Speculation: The Team Presidency Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Feb 5, 2006
Calgary
And 2 top 6 draft picks were completely blown, including one top 5 pick that was blatantly obvious. You do realize Benning wanted to draft Cody Glass and his scouts talked him into Pettersson?

First I'm hearing about this. Where did you get this info from?

Not that I'd put it past Benning though...

member 290103

First I'm hearing about this. Where did you get this info from?

Not that I'd put it past Benning though...

The BenningBros have tried to silence it, but it came out nonetheless.

On an aside, anyone been to a website called Canucks Corner? It's full of BenningBros mocking this site and 1040 radio - it's a bizarre place. Interesting stuff.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
GM’s are primarily responsible for first round picks. It’s not like Yzerman is scouting guys ranked 40-150 on their list

I don't really believe that to be true, even though it gets said around here a lot. It would be pretty silly to stick with your own gut feeling (which hasn't been working) in favor of the guys who are hitting home runs outside the first round for you.

I believe all drafting to be a collaborative process between management and scouting departments in all organizations from top to bottom.

Reactions: B-rock

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
The BenningBros have tried to silence it, but it came out nonetheless.

On an aside, anyone been to a website called Canucks Corner? It's full of BenningBros mocking this site and 1040 radio - it's a bizarre place. Interesting stuff.

That site also bans people if they talk out against Benning. It's a cesspool full of cave-man thinking where Brandon Sutter is a valued member of this team.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
He's excellent at pushing good teams over the edge into cup contenders. He hasn't built a franchise yet but I bet he will formulate a logical plan and execute.
He took a good team and added a few depth pieces. ONCE. He then destroyed the team due to his paralysis and fear of “losing” trades. I doubt Seattle gives him a high profile job. Perhaps an advisory role

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
He took a good team and added a few depth pieces. ONCE. He then destroyed the team due to his paralysis and fear of “losing” trades. I doubt Seattle gives him a high profile job. Perhaps an advisory role
Quoted for the inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad