Speculation: The Team Presidency Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Thanks to those who have responded. I'm definitely intrigued. If we bring in Krueger as President I just fear that he doesn't have the experience running an NHL team that he might still lean on Benning too much. But if Krueger comes in here and brings in his own guys and puts his own front office in place, then I'm all for it.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Thanks to those who have responded. I'm definitely intrigued. If we bring in Krueger as President I just fear that he doesn't have the experience running an NHL team that he might still lean on Benning too much. But if Krueger comes in here and brings in his own guys and puts his own front office in place, then I'm all for it.
I think given his experience and seeming intelligence he's well suited for an executive position and wouldnt need anything from Benning but his allegiance to his vision.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany

I dont think he would fire Benning straight away but I also dont imagine he would have him for long or even have Benning going wild in UFA without his consent. Krueger made it quite clear he wants to have all on the same page in terms of the greater goal and he seems to be a smart guy so i dont think he would have time for a simple mind like Benning. I am not saying Krueger will be the saviour of the franchise but compared to what we have now he would be godsend.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I dont think he would fire Benning straight away but I also dont imagine he would have him for long or even have Benning going wild in UFA without his consent. Krueger made it quite clear he wants to have all on the same page in terms of the greater goal and he seems to be a smart guy so i dont think he would have time for a simple mind like Benning. I am not saying Krueger will be the saviour of the franchise but compared to what we have now he would be godsend.
Given benning’s contract he’d let it run out. Or if he wanted to make the move it wouldn’t cost much with a year left.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver

I know it's a gamble like anything, but as long as we go for the smartest person available to be hired, I honestly don't care who the exact person is. I just want someone who's smart and can form a vision for the team and then make smart moves to achieve that vision.

If that's Krueger, Francis... all the same to me.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Labamba

Too Much 4 CDC
Feb 26, 2013
Shuswap
If I was an owner of a mediocre hockey team I would call Ralph Krueger every 3 months. I think a President + GM role might bring him back to the sport he is truly in love with. Everything he touches improves. His experience being chairman of Southampton would only add to his already impressive and unorthodox resume. I’ve always been a huge fan.

I literally pulled this out of thin air and a few days later he leaves South Hampton.

Labamba

Too Much 4 CDC
Feb 26, 2013
Shuswap
I'm still waiting for someone to actually explain why Krueger is a good candidate. Is he big on analytics? Does he take a progressive approach to management? I get what's happened in Southampton, but that's a different sport altogether.

A good manager doesn’t have to know a god damn thing about analytics. He just has to know how to surround himself and motivate people that do. Does the CEO of McDolalds need to know how to make a Big Mac?

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com

When Krueger was a coach he was considered a progressive thinker who would look at the players he had and design a system that would use their skills the best.

With his Southampton experience he understands how to run the operations of a sport team. Soccer is far beyond what hockey is with Analytics and I think most would assume, he'd be receptive to using more analytics to help supplement eye test scouting to help the organization.

Based on his past experience and how he thinks, he would come in, assess the strengths and weaknesses on and off the ice and make the according changes.

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
Ok. I wanted to find out whether Southampton was meeting realistic expectations. If Kruger was doing such a great job seeing his team at risk for relegation would be alarming if it was not expected.

So Southampton is like the Oakland A’s who have a low payroll trying to compete then?

A mixture of some gambles that didn't pan out and some stiff competition. Still baffles me why they traded my good friend Cedric (portuguese right back) to Internazionale and didn't get someone to replace him.

As a comparison, check Fulham. Huge investment, disastrous results.

Dissonance Jr

Oct 6, 2017

Guess it’s not impossible that we could still make a run at Holland, though I sorta doubt he’d be interested in us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad