The Tank Megathread | VI --- All Tank Talk & Standings Talk [Mod Warning Post 535]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I honestly think regardless of our position in the standings Vrbata and Prust will be gone, and maybe Hamhuis although I could see us keeping him because our D is horrid.

I certainly hope you're right and I'm wrong on this but I just don't see it.

GreatSaveLuongo

May 4, 2009
If I'm Benning I don't give a damn about my boss if I could make my customers satisfied.

The fear is if Sedins suddenly have a drop off in production, there's no one on the team that can carry the load. Yes we have Horvat and co. but that's 2nd line production atm.

We need higher draft position to draft elite players.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
If I'm Benning I don't give a damn about my boss if I could make my customers satisfied.

The fear is if Sedins suddenly have a drop off in production, there's no one on the team that can carry the load. Yes we have Horvat and co. but that's 2nd line production atm.

We need higher draft position to draft elite players.
Umm, so you don't care about your boss' thought.
do you still have your job?

Love

Feb 29, 2012
After reading the GDT and seeing how satisfied with this team people are, you know what? I just don't care to argue with the anti-tank crowd. You're happy with this team, great. Be happy. Enjoy the purgatory hell this organization is currently in and will be in for an extended period of time. This is what you deserve because you're happy with what's going on with this team. I, and a few others, want better and demand better. Sadly we won't, and sadly there are too many people in this market who think this management regime is doing a good job that they'll have enough rope to continue destroying this organization.

Amen

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Pretty obvious after this road-trip that the Canucks aren't tanking....Columbus, Leafs and Edmonton all lose again....just hope we enough gas in the tank to actually gain a playoff spot....finishing 9th or 10th in the conference would be a disaster.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Not much else that can be said right now. This team is ridiculously frustrating to watch and support.

Easy enough to just say pick a new team, but I have roots here. I do feel myself becoming less of a Canucks fan and more of just a general hockey fan. I guess I'm just sick of getting let down.

Every advanced stat suggests that we are one of the worst teams in the league, yet here we are in a position to draft ahead of the usual suspects who scoop up the top talents every season.

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
Pretty obvious after this road-trip that the Canucks aren't tanking....Columbus, Leafs and Edmonton all lose again....just hope we enough gas in the tank to actually gain a playoff spot....finishing 9th or 10th in the conference would be a disaster.

Don't they get 3 chances to win the lottery if they miss this year? I know the odds are against it...but there is some sort of a chance, no?

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
Not much else that can be said right now. This team is ridiculously frustrating to watch and support.

Easy enough to just say pick a new team, but I have roots here. I do feel myself becoming less of a Canucks fan and more of just a general hockey fan. I guess I'm just sick of getting let downm

The team is in transition. Did you really expect them to compete for the cup this year? As for fans that decide to move on and support other teams, that's pathetic. I have my issues with the Canucks right now, but I'll always be a Canuck fan. Sorry Dan Russell.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
The team is in transition. Did you really expect them to compete for the cup this year? As for fans that decide to move on and support other teams, that's pathetic. I have my issues with the Canucks right now, but I'll always be a Canuck fan. Sorry Dan Russell.

I expected a top 5 pick, as they should be getting. But they have way too many useless loser points that ensure we'll get a decent prospect instead of a franchise level talent like we so desperately need.

Instead we have to see the Flames, Oilers and Leafs in contention for Matthews and perhaps two of them getting the Finns, despite already having previously drafted in the top 5 multiple times before.

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
I expected a top 5 pick, as they should be getting. But they have way too many useless loser points that ensure we'll get a decent prospect instead of a franchise level talent like we so desperately need.

Instead we have to see the Flames, Oilers and Leafs in contention for Matthews and at least two of them getting the Finns.

Fair enough, I don't disagree.....it's hard though to ice a team of predominantly young rookies, and then complain when they play well and the team wins.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

Instead we have to see the Flames, Oilers and Leafs in contention for Matthews and perhaps two of them getting the Finns, despite already having previously drafted in the top 5 multiple times before.
This team won't get a top 5 pick except through lottery.
I'm pretty sure you've heard this before but if you can't enjoy this team, the door is always open.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
This team won't get a top 5 pick except through lottery.
I'm pretty sure you've heard this before but if you can't enjoy this team, the door is always open.

eh that's a fairly ******* attitude to take. We're all fans of this team or we wouldn't care so damn much about its future. Just because some of us care less about a win in game 48 of the regular season than others doesn't make us not fans. The person who isn't a fan sure as hell isnt spending hours each day on HF Canucks arguing with other fans over the best way to make this team better. We may disagree on the approach and on the priorities but don't confuse that with being more or less of a supporter of the Vancouver Canucks.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
eh that's a fairly ******* attitude to take. We're all fans of this team or we wouldn't care so damn much about its future. Just because some of us care less about a win in game 48 of the regular season than others doesn't make us not fans. The person who isn't a fan sure as hell isnt spending hours each day on HF Canucks arguing with other fans over the best way to make this team better. We may disagree on the approach and on the priorities but don't confuse that with being more or less of a supporter of the Vancouver Canucks.

I'm talking to the poster I respond, not all of you

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I'm talking to the poster I respond, not all of you

But I think the sentiment applies to anyone who cares enough about the team to be so emotionally invested in their game-by-game fortunes. If you care, you're a fan. And being happy and contented with everything about the team does not make a person more of a fan than being dissatisfied or expecting more from your team.

So in general I wish people would drop the whole attitude of "if you don't like it go cheer for another team" bs. My team is my team and nobody gets to tell me otherwise. And I would extend that same basic respect to everyone else on this board, whether I agreed with their views or not.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
So in general I wish people would drop the whole attitude of "if you don't like it go cheer for another team" bs. My team is my team and nobody gets to tell me otherwise. And I would extend that same basic respect to everyone else on this board, whether I agreed with their views or not.

Props, CF. Someone sees the bigger picture. We're all fans, we just have different opinions on how the team could be better.

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
But I think the sentiment applies to anyone who cares enough about the team to be so emotionally invested in their game-by-game fortunes. If you care, you're a fan. And being happy and contented with everything about the team does not make a person more of a fan than being dissatisfied or expecting more from your team.

He was responding to the guy that was saying he was considering moving on from the Canucks to cheer for another team. Real fans don't do that.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
He was responding to the guy that was saying he was considering moving on from the Canucks to cheer for another team. Real fans don't do that.

I don't think that's what he said at all.

Easy enough to just say pick a new team, but I have roots here. I do feel myself becoming less of a Canucks fan and more of just a general hockey fan. I guess I'm just sick of getting let down.

He's not saying he's considering changing teams, he's saying that it's easy for other fans to say go cheer for another team if you don't like the Canucks, but he can't do it because he has roots here.

To which I was supporting him, as the Canucks are my team and have been for 26 years. I may not be happy with all things about them but I am stuck with them anyway.

Agent007

Mar 22, 2006
How the hell does this team go 9-3-2. We seem to be getting all the luck a team like Edmonton (this season) isn't getting. Who know's maybe we'll get their lottery luck :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad