The Tank Megathread | VI --- All Tank Talk & Standings Talk [Mod Warning Post 535]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
2-0 Jackets :popcorn:

I haven't decided if thats good or not haha... I don't know if theres a realistic chance we can catch CBJ anyway so Im kind of wanting Toronto to win that one.

Either way its kind of a win-win game.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Shows how much faith our fanbase has in this team advancing in the playoffs. The embarrassment against the Flames last year was the final straw for a lot of people.

This. For me this is the main reason I'm pro-tank. After our decade of ....regular season success? The definition of 'Mediocrity' for this fan-base has shifted from a tendency of missing the playoffs barely to making it and losing in the first 2 rounds....

Which doesn't bode well for our psyche really. That is a really high bar to gauge the team's success to, given where our prospects in the pipe rank in terms of talent and potential with the other franchises out there... like the two next door for example....

I think we that had been following this team for a long time recognise that. Which makes securing a top 3 pick this year so crucial to the well being of our franchise in terms of player personnel and fan-interest. We recognise that unlike St.Louis and San Jose, the annual ritual of qualifying for the playoffs and the eventual flame out is not viable for this town. The sooner Aquaman realize this the better it is for his bottomline.... The current mandate to retool on the fly is just not viable for this franchise. Look at Detroit post Yzerman (0 cups), St Louis and San Jose. Is that what our management group is striving for? If you ask enough of us, I can say for certain that the majority of the Rogers center faithful will reject that model. With his extensive history here, I hope Linden recognise that, I doubt Benning does. For the short term and long term, for all the closet armchair GMs and the bottomline, a tear down this year is optimal and will be embraced by all the Canuck faithful.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Looks like Florida is collapsing, good thing they went on that streak or they would definitely be behind us in the standings.

Great night now just need a ducks win to cap it off.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see a nucks win tomorrow shooting themselves in the foot yet again.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Yay.

I hate the fact the year we are a garbage team, our division is so terrible we may still make the playoffs.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Good night for the tank. Hopefully Anaheim and Calgary and get on a roll after this. Need to put some distance from us by the deadline to hopefully destroy any playoff pretences management might have.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Highly unlikely that we make the playoffs.

Have to agree....big problem is our lack of ROW's and the overtime record.....team is going to have to go on an extended run, and can't really see that happening ....unfortunately we could be just good or bad enough to miss by a little and end up with a poorer draft pick.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Expecting some solid losses in the next few days.

Washington - Loss
Carolina - Win
islanders - Loss
Rangers - Loss
Boston - Loss
Pens - Loss

Frank Garrett

Duncan
Oct 3, 2011
Duncan Construction
Good night brehs
Good night my friends. Tonight, I fear extradition to the United States of America for reasons beyond my control. If for some reason you never see me again, always remember that even as much as our team sucks ass right now...

- Mark Giordano and T.J. Brodie are TRASH... dudes are like 40 years-old... older than the Sedins (not really but... pretty much) and are just breaking out right now

- the Oilers are straight trash... all of them including that German guy...

with the exception of Connor McDavid who could end up being a beast. But no matter how well he does, nothing he can do will counteract the pathetic losing culture that has been ingrained into that organization over the past eight years. Not even Nashville wanted to trade with these guys because of the pathetic not a single **** given mannerisms that have been drilled into these mother****ers year after year (except for maybe Hall who is just a dumbass kamikaze who won't think twice about snapping both of his femurs by crashing into the boards full speed just to chase down a lose puck in the neutral zone during a blowout where the Oilers are losing by like five goals regular season game) over the years. "But they had the offence and Nashville had all of the defense... how were they not a shoo-in for Seth Jones?!?" Because teams are supposed to be lining up miles back in desperation to add a goofy assed cross-eyed floater like Eberle to their offence.

Sam Bennett is no better than a glorified Ryan Nugent Hopkins. He is at best a Cody Hodgson, or any other of the former green and blue jersey bearers (Cody, Zack, Connauton, HIGGY) that we have seen pass through the waiver wire over the past couple of weeks.

Western Canadian teams are all TRASH and somehow, even with Simple Jim and Casual Trev at the helm, the Canucks will PROSPER and come out better than the rest even if we do not obtain Austin Matthews. Even when times are bad, have no fear. When the Coilers and Flamers are on hot streaks and appear to be on the up and up, have no fear. When the Sabres of Buffalo appear to be bound for glory years and en route to Lord Stanley's mug and a certain member who was born in Kelowna yet sports a Sabres tattoo and attempts to troll the Canucks on the main board sociopath appears out of the woodwork at the worst of times, HAVE NO FEAR. Sabres are garbage too and shall not pass.

Godspeed everybody.

Tank for life.

And after we're done tanking, we'll kick it to Anaheim (after firing this moustache-wearing wannabe cowboy coach who is probably from the fakeass cowboy city of Dallas) and Free Brucie.

Bruce_Boudreau.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad