzers. No doubt I'll go the shelter/rescue route again.

Reactions: tr83

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Joker is one of the better movies I've seen in a while. Definitely recommend, especially if you like Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad