The Things Oiler Management Did That Got You Mad

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
it can be Lowe or MacT, both or either, what they said or did that drug this team through the mud for years, like verbal comments or signings or trades....whatever you care to mention. i'm not angry anymore, but i just wanted to see how many things people might come up with and have a little fun with it.

i'll start....not only the MacT hiring itself, which was wrong because he had no experience, but Lowe's comments at the MacT hiring about "Tier 1 and Tier 2 fans" and "half the GM's in the NHL would trade their roster for our roster right now" and "knowing a thing or two about winning if there's ever a concern". and you wonder why most of the league has been laughing at the Oilers for years! i just shook my head! :shakehead

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Hiring of MacT with garbage qualifications
Handling of Smyth
Handling of Comrie
Handling of Gagner
Handling of Dubnyk
Handling of Souray
Handling of Perron
Musil reach
"Norris" Schultz
Top pairing Nikitin
Visually better
Resurgence due to acquisitions and not Nelson
Eakins defending
Saying they'd be judged on Eakins hire then not

Why

Jan 15, 2014
Edmonton
Too many to list but mac t pressers are right at the top. His comment about fans can appreciate the fact they can make 6 or 7 passes and still have the puck just absolutely blows my mind.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Trading Ryan Smyth
Not signing Glencross
Trading Brodziak to move up in the draft from the 6th into the 4th round
The Souray situation/Visnovsky trades/Gilbert trade/overall decimation of our blue line.
Hanging on to Hemsky for way too long
Not trading Gagner the year prior
Hiring Eakins

Hemsky is a gangsta

Hemsky is a gangsta
Jun 23, 2004
- Not giving Jagr or Roloson multi year contracts because they were over 35 and then giving Khabibulin a 4 year deal

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
The easier question would be, "what did Oilers management do that made me happy?" A lot of things already said, but I'll try to add some things..

Anyway here goes:

-Firing Tambo, then giving the job right to MacT
-Eakins
-Openly mocking fans in pressers
-Taking anti-management signs at games
-trading players too early or too late
-Nikitin
-Constantly signing/trading for support players to openly tank

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
The complete lack of initiative to stray from a plan that was not working. Stubbornly reiterating the same failing mantra when their incompetence and inexperience was forefront. Preaching improvement during undebatable times of regression. Planning to fail by calling the upcoming season a developmental year.

The fact that they did all this with an air of condescension, arrogance, and complete lack of accountability for their mistakes was what truly felt like a slap to the face.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Seems kinda counter-productive to get worked up over the past dealings or people who are no longer in power.

Last edited:

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Trying to sign the following players for a million years

Gomez
Hossa
Clarkson
Heatley

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Certainly on levels it's hilarious, but at certainly levels there's just 'other' things going on that shouldn't be.

Eh, let 'em be upset. Buffalo and Arizona are the only ones with legitimate gripes and even then they tanked.

We won because we were incompetent, imagine that. :laugh:

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Eh, let 'em be upset. Buffalo and Arizona are the only ones with legitimate gripes and even then they tanked.

We won because we were incompetent, imagine that. :laugh:

True. It's just unfortunate some people can't be more professional. But that's what happens in these circumstances, I guess. So be it. We got McDavid. Deal with it.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
The complete lack of initiative to stray from a plan that was not working.

Planning to fail by calling the upcoming season a developmental year.

^these are 2 that they have done recently that really pizzed me off! when MacT said he likely wasn't going to trade the "core" of this team, the same core we haven't been able to win with for years, i was just floored! a blind man could see it wasn't working with that group!

which leads me in to the second point about this upcoming season being a "developmental" year....it was like MacT was just giving up and conceding the season in advance. it was then that, if there was any doubt before?, i knew MacT was over matched as GM and had to go. finally someone was listening and did the right thing and replaced him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad