Tribute The "This is not an OT thread this is just a tribute" OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
We need somewhere to discuss the forum changes, at least. Is there a post somewhere that describes all the changes? Nobody has posted in News & Announcements since 2020.

The "Ignore Thread" feature seems to be lost.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
I figured it out. Scroll to the very bottom of the page. Above the HFBOARDS logo (left side) there is a little blue box that says HF LIGHT DEFAULT. Click the box and it should give you the option to got to HF Dark.

Thanks! I think this saved my eyes from blindness!

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I figured it out. Scroll to the very bottom of the page. Above the HFBOARDS logo (left side) there is a little blue box that says HF LIGHT DEFAULT. Click the box and it should give you the option to got to HF Dark.
Why has this post not received more likes?

Reactions: Bubbles

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
The red looks horrible in dark mode. I get that red is the sites color, but that limitation of needing to use the red makes dark mode almost unusable.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
They should change the site header to a photo collage of memes, and then also make a typo in a word that will change it to another word.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
i actually think it is incredibly modern, with the caveat that a boomer designed it

This is the perfect description. Then again, forums are old internet anyway.

The red looks horrible in dark mode. I get that red is the sites color, but that limitation of needing to use the red makes dark mode almost unusable.

I've always struggled to read red and I hadn't noticed how difficult it was to read people's forum names until you just mentioned it. I've always just used the default scheme but the white on the new site was way too much for my increasingly aging eyes to handle.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
This is the perfect description. Then again, forums are old internet anyway.

I've always struggled to read red and I hadn't noticed how difficult it was to read people's forum names until you just mentioned it. I've always just used the default scheme but the white on the new site was way too much for my increasingly aging eyes to handle.
Yeah, I have some colourblindness and the quoted name in red on grey is unreadable right now.

Not sure how bad it is for people with typical colour vision.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Yeah, I have some colourblindness and the quoted name in red on grey is unreadable right now.

Not sure how bad it is for people with typical colour vision.

I'm not colour blind, red words just tend to be blurry unless it's a very dark red on a good contrasting background. Same problem with yellow on white. My eyes are weird and have been since I was 13.

This really only applies when quoting someone, though. The Red on light grey for usernames is fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad