The Tank Megathread -- All Tank Talk & Standings Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Was hoping Miller would get the start ugh. Hoping Chara/Bergeron can contain the Twins.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
Man, I look at some of those teams below us. They are just so goddamn terrible that is cracks me up thinking about how bad we'd have to play to catch them. :laugh:

but we're doing it!!!

I dunno how long I want the tank to last. 2 years maybe? Dunno yet. What I do know is that I'm gonna have to take a month long shower when it's over. :)

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
This is probably as good a year as any to "tank" or have a transitionary year and get a Top 10 pick. Lots of injuries, lots of pending UFAs who should get us some nice picks, give the kids some chances (hopefully doesn't crush them).

Still think we NEED to send McCann and Virtanen to the WJC though. Better for their development.

I think I've watched 1 game this year, completely checked out. Just not that exciting or interesting to watch, no players I really care about except for maybe Horvat Tanev Hutton and the Twins.

Feel awful for the Sedin's though. They need to be a 2nd line on a contending team right now.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
This is probably as good a year as any to "tank" or have a transitionary year and get a Top 10 pick. Lots of injuries, lots of pending UFAs who should get us some nice picks, give the kids some chances (hopefully doesn't crush them).

Still think we NEED to send McCann and Virtanen to the WJC though. Better for their development.

I think I've watched 1 game this year, completely checked out. Just not that exciting or interesting to watch, no players I really care about except for maybe Horvat Tanev Hutton and the Twins.

Feel awful for the Sedin's though. They need to be a 2nd line on a contending team right now.
How can you not be excited for McCann? Oh wait, you only watched 1 game.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Sedin’s & Hansen
Higgins-McCann-Vrbata
Kenins-Horvat-Burrows
Prust-Cracknell-Dorsett
Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Bartkowski
Hutton-Weber
Markstrom
Off course you sit Biega.
Good job WD, Go tank Go!

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Shane Malloy is describing Austin Mathews as a 'generational talent'....could it be?....but even if that doesn't pan out, hoping the tank last long enough for Benning to clean house at the trade deadline......multiple picks in the first couple of rounds is only way to go.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
watching the standings and scores of the teams below us in hopes of a top 5 pick is like watching this team and hoping for a playoff birth

ain't gonna happen and a waste of time

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
watching the standings and scores of the teams below us in hopes of a top 5 pick is like watching this team and hoping for a playoff birth

ain't gonna happen and a waste of time

So negative! Don't you know you're suppose to be more positive around here!

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver

I honestly don't. The players that wanted to win a Cup got outta dodge. Sedin's know they're free to go off and do the same, but they've embraced their role. I don't think they feel bad, so I don't feel bad.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
As much as I want them to lose, show some fight for ****s sake. Haven't seen Dorsett skate hard since the first three games of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad