Tribute The "This is not an OT thread this is just a tribute" OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I got to 6 min (of what appears to be this guys twitter opinions) and it didn’t get into how governments could give Twitter legal trouble. Could you time stamp that part?

Oh it’s literally at like 7 min

I don’t think Titter will need to worry about “Governments” outside the US.

And not even the US Government, baring some sort of change on how the government is acting.

Really the end is what you would probably want to know, which is less about what you two were talking about and more so Twitter will at some point have to file for Bankruptcy.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I got shortlisted last week for a six figure public art project for a new construction here in Van. Basically two facades of the entire building with my art. Would be my first project at that scale and almost half the budget in my pocket. I’m one of four artists competing now

f***in wild

Good Luck.

Reactions: Hansen

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I got shortlisted last week for a six figure public art project for a new construction here in Van. Basically two facades of the entire building with my art. Would be my first project at that scale and almost half the budget in my pocket. I’m one of four artists competing now

f***in wild
Can I get your autograph before you become famous? I intend to sell it for $$$$'s!

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

f***in wild

Good luck!

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Not to stir up controversy, but... whatever became of Willie Mitchell? After the alleged rape incident at his resort, it's like he no longer exists. You search the internet, if you were none the wiser you'd think the most famous WM is a random black dude from Mississippi. His online presence was thoroughly scrubbed.

No mainstream, sports, social, independent or state media appears to be looking for him. Despite the incident taking place at a packed event and having many reports in the night of, no one has said anything since September. No charges were laid so far, so it's not like anyone is bound by court proceedings or police investigations. The resort is running, business as usual - except without Mitchell. Despite this apparently gaping hole at the helm, it has not warranted any sort of public comment from Hamhuis, who co-owns the resort.

Is this a "offer the alleged victim a backroom deal then hide until it blows over" kind of situation?

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Snowmageddon has officially arrived.

Stay safe everybody. Stay home is you can (I can't)

Surrey roads not salted or brined so you can predict the results

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Snowmageddon has officially arrived.

Stay safe everybody. Stay home is you can (I can't)

Surrey roads not salted or brined so you can predict the results
We hard it was going to snow this week. That is inexcusable.

And people not putting on their winter tires. You don’t need snow on the roads to have them on. When the temperature high is around 7 Celsius you should put them on.

Stupidity….

Yes, rent is expensive and most people now lack a garage to store 4 spare tires, but there are storage spaces you can rent to store your tires. What is the price of your safety? If you can’t afford it try to work from home.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

So this has almost 200,000 views on Twitter in 48 hours. :laugh: This is at the arena in Kitimat, where I live. I don’t know the fellow who knocked himself out here, but I recognize other folks in the video.

(Watch to the end, you can’t make this up…what a bizarre occurrence)

uh I don't recall giving you permission to post of video of myself.:thumbd::naughty:

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Problems with snow driving are 5% poor tires and 95% people just having absolutely no clue how to drive in the snow.

Also, if you live in Canada and don't own a 4WD/AWD car, you're kind of dumb.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Problems with snow driving are 5% poor tires and 95% people just having absolutely no clue how to drive in the snow.

Also, if you live in Canada and don't own a 4WD/AWD car, you're kind of dumb.
People over estimate their skills in the snow. Have to account for where you live. No point in having a sedan if you live in PoCo Westwood Plateau area for example. If you don’t need to go out don’t. WFH. Plus we all had plenty of warning that snow was forecasted.

Inexcusable for the cities to not have plowed and salted the streets before the afternoon rush hour.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
People over estimate their skills in the snow. Have to account for where you live. No point in having a sedan if you live in PoCo Westwood Plateau area for example. If you don’t need to go out don’t. WFH. Plus we all had plenty of warning that snow was forecasted.

Inexcusable for the cities to not have plowed and salted the streets before the afternoon rush hour.

I'll just never understand people who live in Canada and buy a Honda Civic instead of a Subaru and are then shocked/scared/angry when they have the wrong car for the conditions multiple times literally every year.

People who gum up traffic by doing 25 in an 80 zone because they're absolutely terrified and have no idea what they're doing are worse than those who overestimate their skills.

The best thing anyone can do with teenagers learning to drive is go to a big parking lot at night when it snows and just practice sliding and doing burnouts and regaining control when you lose traction so they don't panic and lock the brakes when that inevitably happens in the real world.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'll just never understand people who live in Canada and buy a Honda Civic instead of a Subaru and are then shocked/scared/angry when they have the wrong car for the conditions multiple times literally every year.

People who gum up traffic by doing 25 in an 80 zone because they're absolutely terrified and have no idea what they're doing are worse than those who overestimate their skills.

The best thing anyone can do with teenagers learning to drive is go to a big parking lot at night when it snows and just practice sliding and doing burnouts and regaining control when you lose traction so they don't panic and lock the brakes when that inevitably happens in the real world.
Ouch…. That hurts as I own a civic. Lol….
But I don’t do much driving in the snow. But I have winter tires. Got them the year I got the car.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
But I don’t do much driving in the snow. But I have winter tires. Got them the year I got the car.

Hahaha sorry!

But yeah ... my family always had a 4WD car growing up dating back to an '85 Tercel and I've had 6 months of my adult life (with a godawful VW Passat) where I didn't have a 4WD vehicle. Wouldn't even consider something that wasn't. And I don't really understand why others aren't the same, unless you basically don't drive at all in winter or have the option of not driving if conditions dictate.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
I own two 4wd suvs… never gonna snow where I live… but if some a hole comes into my lane I want to have force on my side. They are hybrid to so I bet they have better fule economy then a civic.

Lat

Oct 12, 2005
Hahaha sorry!

But yeah ... my family always had a 4WD car growing up dating back to an '85 Tercel and I've had 6 months of my adult life (with a godawful VW Passat) where I didn't have a 4WD vehicle. Wouldn't even consider something that wasn't. And I don't really understand why others aren't the same, unless you basically don't drive at all in winter or have the option of not driving if conditions dictate.
I think severe service (mountain snow flake) winter tires are way more important than AWD/4WD, unless you happen to live in a hilly area (in which case you should have both).

I've driven through many blizzards on the Coq and Crowsnest with a RWD car but excellent winter tires - never had any issues.

Reactions: F A N

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
This is sort of true, but also just a huge misconception that people have about drivers in Vancouver. I lived in Windsor for a year. I had a Lancer that had all season tires. It snowed a fair bit. I never had an issue nor got stuck. And that is mostly because it was totally flat.

Vancouver is much different than other parts of Canada because its very hilly. Driving in the snow on flat terrain isn't difficult. Driving in greater Vancouver, where it is hilly, is exponentially more difficult. Its the hills where people get stuck and struggle.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I think severe service (mountain snow flake) winter tires are way more important than AWD/4WD, unless you happen to live in a hilly area (in which case you should have both).

I've driven through many blizzards on the Coq and Crowsnest with a RWD car but excellent winter tires - never had any issues.
Agreed. I also don't think AWD/4WD makes much of a difference with typical Vancouver road conditions after a snow dump.

53or8

Nov 20, 2016

So this has almost 200,000 views on Twitter in 48 hours. :laugh: This is at the arena in Kitimat, where I live. I don’t know the fellow who knocked himself out here, but I recognize other folks in the video.

(Watch to the end, you can’t make this up…what a bizarre occurrence)

Couple guys I work with were a couple rows up from it

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad