The Tank Megathread | VI --- All Tank Talk & Standings Talk [Mod Warning Post 535]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Let the tank roll on.

Continue.

I created a few tanking avatars for people to use as they wish. Enjoy.

linden_av.jpg
benning_av.jpg
willie_av.jpg
burrows_av.jpg
dorsett_av.jpg
edler_av.jpg
miller_av.jpg
prust_av.jpg
sbisa_av.jpg
vrbata_av.jpg
bartowski_av.jpg
weber_av.jpg

Great work TraderJim!

Last edited by a moderator:

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Ferraro was predicting the opposite. We're getting back Sutter and Hansen on this road trip. That's going to be a huge boost.

I dunno there's quite the stretch of road games coming up. That being said, I could see us losing to Carolina and beating Was, both NY teams, and the Pens because...Canucks.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I dunno there's quite the stretch of road games coming up. That being said, I could see us losing to Carolina and beating Was, both NY teams, and the Pens because...Canucks.

Its so weird that we are sitting in a playoff spot and getting healthier by the day while a big chunk of the fanbase is calling for a tank. Goes to show how weak our divison is.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Its so weird that we are sitting in a playoff spot and getting healthier by the day while a big chunk of the fanbase is calling for a tank. Goes to show how weak our divison is.

And 6-2-2 since going 0-for-3 against Chicago-Minnesota-Philadelphia

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Well, Miller is already back and he's not playing right now.

Sbisa, as much as everyone wants to hate on him, is a better option than Weber.

Sbisa has played better this year than the lynch mob likes to admit.

Yes there are still a few pizzas, but why does no one mention the pizzas our so called #1 defenceman Edler hands out a couple of most nights?

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014

Shows how much faith our fanbase has in this team advancing in the playoffs. The embarrassment against the Flames last year was the final straw for a lot of people.

banme*

Jun 7, 2014

Yes there are still a few pizzas, but why does no one mention the pizzas our so called #1 defenceman Edler hands out a couple of most nights?

I'm assuming because Edler is a much better player.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
@Wash - L
@Car - W
@NYI - W
@NYR - L
@Bos - L
@Pens - OTL

2-3-1

Need to go like 1-4-1 to actually drop a few spots.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
@Wash - L
@Car - W
@NYI - W
@NYR - L
@Bos - L
@Pens - OTL

2-3-1

Need to go like 1-4-1 to actually drop a few spots.

Would prefer to lose all games by a goal except against Boston, who we shut out and blow out.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

Pretty much this. It's a weird dichotomy of being both a playoff team (at times) and in the bottom 10 of the NHL at the same time. Are we a good team? Are we a bad team? It almost changes daily.

What doesn't change is the fact that we'll get our ***** handed to us by any non-Pacific team in the playoffs so it is pretty easy for me to remain pro-tank despite this whole "we're in the playoffs" illusion.

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
I'm as pro tank as anyone here. With that said I wouldn't mind seeing the kids in the playoffs.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto

Maybe there's more to evaluating defensemen than the amount of "pizzas" they serve up.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I'm as pro tank as anyone here. With that said I wouldn't mind seeing the kids in the playoffs.

Even if everything goes right for this team the playoffs are a long shot.

Anaheim and San Jose are starting to wake up, and we simply cannot compete with them when they are on their game. SJ didn't have Logan Couture all season and now he's back and starting to find his game again.

Anaheim is clutching up too. They are stifling teams right now and John Gibson is a wall. Kesler is finding his offence again and so are Perry/Getzlaf. They've also been without Despres all season and he has just returned to practice, so I would expect he'll be back relatively soon.

MISC*

Leafs vs Jackets - Win/Win

Bruins vs Philly - GoFlyers

Cats vs Flames - Go Flames

Ducks vs Sens - Go Ducks\

4 games. 5 teams behind us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad