The Tampa Bay Lightning ranked the #1 franchise in all sports.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Some of their criteria used were brutal. Low ticket prices should lower a team's ranking, not help it...

How does high ticket prices make fans happy again?

So paying $300 a ticket to watch the 2015-2016 Maple Leafs or less than half that to watch the Lightning? Hmm tough choice there chief

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Tampa?? What have they done since winning in 2004?? Are they just trying to reword what defines a classy organization is? So I guess Detroit was nowhere to be found? If any team should at the top it's Detroit. Biggest fanbase in hockey and the loyalty knows no bounds both ways. And we had Lidstrom on the team for 20 yrs for christ sakes. The classiest most respected guy ever to play hockey. They call him the "The Perfect Human" even. This is why I hate ESPN. Yeah when they get it right( nominating a hockey team) they get it wrong.

Wait, guys.... LIDSTROM was on the Red Wings? The PERFECT HUMAN?!? Hand over the trophy boys, the Red Wings had a player one time.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The Lightning have a pretty impressive young core and are going to be one of the top teams in the NHL but #1 in all of sports? Not sure about that!

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

So paying $300 a ticket to watch the 2015-2016 Maple Leafs or less than half that to watch the Lightning? Hmm tough choice there chief

Ever took an economy class? Demand is high, thus price are high. Fans cant be unhappy of they sell out

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
I have no issue with that selection. Lightning seem like a smart, progressive organization.

Restricting ticket sales from Canadian and Hawks fans during the playoffs doesn't seem like a very progressive strategy to me.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Tampa?? What have they done since winning in 2004?? Are they just trying to reword what defines a classy organization is? So I guess Detroit was nowhere to be found? If any team should at the top it's Detroit. Biggest fanbase in hockey and the loyalty knows no bounds both ways. And we had Lidstrom on the team for 20 yrs for christ sakes. The classiest most respected guy ever to play hockey. They call him the "The Perfect Human" even. This is why I hate ESPN. Yeah when they get it right( nominating a hockey team) they get it wrong.

Biggest fan base in hockey when the Leafs and Habs exist. Okay.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009

Detroit is a funny way to spell Montreal and Toronto.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Ever took an economy class? Demand is high, thus price are high. Fans cant be unhappy of they sell out

Yes, obviously every hockey fan in Toronto enjoys paying $300 per ticket and they all hope it stays that way forever. I don't think I could ever find a hockey fan in Toronto who would actually want to pay less money to see their team play.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Detroit is far from having the biggest fanbase in hockey.That would be either the Habs or the Leafs.

Having been in quite a few different buildings when Detroit is playing. I can easily believe Detroit being the largest, and it's extremely annoying lol.

DaGoose

Jul 22, 2015
Having been in quite a few different buildings when Detroit is playing. I can easily believe Detroit being the largest, and it's extremely annoying lol.

As you know, there are tons of people that move to Florida from Michigan. I'm one of them and I was at the Wings/Bolts season opener. Wings are my #1 team, Bolts are #2 team.

Dimensha

Jul 14, 2010

This is satire right? It has to be because you can't be serious.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Is it just a playoff thing or am I imagining this ban?!

You are making something up here. That was a thing in the playoffs for one section in the arena, the most expensive one, having just 300 seats, most "owned" by season ticket holders and they wanted that ban. The other 19xxx people in the building were completly free the wear whatever they want.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015

And yet more people are willing to shell out the $300 to watch the weaker team... What does that say?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad